Black Team week ? -- Pollyanna Challenge

Options
Marla64
Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
Okay team-- j'ever see the movie Pollyanna? Sweet little orphaned girl, living with cold, Aunt Polly-- always found SOMETHING to be glad about.

I was heading downstairs to get laundry, ready to grumble because my new washers are set up in the garage instead of the laundry room, and I had to trudge it from the garage to the laundry room blah, blah, blah-- wretch that I am.

Suddenly it hits me-- how much worse would it be to go to the Laundromat? Sheesh!!!!!!!

We complain so easily about so many things my friend--

Our challenge this week, if you'll forgive me Batman for butting in, is for each of us every day to post something for which we're glad and/or thankful-- blessings abound, my friends-- we shall find them and acknowledge them this week. Accentuate the positive!

I'm glad I have a washing machine in my home and I don't have to go to the Laundromat!!

Replies

• Marla64
    Options
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Okay team-- j'ever see the movie Pollyanna? Sweet little orphaned girl, living with cold, Aunt Polly-- always found SOMETHING to be glad about.

I was heading downstairs to get laundry, ready to grumble because my new washers are set up in the garage instead of the laundry room, and I had to trudge it from the garage to the laundry room blah, blah, blah-- wretch that I am.

Suddenly it hits me-- how much worse would it be to go to the Laundromat? Sheesh!!!!!!!

We complain so easily about so many things my friend--

Our challenge this week, if you'll forgive me Batman for butting in, is for each of us every day to post something for which we're glad and/or thankful-- blessings abound, my friends-- we shall find them and acknowledge them this week. Accentuate the positive!

I'm glad I have a washing machine in my home and I don't have to go to the Laundromat!!

I Love love love this challange..I agree we are always downing ourselves... Thanks Marla..I think Andrew maybe greatful on this one.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good one, marla! ok, the first one has to be that i'm grateful for my two healthy, beautiful, energetic boys. they make me crazy and i complain about them alot, but i don't know what i would ever do without them. :heart:
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    good one, marla! ok, the first one has to be that i'm grateful for my two healthy, beautiful, energetic boys. they make me crazy and i complain about them alot, but i don't know what i would ever do without them. :heart:

Beth I am there with you, on the children part!!! Good thing to be thanksful for!!!

On the other hand I am thankful I just made my husband a beatiful lemon mergiuge pie...and even more greatful l dont like meringue...But its so pretty!!! He will be totally shocked when he gets home...Life is good!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for a fridge full of food even though I had to nearly take a second mortgage out on the house to get it. :bigsmile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I am thankful that there still are some really great people out there to help out when others really need it!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for a really great husband who is doing really well putting up with my pregnancy hormonal-ness and understands how hard it is to be a SAHM and took the last 2 days off work to give me a much needed break.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    I will have to agree with Beth, I am thankful for my boys - because no matter how much I complain about them I wouldn't be without them.

Thanks for this challenge Marla, :smile:
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    I am thankful for a really great husband who is doing really well putting up with my pregnancy hormonal-ness and understands how hard it is to be a SAHM and took the last 2 days off work to give me a much needed break.

Lori- That truly is something to be greatful for..most men,...mine included think SAHM do nothing..or should I say in my case...did nothing..until he stayed home one weekend with them!!!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    * I am thankful for my healthy kids.
    * I am thankful for my husband.
    * I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads, vehicles to drive and food to eat.
    * I am thankful for my job.
    * I am thankful for my friends.
    * I am thankful for chocolate.
  • Marla64
    Options
    * I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads, vehicles to drive and food to eat.

Geez, not all at once, Kati-- now what are you gonna be thankful for the rest of the week? :wink:
  • ksproston
    Options
  • ksproston
    Options

Geez, not all at once, Kati-- now what are you gonna be thankful for the rest of the week? :wink:

:blushing: Sorry. I couldn't help it. I could go on and on and on. Plus, it's TOM for me and I know that those feelings could change in an instant.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for a fridge full of food even though I had to nearly take a second mortgage out on the house to get it. :bigsmile:

:drinker: I'll drink to that one. $260 for 'just a few things'. However, I'm grateful we are able to buy what we need. :happy:
  • ksproston
    Options

:drinker: I'll drink to that one. $260 for 'just a few things'. However, I'm grateful we are able to buy what we need. :happy:

I hear you. We stopped at Hy-Vee (a chain store in the midwest) for milk. Seriously, just two gallons of milk. 90 freakin' dollars later, we left. Sigh.....
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options

ok my laugh for the day was reading the posts too fast...clicking on the link and waiting to see a skit from Bill COSBY!!!!! and thinkin wait where's Bill?

so of course I have to attach a clip.....laughter keeps you positive and I am happy to keep smiling! Even in this crazy market today! AAAHHH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNUlsD9GYc&feature=related
  • Marla64
    Options

ok my laugh for the day was reading the posts too fast...clicking on the link and waiting to see a skit from Bill COSBY!!!!! and thinkin wait where's Bill?

so of course I have to attach a clip.....laughter keeps you positive and I am happy to keep smiling! Even in this crazy market today! AAAHHH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNUlsD9GYc&feature=related

LOL-- Donna, we have this on videotape-- we LOVE this routine.

"Dad, I'm Jesus Christ!"

Classic!!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Okay-- super duper guys-- so far, you're all passing!

This was an experiment-- for me, more than anybody else-- on mind over matter. There is SOOOOO much positive. And yes, SOOOOOOOO much negative around us. And yet, what so many people tend to do farr too often, me being the worst offender, is the struggles and trials and aggravations and irritations--

So, if nothing else during this week of Pollyanna, when you're tempted to get grumpy about whatever circumstance-- stop and find something positive in it. Find something to be glad about.

I've already caught myself today more times than you can imagine--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpXyGbz_8fc&feature=related

Here's a little clip from Pollyanna-- Hayley Mills was adorable.

Love to all !!!!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    A+ for Marla ! :flowerforyou:

Let's see, first I am grateful for being blessed with such a wonderful, loving, caring , understanding husband. Thank you Jim :heart:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Loving this idea...Don't want to put out so many that I run out of things to say the rest of the week, but I have a lot.

*Thankful for my amazing BF, family and friends who have been amazing and super supportive this week when I needed it :love:
    *Happy that we may actually be able to take a week's vacation this year.
    *Grateful that although we spend too much $$ at the grocery store, we are able to afford to buy healthy, fresh food that we need and want
    *Grateful for the opportunity to start selling jewelry that I like as a part time business
    *Grateful that even though I sometimes don't feel like running or working out, I am physically able to do so.

This is a great one, Marla!