Black Team week ? -- Pollyanna Challenge

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    P.S. Watched "The Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock last night with 7 of my 9 babies around me...... Josh fell asleep to my right, Caleb to my left.

What a wonderful movie.

What a wonderful evening with my children.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Morning Black team,

Marla- Always so nice to have your sleeping babies on either side of you. Sounds simply wonderful.

Lori-Yingling makes alot of things better. lol

Picked up my bike yesterday evening. Chomping at the bit to get out on the road today. I've missed it. Might try to pul together the time for a nice long ride.

Have a great day my friends!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    I just did the unthinkable, Texas Roadhouse, full meal, peanuts, rolls, salad, steak, potato..... at 10:00 at night. We didn't leave until almost 11:00. On the bright side, the 22 ounce Yingling Lager that I drank makes it not seem so bad right this very second. Ah crap my friends, I will be kickin me *kitten* in the AM!

sounds like a good night!:laugh:

Marla - Glad you had a great time with your family movie night. Went to the movies with a girlfriend last night seeing the Backup Plan? with J Lo. It was ok. One of those chick flicks. Would have rather seen the Blind Side

Tamara - 1:33 wow! you rock!

Good Sunday morning to everyone else!

Going to mass this morning, then gym, then Zumba - excited
    :heart: :heart:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Sunday everyone............tryinhg to deal with a bad cold .........it is going to be a great day in upstate ny the sun is out and my back yard is just too pretty for words. Richie
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Ah crap my friends, I will be kickin me *kitten* in the AM!

LOL-- yes, you will, my friend--

But, we'll be here for you........ To kick your *kitten*, too-- :wink:

Hope you're having a great weekend, Lori.

Today I am thankful there is not a scale in the hotel room. I think a herd of cattle ran over my tongue while I slept. Blech!

Yes, I am kicking my butt, however I decided my healthy living lifestyle is similar to my children. Over and over we tell them what to do/how to do it/ why they should do it. Over and over, they don't listen/do what they want/try to find their own way.

Apparently I'm still in the adolesence stage of this journey! :wink: I know better, but I'm an idiot, I want to do better, but the cave to the circumstances, I know it's better for me, but sometimes I just don't care, I know I feel better when I do what I should, but I forget that sometimes.

I envy all my adult friends out there who have this totally figured out! :ohwell:

I'm thinking my idea of changing to Monday weigh ins to keep me on track over the weekends has some flaws........:grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just ate my french toast and it was better then ever..I love my menu..I know its the same everyday but I crave everything thats on it...

Off to work..Making a menu and a list of things to do this week so hubby can have a shopping list ready when I get home from work...Gotta go get my groceries..

Hoping everyone has an awesome day..why??? Because we are not where we started...We are amazing!!!

That is the BEST line ever Tamara!!!!
    Hoping everyone has an awesome day..why??? Because we are not where we started...We are amazing!!!
    I am going to copy and put it as my FB status today!!

You rock sweety!! 0002020B.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ah crap my friends, I will be kickin me *kitten* in the AM!

LOL-- yes, you will, my friend--

But, we'll be here for you........ To kick your *kitten*, too-- :wink:

Hope you're having a great weekend, Lori.

Today I am thankful there is not a scale in the hotel room. I think a herd of cattle ran over my tongue while I slept. Blech!

Yes, I am kicking my butt, however I decided my healthy living lifestyle is similar to my children. Over and over we tell them what to do/how to do it/ why they should do it. Over and over, they don't listen/do what they want/try to find their own way.

Apparently I'm still in the adolesence stage of this journey! :wink: I know better, but I'm an idiot, I want to do better, but the cave to the circumstances, I know it's better for me, but sometimes I just don't care, I know I feel better when I do what I should, but I forget that sometimes.

I envy all my adult friends out there who have this totally figured out! :ohwell:

I'm thinking my idea of changing to Monday weigh ins to keep me on track over the weekends has some flaws........:grumble:

screw it Lori, no regrets. done and over with. as they say in the service "Carry on"!

We need those times when we just go whole hog........they balance out 1000 calorie work outs and all the salads and freaking chicken breasteses we eat all week! (yes I spelt it wrong on purpose!)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    P.S. Watched "The Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock last night with 7 of my 9 babies around me...... Josh fell asleep to my right, Caleb to my left.

What a wonderful movie.

Patrick warned me. I didnt listen. Ended up :sad: :sad: then:drinker: :drinker: Loved that movie.

Oh and I am so glad you are feeling somewhat better Marla. Great run last night! I am so proud of you each time I read what you have accomplished for the day. :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I just did the unthinkable, Texas Roadhouse, full meal, peanuts, rolls, salad, steak, potato..... at 10:00 at night. We didn't leave until almost 11:00. On the bright side, the 22 ounce Yingling Lager that I drank makes it not seem so bad right this very second. Ah crap my friends, I will be kickin me *kitten* in the AM!

sounds like a good night!:laugh:

Marla - Glad you had a great time with your family movie night. Went to the movies with a girlfriend last night seeing the Backup Plan? with J Lo. It was ok. One of those chick flicks. Would have rather seen the Blind Side

Tamara - 1:33 wow! you rock!

Good Sunday morning to everyone else!

Going to mass this morning, then gym, then Zumba - excited
    :heart: :heart:

Good morning Donna! Wish they had Zumba on the weekends around here. They have it at 7 pm on Monday nites....I want to, but I just cannot get myself to go. :ohwell:

Have fun!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Morning Black team,

Marla- Always so nice to have your sleeping babies on either side of you. Sounds simply wonderful.

Lori-Yingling makes alot of things better. lol

Picked up my bike yesterday evening. Chomping at the bit to get out on the road today. I've missed it. Might try to pul together the time for a nice long ride.

Have a great day my friends!

Ride it out Andrew! Must be lovely up there this time of year.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I swear I feel like the Incredible Shrinking Woman-- following the worst bout of SpongeMarla in history--

Feels good to be back there-- 180 two days ago-- wow.
  • Marla64
    Options

What a wonderful movie.

Patrick warned me. I didnt listen. Ended up :sad: :sad: then:drinker: :drinker: Loved that movie.

Oh and I am so glad you are feeling somewhat better Marla. Great run last night! I am so proud of you each time I read what you have accomplished for the day. :love:

Well, I had been intrigued because my kids all told me that the Sandra Bullock character reminded them of me.... after seeing the movie, I am honored. I think they're nuts.... the love and compassion of this woman far outweighs anything I could ever even hope to be..... to take in this child without batting an eye..... could I do that? I don't know....

Anyway, they could just be talking about the outspoken, in-your-faceness of her.... that might be just a little bit, teeny-tiny, kinda, sorta like me....maybe.....a little...if you tilt your head to the side and squint....:wink:

Heading out to plant! IT'S BEAUTIFUL IN NJ TODAY!!!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    DH and I saw the Blind Side a couple weeks ago too. It is a good movie. And Marla - Would you even notice one more kid living in your house? :wink:

My postive today: My husband accepts my craziness and doesn't give me grief. I have 7 weeks until my due date yet he agreed to put Cooper's car seat in the car this week for me and next weekend we'll be painting Cooper's room (nothing crazy like Harley's big-girl room!).
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Jeannie- Thanks I try to think postive most of the time, but sometimes life just gets a hold of me..

Marla- who would have thought I was never an early bird...you didnt talk to me until I got out of the shower because I was always in a bad mood..Great job on your body releasing the water...

Lori- You are outta sorts, you are on the road,out of your comfort zone!!! You will get back to it..

Lori B- getting ready..I am so excited for you..

Andrew- Get that bike out and go

Beth- Hope you are doing fabulous..

Well had a very busy day at wor..stayed exteremely busy running around..Then a fight broke out in the gift shop over a parking space...my friends..a freaking parking space..there are plenty go find another one..I am off to go food shopping..Hopefully my husband will wake up soon...He is a tired...baby!!!

Everyone else..I hope that your Sunday has been filled with family friends and amazing times...
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone ! I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday, I am !
  • Marla64
    Options
    So-- home improvement is TONS of fun...who freaking knew?

I'm usually delegated to clean up crew, which ticks me off since the primary home improver leaves big time mess in his wake. Quality of work is always good, but oh my-- the mess he leaves behind. For a bevy of reasons, I always get an attitude cleaning up after him.

Not sure if half the fun this week is simply doing it on my own-- on the sly-- or whether it's just the spring in my step I get from seeing my home finally improved somewhat-- with simple, inexpensive projects that are COMPLETED before I move on to the next one.

Orrrr-- is the fun today of being OUTSIDE my humble abode-- I even got a little burn goin' on the shoulders-- planted flowers in some flower pots, tackled the disgusting flower bed by my mailbox, ripped out the ridiculous vine former owners had planted there, scraped the mailbox post and already have one coat of paint on it.

Trying to get the second done before dark-- it looks lovely.......then I'll plant flowers in front of the mailbox.

All I need to do is get the house numbers back up on the post before hubs gets home-- and he probably won't even notice I painted it-- :laugh:

My typing is way behind today-- house is a wreck again-- but, oh the joy!!

Later, peeps.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!

Having a wonderful weekend with amazing weather; too bad it's Sunday and it has to end. I hate Sundays for that -so depressing to think about another work week . :cry: Anyhow, had a fabulous 11 mile run yesterday morning and ran some errands --also enjoyed my splurge of some fabulous ice cream. Today, I did some things around the house while BF was playing basketball...just came in from Wine in the Woods with another couple we are friends with. Great company, great wines, great time. Even made a super healthy lunch choice, so I was pretty impressed with myself. Gotta admit, I really did kind of want the crab dip in the bread bowl.

Glad everyone is doing well...love to all.

P.S. I have still not seen The Blind Side; we'll get to it one day!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!

Having a wonderful weekend with amazing weather; too bad it's Sunday and it has to end. I hate Sundays for that -so depressing to think about another work week . :cry: Anyhow, had a fabulous 11 mile run yesterday morning and ran some errands --also enjoyed my splurge of some fabulous ice cream. Today, I did some things around the house while BF was playing basketball...just came in from Wine in the Woods with another couple we are friends with. Great company, great wines, great time. Even made a super healthy lunch choice, so I was pretty impressed with myself. Gotta admit, I really did kind of want the crab dip in the bread bowl.

Glad everyone is doing well...love to all.

P.S. I have still not seen The Blind Side; we'll get to it one day!

Shaunte we will be running a half marathon at the same time...Oct 16 2010...Do you remember last year when we were both so scared??? I am so loving life just about right now!! Just got done shopping 23 dollars saved with coupons..yay me!! Well off to lay down making the kids sausage and cheese crossaints for breakfast in the morning,and then making my lunch....then heading to bed!! 3 am came early and 340 am comes just as early!!

Good night my wonderful fantastic black team friends!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    I am learning things about myself through this journey, not always all good, but learning none-the-less. I am not one of those 'whoops, I messed up, I need to go workout now' kinds. I'm more of the mentality that if I mess up, I say WTF and keep on rolling in the wrong direction all day. I need to fix that. It's not so bad when it happens in the evening, but when it starts early in the day, I'm toast.

I am 100% miserable right now. Between yesterday and today, I won't even go into what I ate. It's almost too embarrassing anyway. I feel bloated. I fell like my stomach can't stretch any further. I have terrible stomach cramps. Right across the middle of my mid section is constant stabbing pain. I also have indigestion, I have pressure in my chest, behind my breast bone. I can feel it in my throat area, if I could throw up, honestly I'd feel better. Pretty much from my neck to my legs I feel horrid.

Who does that to themself? We stopped at iHop on the way home. (Just saying it makes me feel ill.) This on top of already still feeling bad from last night. I was full. It wasn't even that good. Then I suggested Dairy Queen (cause once you ruin it, keep going, right?) It totally threw me over the edge. I have been moaning and in miserable, relentless pain ever since. It feels like somebody pumped up my mid section and it's ready to pop.

So here I am feeling like total ****, DH gets out cheese and crackers and I think "I want one". Am I flipping nuts? What in God's name is wrong with me?

When I'm good, I'm good. When I'm bad, it's so bad I can't stop. No wonder I weighed 200 pounds at one point. I need to learn how to handle my all or nothing approach and to deal with one mistake and keep moving instead of allowing it to be a free ticket to keep on making mistakes because I already blew the day.

I should be drinking water by the gallons right now, but my tummy hurts way too much! The scale and I are not going to be friends tomorrow, but hey, I earned it fair and square. The sad part is that I worked my *kitten* off all week burning thousands of calories only to completely blow it this weekend.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Lori-- :smooched: I don't know what to tell you-- I was thinking of your earlier post about the adolescent stage of this journey. In some areas, we'll always make stupid choices when we know better. We're human. We're stupid.

Yes, you'd benefit enormously by getting this under control. You'd feel better emotionally, physically-- the strength of controlling it is empowering. You know this. You've controlled it before. You'll control it again.

Doesn't mean you'll ever be perfect at it. Doesn't mean you'll never blow it again.

It's like the alcoholic with his alcohol-- they know better, know what it does to them, hate themselves afterwards-- yet it is an out of control compulsion-- they can be sober for years and then blow it overnight and spin out of control for a while. Damn this humanity of ours...huh?

You're here though for us to encourage you to do what you need to do to get this straight in your mind. For you won't be content until you do. Again, I'll put my money on the hubs and his shipping out soon. You were totally on a roll, totally on fire until you heard he was being sent off again. Subconsciously, I think, you're trying to make the most of your time with him, and the family, and as we know here in America, "good family times = food." It is what it is.

I'm probably blathering.... but sweetie, we've all been there and will probably be there again, and YOU'LL be the one at the time who has had a good stretch of control under her belt encouraging us to get it back under control, and back straight in our minds. Part of the nature of the beast, and the glory of this team.

Take your lumps tomorrow with the scale-- or better yet, stay the heck off it. You know it's gonna kick you in the *kitten*-- and you'll know you deserve it. (yes, I said *kitten*-- )

Sending love, my friend--