Early morning workouts--do you eat before?

Options
124»

Replies

• candycvky
    candycvky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Due to work I am a night owl so I workout mid afternoon. If I am hungry, I will grab a breakfast bar before I start, otherwise just water. I eat within 1.5 hours of exercising a regular meal. The upside of being a night owl is that I get my largest meal first and getting exercise in before helps.
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I tried not eating before a work out once - never again! Didn't even push myself but felt sick and faint and had to lay down with my feet above my head - seriously, I'd have blacked out otherwsie. Good job I was at home and not in the gym! My body does not like doing anything without a meal in it. I would never eat directly before exercising but got to have something about an hour before. I'm a Bran Flakes and a banana and/or protein shake fan.

honestly that goes away after you do it for a week or so- your body would adjust.

I personally don't LIKE having to deal with it- so I typically don't- but you can work around it and through it (week wise) and make it a habit- IF you want.

Like I said- it's not needed- but if you're scheduled suits an AM morning best- don't get put off by some discomfort right off the bat- like everything else we do- it takes the body a minute to catch up with the program.

Nahh, I'm good thanks LOL. If it were an issue and my *only* option was super early morning workouts I'd have to deal with/get used to it but I'm lucky with my time (work from home, no kids) so I can fit my workouts round everything else (or vice versa). I don't mind feeling wobbly from purely working hard (in fact I'm quickly growing to love that particular 'buzz') but the exercise on an empty stomach feeling is not for me - I faint very easily (always have) so it's something I have to be mindful of.

Do what works for you OP, trial and error is often the best approach, just make sure you have somewhere soft to crash out if you're anything like me :-) .