what would YOU do?

Options
1235»

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    teenagers are greedy and selfish. put him in his place.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I think you're being entirely reasonable. He may enjoy your treat, but he certainly doesn't appreciate it. He'd get just as much satisfaction from eating any other chocolate treat. Boys at that age are pretty much oblivious, and their mouths are on autopilot.

I buy myself relatively pricey thin crust mini pizza crusts that are for my use ONLY. My husband and son can have frozen pizza, homemade dough pizza, or French bread pizzas.

Because I hate them and want them to suffer, duh. :huh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    It's not like you're bringing home a bucket of chicken and eating it in front of him. It's a little bit of specialty chocolate you make for yourself to help you stay on your plan. He doesn't need it.
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    you guys are really awesome.
    thanks so much for the great support!
  • meFreshwater
    meFreshwater Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Why do people assume that loving your kids means letting them have whatever they want? He can do without your treat, because he has unlimited access to anything he needs within the limits of your household. Don't ever feel selfish for telling your child 'no'. They need to learn sometime that just because something is within reach, does not make it their own.