favorite quotes from a movie

Options
124»

Replies

• MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    "There's no lie i would rather hear than the truth"

Autumn in New York (Richard Gere/Winona Ryder)
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    "Unless it's mad, passionate, extraordinary love, it's a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life. Love shouldn't be one of the them." - Dream for an Insomniac
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    “Gentlemen, You Can’t Fight In Here! This Is The War Room!" ... Dr Strangelove
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    "Come on lads, let's get home, the sky's beginning to bruise, night must fall and we shall be forced to camp"

Withnail and I
    RIP Richard Griffiths

Absolutely Monty, you terrible c---! :)
  • FitnessCharl
    Options
    Mine is slightly more juvenile -

"I'll have you know that I have the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose. Throw it. I DARE YOU!"

:laugh:
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This one is from Far and Away:

"I have no wish to fight you."
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Natalie Portman: "Why do you love her?"
    Jude Law: "Because she doesn't need me"

Closer
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    "Everything will be allright in the end, & if it's not allright it's not yet the end."

---The Indian guy in "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
    Loved it too!!!!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Rutger Hauer in Wanted: Dead or Alive is a bounty hunter trying to bring in a terrorist (Gene Simmons) and gets a bonus to bring him in alive. Gene Simmons has a grenade in his mouth and Rutger is handing him over.

As he pulls the pin from the grenade:

"*kitten* the bonus"
    I forgot all about that!!!!
  • mark525
    mark525 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What we have here is a failure to communicate! I can be a nice guy or one real mean sonof***** Luke! "Coolhand Luke"
  • snowyd20
    snowyd20 Posts: 176
    Options
    "So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Bill Murray as Carl Spackler in Caddyshack
  • HunterKiller_wechange2
    Options
    "Come on lads, let's get home, the sky's beginning to bruise, night must fall and we shall be forced to camp"

Withnail and I
    RIP Richard Griffiths

Absolutely Monty, you terrible c---! :)

Such classics.

33141513.png
  • cgrooms676
    cgrooms676 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    "Merry Christmas! Sh!tter was full!" - Cousin Eddie in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" - Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Someone already mentioned Monty Python's Holy Grail, but honestly what could be better than "I fart in your general direction"?
  • GraymondoB
    Options
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" - Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Someone already mentioned Monty Python's Holy Grail, but honestly what could be better than "I fart in your general direction"?

"Your Mother was a Hamster and your Father smelled of elderberries" - an excellent insult!!
  • Lyby
    Lyby Posts: 42
    Options
    "As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again." Scarlett O'Hara Butler in Gone With the Wind

"What's wrong with wanting to be the best you can be? What's wrong with wanting to be perfect? What's wrong with wanting to be loved? " Jesse (Jamie Lee Curtis) in Perfect

"You people. If there isn't a movie about it, it's not worth knowing, is it?" Metatron in Dogma
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    divorce.png
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot one:

Are you crying? There's no crying!! There's no crying in baseball! - A League of Their Own