Black Team week ? -- Pollyanna Challenge

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    179.5 this morning-- which actually is a blessng. I've stopped the upward spiral......... 8 pounds up in 4 days since going off the medicines. can you say SPONGEMARLA???????

I'm sticking with it to try and get the ol' bod to regulate this on its own....... blood pressure is good, so come on body! Release the water!

Typing with one hand......... Sick Caleb on my lap.

later.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Well.......my friends...... here is my Pollyanna moment for the day.

I gave my son the random drug test this morning, which he promptly failed. Big surprise-- not.

Hubs and I had already discussed what option we were going to put on the table in such a situation, which we expected. The lad is to be totally shut down-- car keys are mine, all money is mine, no freedom, no friends, nothing but work and home, any tips he gets come directly to me for deposit into the bank.....take it leave it.

He took it.

And for that, I'm glad.

There's a lot I'm not understanding today-- but, I'll be happy for the little things I guess-- I have friends who love me, a child who is broken and in need of mending, and who for the moment is not fighting me--

Could be worse....
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Well.......my friends...... here is my Pollyanna moment for the day.

I gave my son the random drug test this morning, which he promptly failed. Big surprise-- not.

Hubs and I had already discussed what option we were going to put on the table in such a situation, which we expected. The lad is to be totally shut down-- car keys are mine, all money is mine, no freedom, no friends, nothing but work and home, any tips he gets come directly to me for deposit into the bank.....take it leave it.

He took it.

And for that, I'm glad.

There's a lot I'm not understanding today-- but, I'll be happy for the little things I guess-- I have friends who love me, a child who is broken and in need of mending, and who for the moment is not fighting me--

Could be worse....

I'm sorry to hear that it came to this, but I am glad he's not fighting you -and that you have good things going on to comfort you a bit. :heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Marla- hang in there with the son, you are doing what you need to do as a parent, it's just not always easy

Donna- happy birthday to your son, by all means don't show him the cake, I've got freinds jokingly telling me their birthdates so they can get a cake. What have I started?

Tamara- glad your friend is coming back for more

Tanya- poor hubby, glad he's alright

I need to thank my body again. Dear body, I'm sorry for the way I treat you. 7 pounds in a week is cruel and unusual punishment. Thank you for getting rid of 2.5 of them yesterday. On my way back to my ok zone. Losing was easy peasy. Maintaining (gaining/losing/gaining/losing in my case) is hard as heck!

Reason #2 why I have to do this for me: Feeling good about myself is the one of the most spectacluar feelings ever.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Evening all,

I am thankful that I more or less kept up to date with my accounts through the last year..... 3 hours down tonight and I have my accounts ready to take to the accountant to be verified. I have just got my nearly teeanger (13 next saturday) to make me a Vodka, Lime and Soda - a little strong on the lime but very much needed after doing the accounts.

Marla - I am sorry that you are going through that with your son, and am thankful that he isnt fighting you

I am going to say good night all - its 10pm here and I need a shower and some sleep before the little men begin to wake from around 5am onwards
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey-- glad I have half of the bedroom done.....window, trim, walls two coats-- after dinner, all the furniture will be returned to their homes on that side of the room, and we'll begin on the other half.

This is fun....what have I started? :devil:
  • Marla64
    Options
    And thanks, as always, for the support-- my son showed us at age 14 how little self control he has-- long story for another day-- and his life has been a mess since. He spent the better part of his high school years grounded, because he just would not control himself, regardless of the situation, and/or temptation.

Routine is the same-- he gets caught, gives the humble bumble puppy dog remorseful eyes, endures the consequence, then goes on to repeat the mistake or worse.

If he could afford to live on his own, that would have been the option today-- out you go, my son, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Alas, to do that to him today would push him back into the home of the friend who is his main drug friend-- not good.

Lori-- nope, not easy, by any stretch-- but, yes, necessary--

Thanks again, my friends-- having you all to come to keeps me sane.

Hope everyone's having a good day.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Ok, the cruelest thing just happened to me. The kids opened a bag of cookies. You know the ones. Those really cheap, no name, vanilla flavored with white icing, buttery, fatty, delicous when you dip them in milk and they get soft. I stayed away. I told them to bag them into individual baggies (for lunches). I wasn't paying attention.

Hubs came my way with one. I said 'NO'. I covered my eyes as he shoved it in my face so I didn't have to see it, as I said 'NO' again he shoved it toward my mouth. It hit my lip and my tooth. I told him 'NO' for the third time. He put it on my arm. I told him if he didn't take it that very instant I was feeding it to the dog. He decided to shove it in his pie hole, too bad, the dog heard the 'feed it to the dog' part and got pretty excited.

What is up with that? Since he ate some I should eat some to make him feel better? I think NOT. 75 calories a cookie, 3 grams of fat each. Sure one isn't that bad, but one wouldn't have been enough. I would have had a hard time stopping at one. Plus I would have needed a glass of milk to make them soft and gooey and good.

Anyway, I am proud of me and thankful my willpower prevailed. Dang husbands anyway. Ok, here- I am thankful he thought of me.
  • Marla64
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lori, I love you-- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Lori you are to funny..

marla Glad your son is behaving at the moment

Tanya- Go to bed yes 5 am comes early..ask me so does 330 am

Ok I burned 800 calories this morning and 325 this afternoon with the trainer and I was alittle upset with myself..because I wanted to burn 500 with the trainer...and I only burned 325...So I told my trainer I left like I gave up and didnt work out my best..she said Tamara your wore out..I said I wanted to burn 500 and she said we didnt do cardio we did weights...So dont be so upset with yourself...So I guess I wont be....

Will wake up tomorrow and do it all over again tomorrow except for the trainer!!!

well off to lay down...my muscles are so sore they are shaking!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Lori- Your too much. Poor dog got excited for nothing.

Marla- Sorry to hear about the boy. Your doing what is best. keep going!

Tamara-Keep up the good work.

Going to the DR. with DW tommorow. I still havnt heard the heartbeat so I am super excited to go!. Starting a new strain of tri-training tommorow. Wish me luck!

Have a great night guys!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for my hubs getting off on time tonight so that he could get T from her after school program.
    I am thankful for the leftover mac n cheese the kids could have for dinner tonight.
    I am thankful for the Tylenol we're able to afford so I could take it to get rid of this d@*# headache
    I am thankful for the ladies I work with. A co-worker has suffered a stroke and we've also had another co-worker leave us a couple of weeks ago. We're all able to pull together and work as a great team.
    I am thankful for my kids who are playing really, really well together so mama can have some Biggest Loser, MFP and quiet time.
    I am thankful for the rain. It is saving us from having to water our new tree and my new flowers.
    I am thankful for the black team. I love you all.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    lori, I feel the same way about those cookies. can't just eat one. I am thankful for the rain...............quiet and nice.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Had a great strength training session with Aaron-- feeling very tired, which is good-- was gonna run-- but it's one heluva day-- sick kids, running to and fro to school and back, blah, blah, blah-- you know, the usual. And I'm the only driver today--

Plus, it's raining to boot, and I need to get painting. I already did some typing, so I can get to painting--

Loving how it's turning out, though-- girls are tickled, uh, well, PINK-- ha.

Later, beloved.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Happy painting Marla! I'm sure the girls are thrilled to have a pink room. As much as I dislike painting, I love the way it looks when it's done.

All in all, a good day on my end. It feels good to pull it together again.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Happy painting Marla! I'm sure the girls are thrilled to have a pink room. As much as I dislike painting, I love the way it looks when it's done.

All in all, a good day on my end. It feels good to pull it together again.

Lori-- I'm so happy for you.

However, I'm out of paint-- fudgesicles.

I didn't dilute it enough yesterday-- made it harder to cut in around the ceiling, and it didn't go as far as I wanted-- now I have to hope gallon #2 that I purchase tomorrow will match--

But, it is what it is-- like my girls care if the tints are slightly off....ya know?

It does look nice. It's not Lori PA quality-- :wink: -- but it's not so bad. Tonight's cutting in was much neater.

This time tomorrow, I hope to be done.

Later, buds.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning my long lost friends!:wink:

I just spent the last 45 mins reading posts and trying to catch up on what's been going on...wow, I sure do miss you guys! But I am thankful that your always here when I find time to sit and catch up:heart:

It sounds as if everyone had a lovely Mothers Day, thats awesome. We are a great bunch of women (and a couple men:wink: ), strong and healthy and great Moms:flowerforyou:

Going to weigh in soon before I start my day...did I read last week that we arent turning weights in to Andrew anymore? Boy, I sure have missed alot:ohwell:

Have a beautiful day everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey Roni!!!!!!

'morning everyone-- water weight isn't budging. I look like I've gone 12 rounds with Rocky Balboa. The bags under my eyes have bags. Soooo attractive.

However, blood pressure still is okay-- so, I'm N-O-T going back on the medicines. Pain and swelling are better......so I'm sticking it out. It's gotta budge eventually, right? I said, RIGHT?????????

That's better.

Have a great day, peeps-- off to type, then to Wal-Mart to buy some more paint. Hope to get the room done by bedtime. It looks great.

Later!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Marla- wish I had a suggestion on the water weight for you. Hopefully it will start to go away. Soon. Happy painting.

I did a run this morning, hit the gym for some weigths and then took a circuit training class. It felt good to burn those calories. It feels good to move, which brings me to my reason of the day that I am doing this for me- #3 because exercise makes my body feel good.

Edit to add: I am thankful that my husband supports me, that I am able to stay home and take care of the family and mostly that I am able to spend as much time every day focusing on me as I do. I treasure my gym time, I treasure my quiet time at home when every body is at school. Those two things are a big part of me being able to take time for myself. So, while I grumble about him sometimes, I truly appreciate him for all that he does for me.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone..not having such a good pollyanna day!! Dont know why...I have eaten right I have exercised I have worked..no snacking...just not feeling it...

Well maybe a bath will relax me...HOPEFULLY