your view on men who wear tights in the gym

Options
1235»

Replies

• piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    I see no problem with it unless I can tell if you are cut or not...Then that's just to much.... Same with some of the shorts women wear and their camel toes....Just to much
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Okay, can I be 100% honest here? Or will I get torn apart for it?

Because in the gym who cares but when a guy walks into my workplace and he's wearing a full body tight spandex outfit I giggle. I won't lie.

We have one fellow who comes in a spandex jumper suit and he's built like a tank and that outfit leaves NOTHING to the imagination. I enjoy the show but also feel it's a wee bit inappropriate for a public setting.

There's another fellow who is a runner who will come in with his little spandex tights. Hee. Makes me snicker but whatever. I get it. You gotta be comfortable when you're working out.

So ... yeah... I laugh a little when I see it outside of the gym because it's just not something you expect to see out and about but I don't make judgments about these men. I just think it looks a little silly.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Just depends on how good they look in them.

^^ THIS!!!
  • Davidkix80
    Options
    I don't agree.
  • Davidkix80
    Options
    I wore under armour. I don't like to wear shorts over them. That is pathetic
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with it in a gym setting.

As you go about in public - the only caveat I would put on it is this "It can't be too tight that it would require an anatomy lesson or spur questions from young children".

Yeah, that's about it.
  • Davidkix80
    Options
    I am a tae bo instructor and I have seen old school videos of billy blanks wearing tights in his tae bo classes. I try to emulate him. I love wearing tights cause they are very functional for training. I train martial arts and I have strong legs. The UA tights don't show bulk. Also I ride bicycle daily the under armour coldgear tights work well warm your legs. I like tights more than shorts or sweatpants. It will sound stupid but I feel like a super hero when I wear them. ;-) . I am a straight guy. I dont understand why so much problem about it. Excuse my english. Women are not the only ones that can dress tights.