Black Team week ? -- Pollyanna Challenge

Options

Replies

• mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

I am still feeling very tired and my stomach is very tender, but no more upsets since 6pm yesterday, so fingers crossed that it has passed. Weighed myself this morning 163.4, I am not going to update my stats to show this as its because I've been ill but it shows me that my body can get there :laugh:

Marla - we call MacDonalds - MaccyD's so close enough. I know what you mean about the sizing of jeans, my wardrobe ranges from a 12-16 and all have the same measurements!! Congrates for Sarah, and good luck with the new doctor on monday

Boobi - way to go on the exercising when you had a headache. I still feel really rough, but the main thing that got to me yesterday was that I hadn't done any exercising - I couldn't even move off of the sofa without hurting but felt guilty because I hadn't done any walking or been on my bike :ohwell:

Lori - Why are you weighing yourself everyday again - you know that this mess's with your head? Otherwise you know that weight goes up and down alot, so please don't get discouraged

Jeannie - what has the tv done to you?? :wink: Mine is life saver yesterday, although Ben 10 is beginning to get to me :noway:

Tamara - have fun at your mums

I hope that everone has a good weekend, I have a day of washing ahead of me - 1 day of not doing any and I have 4 loads to do go figure :huh:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Off to run I will post later!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Been working out. Eating right. Doing cardio.

Walked around last night feeling thin and healthy.

Shoulda stayed off that evil scale.

Now I am having a long convo with myself about "Does it matter whas SHE says if YOU feel good? Pants fit well? Shirt was tucked in?"

The answer is well........sorta.......:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Morning all,

I am still feeling very tired and my stomach is very tender, but no more upsets since 6pm yesterday, so fingers crossed that it has passed. Weighed myself this morning 163.4, I am not going to update my stats to show this as its because I've been ill but it shows me that my body can get there :laugh:

Marla - we call MacDonalds - MaccyD's so close enough. I know what you mean about the sizing of jeans, my wardrobe ranges from a 12-16 and all have the same measurements!! Congrates for Sarah, and good luck with the new doctor on monday

Boobi - way to go on the exercising when you had a headache. I still feel really rough, but the main thing that got to me yesterday was that I hadn't done any exercising - I couldn't even move off of the sofa without hurting but felt guilty because I hadn't done any walking or been on my bike :ohwell:

Lori - Why are you weighing yourself everyday again - you know that this mess's with your head? Otherwise you know that weight goes up and down alot, so please don't get discouraged

Jeannie - what has the tv done to you?? :wink: Mine is life saver yesterday, although Ben 10 is beginning to get to me :noway:

Tamara - have fun at your mums

I hope that everone has a good weekend, I have a day of washing ahead of me - 1 day of not doing any and I have 4 loads to do go figure :huh:

I love your posts. I hope you are feeling much much better today. I hate being down for the count. The TV itself is ok-my deaf Hubs....an entire other story!! He puts it on 29 and then watches car crashes and blow ups and gun fights...........I want to scream!! When I watch it is on 14 about a normal volume and I can hear it in the other rooms. He has a head set he wears for me on most occasions, but I guess he was feeling cheeky last night.

Did you know I read your posts with an English accent? :laugh: I love dialect and accents........copy them all the time!

Again, hope you feel better today :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thankful to have gotten in 30 minutes on the exercise bike for 7 miles and 275 calories. Under on my calories and I'm not hungry, go me !

Especially wonderful since you had a headache, and a good excuse to not exercise-- way to go, Bobbi!

I'm going to keep a positive spin here, in the spirit of Pollyanna.......I'm glad I had a miserably hard 2.5 mile run. Haven't run at 180 since my first 5k, April 19, 2009. Many of you will remember that I had a gallbladder attack that night, and spent a week in the hospital having it removed. I weighed 182 then and lost 10 pounds in the hospital-- and never looked back. I've gotten as low as 164 following my Solheim Cup trip in late August-- then the psoriatic arthritis hit and my body has been hell.

Up 16 pounds from my lowest-- although, I hovered rather in the 167-170 range for most of September/October-- I did well through the holidays-- I just looked at my weight charts.

Somewhere along the line, this ol' body went flooey--

I won't bore you any longer with rehashing it all-- I was running along, totally chugging, feeling miserable especially in the humidity tonight-- but so thankful that I can look myself in the eye, and stand before you all and know that I've done all I can do, and will continue to do it, to fight this.

If I'd backslidden and jumped back into my old ways, I would be too ashamed to come here and face you-- I wouldn't have signed up for the half marathon, the 5ks-- I wouldn't be here daily to encourage and be encouraged. That is what's keeping me going-- knowing that there is just something on the fritz right now. And while I'm very discouraged, I still can take from it positive-- eventually, this has to work itself out....hopefully this new doctor will be the answer.

anyway-- I know I'm blathering....I'm emotional tonight. I feel like crap. I talked to my dad for the first time in years today and cried.... Sarah played well, but we had to hear the standard 'she didn't do well enough" bull****-- I'm just weary.

So, my friends-- I'll take my sorry butt to my typing, and hope to hit the hay in decent time tonight--

love to all.......

Funny how our "silly website" ,as it has been refered to by friends and family of mine, keeps us on the straight and narrow.

I have said this before, but I have had each of you in my head when facing different circumstances.
    forever thankful to you Marla......
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Welcome to Marla's Rationalization of the Day!

But, bear with me-- this makes sense.

So, I headed out for our bi-weekly massive grocery shopping-- payday every two weeks, dontchaknow.... And of course it always takes us out during the lunch hour. So, as per the norm, I stopped at Mickey D's (McDonald's to you, my British chum) for the blessed dollar menu.

Because I'm SOOOOOOOO freaking bloated and wanted to avoid the sodium which is crammed into stinkin' everything there........ I ordered as my lunch a vanilla ice cream cone. 150 calories. 60 mg of sodium.

Anybody buyin' it?

Seriously-- I was hungry, and even the dressing for the side salads has too much sodium....so there you have it.

And how bizarre is this...... I'm leaving Sam's Club, driving down the parking lot to the Wal-Mart and passed the Fashion Bug (clothing store) who was having a sidewalk sale. Jeans on racks outside for only $5.

Intrigued, I pull over, park the van and meander over. I'm lookin' at these jeans, find a size 8, hold it up and I swear they were, like, two and a half freaking feet wide! I checked again, and the tag clearly read 8.

I turn to Rebekah...."Size 8? Size 8 what? Hundred?" Then turned to the Spanish lady next to me, "Ma'am, does this look like a size 8 to you?" She laughed and shook her head. Could be she just didn't understand the American crazy lady...I don't know.

Found another size 8 that were just as big....says "Rodeo Cut" on the label. Rodeo Cut? Are these cut for the cattle? It was unreal.

Needless to say.... patient shopper extraordinaire that I've told you all I am.... I packed it in and hoofed it back to the car post haste....

Heading out for a run-- terribly cranky today. My poor kids have born the brunt-- never really sure in these types of days whether I react to their sour dispositions or cause them with my own. Either way they're ying to my yang of ill temper today (and yesterday, to be truthful.)

haven't run all week-- I'm sure that's part of it.

Later, my peeps-- have a great weekend.

funny...........not too long ago I was walking through an outdoor mall. They were having sidewalk sales and had sales ppl outside talking to the passing crowds (both of us :laugh: )

I pass Lane Bryant and the girl is inviting me in.......I just smiled and continued on because, well I ain't no 16 which is their lowest, but didnt want to SAY that out loud.
    :glasses:
    I pass a little boutique with itty bitty clothes.....a Brazilian store..........and I don't know who they sell to, but they must all be size 1 and lower..............cute stuff, but weird cuts and such. :noway:

I then pass another clothes store and the aggressive sales clerk all but tackles me (she must not have noticed my huge biceps from all my weight lifting :wink: ) MAME...............MAMMMMMME.......have you seen our sale?? 50 percent off!!!:huh:

I told her if she could bring me a pair of jeans that FIT.........with out me telling her my size............I would purchase them!!! :tongue:
    (I love to play these games when I am bored!!)

She brings me the jeans, I do not look at the tag...........just go try them on and VIOLA fit like a charm!!! She was happy and so was I, also bought some jewelry at full price. I told her to pull the tags off. I still have not looked at the little tag inside, because I dont care what size they are, they LOOK good!! :smokin:

Ok...........Jeannie story of the day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Tanya-- glad you're feeling a bit better. I think we've done two loads of laundry all week since I've been preoccupied with the painting....we have Mount Everest waiting for us today. Ugh.

and for the record-- I read your posts with a British accent, too--

Jeannie-- you kill me-- for me, it's "that stupid website," or I hear "because some idiot on a stupid website does it, YOU have to do it, too?" regarding 1/2 marathons among other things.

Not sure what the threat is there-- this site has only served to make me a better person, inside and out....what gives?

Oh well-- loved your story of the day-- and I love accents and dialects, too-- copy 'em all the time, and now I've passed that particular trait on to Sarah-- whaddyagonnado?

Lori-- thanks for the support, my friend-- 174.5 this morning. Go figure. However, I won't be satisfied until I'm back comfortably at 167 which is where I hovered FOREVER-- I don't mind plateauing there-- and then fight to lose my last 7.

Tamara-- have a great day, woman-- enjoy your busy weekend.

Shuntae, Donna, Jan, Andrew, Beth, Sam, Bobbi, Janie et. al., love to my friends.

need to go type...zzzzzzz-- I'm typing a fascinating interview on somebody's cufflink collection-- I kid you not. :noway: :yawn:

Later.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Ok you guys need to step away from the scale!!!! It IS just a number! Why do we get so tangled up and happy or sad over a number!!!! This was the first week that I did not step on the scale once I waited the 7 days!. I don't want to psych myself out way or another. If I step on it and it's lower than I thought, the process can go one of two ways:

"hey maybe I can sneak that extra dessert, the scale didn't show it" or

"Wow, keep it up, you can lose more at this pace!"

The first thought it what I usually go with:devil:

Just got back from a great 6 mile run. It is a gorgeous morning here in PA. Going to spend it outside gardening. My favorite time of the year for me. End of school year for DH where his kids have taken the AP Statistics exam so the rest of the year he coasts and has fun with them. This was the week of games: Yatzee, Deal or no Deal, coke and Pepsi challenge. All dealing with probability and statistics; his students have a blast and actually learn something.

Enjoy your weekend my favorite team of all!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    I skimmed your posts... want to read more... want to respond.......need to get packed and on the road...... argh! Later my friends!
  • Marla64
    Options
    :noway:

So, now I'm 173.5-- water is finally leaving! Holy crap.

Unfortunately, the pain in the hands and feet has returned in spades....so this medicine is going bye-bye come Monday-- youch.

Busy day on tap-- touch up in the girls' room-- they painted the edges of a door mirror that needs to get hung-- and I think I need to do another coat on the doors-- I'm persnickety.

Flowers to plant, and then we're going to visit my mother-in-law for a couple hours.

Hope everyone has a great day--
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My positive: We had a yard sale today and made almost $200. Yay!

I used to weigh in every day or 2. Being pregnant I don't want to weigh myself very often so I do it on Sundays when I'm such-and-such a weeks pregnant. (Sunday I'll be 33 weeks.) I also weigh on Wednesdays so when I have Cooper, I will have the biggest weight-loss of my life to post on here. :laugh:

Dave and I are going to see a movie with our neighbors tonight. They have a little girl almost a year older than Harley. It's so cute to watch them play together. We see them a lot (being our neighbors and all) but we have not yet spent time with them kid-free. This should be fun!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Hey everyone checking in...10 miles done in one hour 33 minutes..best time yet..Will so be ready for my half marathon oct 16. have not over done it on the eating not throwing everything I see in my mouth like usually...Went out to lunch.dinner with family and son and daughter and me shared 2 plates just to have a variety..Burned a total of 1758 calories today..so I am good..not gonna sweat it..ya'll know that sat is my family day..Had a ballgame (we lost..again) its ok my son was the catcher and he did an awesome job...we scored 2 runs..one becasue my son knows how to steal bases and made it in and the other run is becasue my son hit a ball for an RBI and at the end of the game when the coach was havinghis meeting with the boy he was like _____good job pitching..._______good job in the outfield....never once did he say justin awesome bases stealing and awesome catching..it was HOT and HUMID outside and he is catching with all this equipment on and he was like ok neeting over...so after the game I walked up to him and said well at least justin caught a good game...He never responded to me..Oh well...Justin should have got credit where credit is due..Yes he did mess up a play and let them score 2 runs but who cares they are 12..Not minor league or major league..

Well ok off to clean my fish tank gonna go get the kids some hermit crabs/....I love watching those things change thier shells!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hey everyone checking in...10 miles done in one hour 33 minutes..best time yet..Will so be ready for my half marathon oct 16. have not over done it on the eating not throwing everything I see in my mouth like usually...Went out to lunch.dinner with family and son and daughter and me shared 2 plates just to have a variety..Burned a total of 1758 calories today..so I am good..not gonna sweat it..ya'll know that sat is my family day..Had a ballgame (we lost..again) its ok my son was the catcher and he did an awesome job...we scored 2 runs..one becasue my son knows how to steal bases and made it in and the other run is becasue my son hit a ball for an RBI and at the end of the game when the coach was havinghis meeting with the boy he was like _____good job pitching..._______good job in the outfield....never once did he say justin awesome bases stealing and awesome catching..it was HOT and HUMID outside and he is catching with all this equipment on and he was like ok neeting over...so after the game I walked up to him and said well at least justin caught a good game...He never responded to me..Oh well...Justin should have got credit where credit is due..Yes he did mess up a play and let them score 2 runs but who cares they are 12..Not minor league or major league..

Well ok off to clean my fish tank gonna go get the kids some hermit crabs/....I love watching those things change thier shells!!

Awwwwww.....I hated that in sports:angry: . I used to stand up after the coach was done and call out each name and tell them 1 thing they did great. I think they were younger than 12 though....by that age they hate mom to open her mouth.

Coaches are just humans wearing a team shirt.........doessn't make them good people, or right thinkers.

I am proud of your son and know how hard catching is.......it is the HARDEST postion on the field. PERIOD. I would like to see that coach squat for 7 innings ( or 5 minutes for that fact!)

Give your son a pat on the back from Aunt Jeannie!! :smooched:
  • Marla64
    Options
    :noway:

So, now I'm 173.5-- water is finally leaving! Holy crap.

Unfortunately, the pain in the hands and feet has returned in spades....so this medicine is going bye-bye come Monday-- youch.

Busy day on tap-- touch up in the girls' room-- they painted the edges of a door mirror that needs to get hung-- and I think I need to do another coat on the doors-- I'm persnickety.

Flowers to plant, and then we're going to visit my mother-in-law for a couple hours.

Hope everyone has a great day--

8:12 p.m. and I'm 172.

Unreal.

Heading out to run.

Later.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    36 minute run 2.88 miles and then an hour walk. Man I got a cramp in my butt cheek. Its been there for hours and I can't get rid of it. Stretching done, warm soak, pain reliever, its still freaking there. Positive point in all this is while we were running about 3/4 of the way done I was side by side with the hubs. He kept looking at me and wondering if he slowed down, but nope still on his pace. HA ! I loved it, but I think this is where the cramping came in. :ohwell:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Bobbi-- that's awesome. I can't run with hubs....and if I were to keep his pace, he'd run faster-- verrrrrrrry competitive guy.

I just enjoyed a 3.8 mile run-- it's beautiful out tonight.

Glad the water is leaving.

Heading to relax tonight-- yes, you read me right-- going to relax with my kids and watch a movie.

Later.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    I just did the unthinkable, Texas Roadhouse, full meal, peanuts, rolls, salad, steak, potato..... at 10:00 at night. We didn't leave until almost 11:00. On the bright side, the 22 ounce Yingling Lager that I drank makes it not seem so bad right this very second. Ah crap my friends, I will be kickin me *kitten* in the AM!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Ah crap my friends, I will be kickin me *kitten* in the AM!

LOL-- yes, you will, my friend--

But, we'll be here for you........ To kick your *kitten*, too-- :wink:

Hope you're having a great weekend, Lori.
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Just ate my french toast and it was better then ever..I love my menu..I know its the same everyday but I crave everything thats on it...

Off to work..Making a menu and a list of things to do this week so hubby can have a shopping list ready when I get home from work...Gotta go get my groceries..

Hoping everyone has an awesome day..why??? Because we are not where we started...We are amazing!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Tamara-- you are the chirpiest, perkiest early bird I ever knew-- what a lovely life attitude you have-- yes, we are amazing-- and bless you for reminding us all.

I'm heading back to bed......I just got up to untangle my ding-dong dog who then wouldn't come in because he found his rawhide as I was untangling him, and then decided to stay out after all-- dope.

Had to pop in to say just this one, little thing........ 170.5

Is my body total whack or what?

Oh well-- beats 180, and so what if I have a 10 pound shift in 2 days....... that's perfectly normal, right? Sheesh.

Heading back for a bit more slumber....house is still quiet. Sunday is my only day to sleep in with the typing, so I'm enjoying it.....

Later, my peepers.