Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

your view on men who wear tights in the gym

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Who cares, really? If I'd go to the gym I wouldn't be paying attention to anyone but myself anyways.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    I've actually not seen any guys wear only compression shorts to the gym, but I have seen bikers on the trails(obviously) and guys out running wearing a t-shirt and compression shorts. Have no issues with it.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    It does make me think of ballet. But if it got me a body like anyone of these guys I would wear tights day in day out:

b71hes.jpg
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    i only wear tights when i'm out fighting crime!:angry:
    :flowerforyou:
  • Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Men wear tights in competitive cycling, swimming, and running. As long as you can back it up with real performance, nobody's gonna care. If you dress up like a serious athlete but run out of breath after 10 minutes at the treadmill, then people might give you funny looks.
    @hexahedra - totally true! If you are an MMA fighter choose to wear those tiny shorts and back it up, no one will give it a second thought. However, if you walk around with those shorts and can't throw a kick or punch (target hits or heavy bag). People will pass judgement.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    I'm a gal from the "80's so I'm alright with it :smile:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Depending on the guy I might get quite distracted... :wink:
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    imo it's weird, you're basically showing off your junk and *kitten* for no reason, other than for people to look and that's not what the gym is for

joggers all the way

Do you also think it's weird when fit women wear workout clothes that accentuate their boobs and *kitten*?

i don't really see the point in it, however women tend to make themselves more shown off in general, it's normal but i suppose it depends how in control of yourself you are to whether you end up oggling good looking women/men.

i don't go to the gym purely because of all this stuff, when i'm doing weights or running or w/e i don't really like the idea of people looking at me it's really off putting, i feel like i'm performing rather than exercising

but maybe that's just me, and i'm single lol, but i see it as there's a time and a place
  • Kaasie1
    Kaasie1 Posts: 25
    If it suites them go for it! If it doesn't then don't. Depends on person to person. Some guys look good and others look....not so good.
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    imo it's weird, you're basically showing off your junk and *kitten* for no reason, other than for people to look and that's not what the gym is for

joggers all the way

Do you also think it's weird when fit women wear workout clothes that accentuate their boobs and *kitten*?

i don't really see the point in it, however women tend to make themselves more shown off in general, it's normal but i suppose it depends how in control of yourself you are to whether you end up oggling good looking women/men.

i don't go to the gym purely because of all this stuff, when i'm doing weights or running or w/e i don't really like the idea of people looking at me it's really off putting, i feel like i'm performing rather than exercising

but maybe that's just me, and i'm single lol, but i see it as there's a time and a place

I remember in the 80s when men used to wear fitted shorts that showed a lot of thigh. And it wasn't considered feminine or anything. I don't know what happened to change the standard to long shorts for men. Hip hop? Richard Simmons? I gotta laugh when women's underwear and swimsuit bottoms are labeled boy shorts, but the boys ain't wearing those kind of shorts anymore.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member

joggers all the way

I remember in the 80s when men used to wear fitted shorts that showed a lot of thigh. And it wasn't considered feminine or anything. I don't know what happened to change the standard to long shorts for men. Hip hop? Richard Simmons? I gotta laugh when women's underwear and swimsuit bottoms are labeled boy shorts, but the boys ain't wearing those kind of shorts anymore.

what changed it? probably dignity and definately Richard Simmons lol

not to turn this into what sex can wear what thread because it's about blokes but women walk around in leggings in the UK (idk about US) and they show off everything like you can basically findout what a birds *kitten* is like just by waiting to see her in them at some very likely point and it's cool, this is a social norm and has been for a long time now

however justifying a man walking around in them just isn't going to happen, in the gym... it can be seen as acceptable but imo is completely unnecessary at no point do i want my attention drawn to some blokes junk, like someone else said if i was getting spotted by another bloke and he had spandex on i'd probably say something and most definately wouldn't allow him to spot me

this thread is sort of putting me in mind of this:

ben_stiller_dodgeball.jpg
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Then again, apparently the superbowl is one of the most viewed events on the planet, so obviously loads of guys wearing tights and running around is quite popular!
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    I throw up in my mouth. That is all.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Just as long as you are color coordinated
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    It sucks when you get runs in them
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    It sucks when you get runs in them

As long as you're not wearing white.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    It does make me think of ballet. But if it got me a body like anyone of these guys I would wear tights day in day out:

b71hes.jpg

These look more like yoga pants to me. I think OP means those black running pants that bikers and joggers wear. the one's with a little shine and some spots of bright colors.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    If I was hung well, I'd wear them everywhere. As it is, I like baggy shorts. :embarassed:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Doesn't bother me. I wear tights, they wear tights....who cares.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    If you got it chances are you worked hard for it so FLAUNT IT *-)