yep, i am a fan.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    who?
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I like the Kardashians. Yes, they are $$$, but, they are self made, and WORK for it. It's not like they are trust fund babies or something!

Yea Kim really worked for it by being a *kitten* and getting plowed on tape. Her money hungry mom used it as an opportunity to make money as a family....tell me how else have they WORKED FOR IT?!?!?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I like the Kardashians. Yes, they are $$$, but, they are self made, and WORK for it. It's not like they are trust fund babies or something!

Yea Kim really worked for it by being a *kitten* and getting plowed on tape. Her money hungry mom used it as an opportunity to make money as a family....tell me how else have they WORKED FOR IT?!?!?

I ask again, DO YOU KNOW WHO HER FATHER WAS????
  • patrickblo13
    Options

Yes I do....an attorney in the OJ trail. The Kardashians were still not a house hold name and while he may have worked, his daughters and ex-wife have done NOTHING!
  • rml_16
    Options

Yes I do....an attorney in the OJ trail. The Kardashians were still not a house hold name and while he may have worked, his daughters and ex-wife have done NOTHING!

So when you die, you're going to make sure your children and spouse don't get anything you may leave behind, then?

I'm guessing he left plenty of money and then they capitalized on his fame. So what? They did what pretty much anyone else would have done in their situation. They were resourceful and have (apparently) personalities people like to watch. Good for them. I don't see why you need to be so hateful about it, except pure jealousy. Otherwise, why feel so strongly about complete strangers?
  • patrickblo13
    Options

So when you die, you're going to make sure your children and spouse don't get anything you may leave behind, then?

I'm guessing he left plenty of money and then they capitalized on his fame. So what? They did what pretty much anyone else would have done in their situation. They were resourceful and have (apparently) personalities people like to watch. Good for them. I don't see why you need to be so hateful about it, except pure jealousy. Otherwise, why feel so strongly about complete strangers?

Because they have contributed nothing to society except garbage...gives me every right to be hateful. I wouldn't trade my life for theirs in a second. So no jealousy here
  • rml_16
    Options

Because they have contributed nothing to society except garbage...gives me every right to be hateful. I wouldn't trade my life for theirs in a second. So no jealousy here
    They've contributed entertainment to thousands of people. I would bet they've even given some of their money to charities over the years.

Do you hate every single person who doesn't meet your standards of "contributing to society"? Do you hate welfare recipients who never bother getting jobs? Do you hate them so passionately? At least the Kardashians are actually earning their money. And they spend it, which keeps businesses open and their employees in jobs.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

WORK FOR IT?? Are you insane? They haven't worked a day in their lives and that's what's sickening.

to be fair, the 3 eldest daughters model and have a clothing line and stores, 2 youngest daughters also model and the mom is a manager for the girls and others. Granted, they may have gotten the opportunities based on their dad and/or the show, but it seems they work, too.
  • rml_16
    Options

WORK FOR IT?? Are you insane? They haven't worked a day in their lives and that's what's sickening.

to be fair, the 3 eldest daughters model and have a clothing line and stores, 2 youngest daughters also model and the mom is a manager for the girls and others. Granted, they may have gotten the opportunities based on their dad and/or the show, but it seems they work, too.
    Ah, yes, all that, too. Like I said, I don't follow them so I forget about this stuff.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Do you follow her in the media? Or could you not care less? Just my curiosity at work here. if you do follow her, why?

Meh. I may read a story here and there about them... but for the vast majority of the time, I really couldn't care less. I'm not a fan of theirs by any means and I don't watch their shows (I find "reality" programming incredibly boring)... They have no impact on my life.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

That's inaccurate. Their job is to cultivate their brand. Appearances, product placements, product development, PR strategy etc. They may not have worked for initial fame, but they do work hard to keep it. It just appears easy compared to the average desk jockey.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I liked her when she was slim. I guess until 2011 I liked her, she was absolutely gorgeous, crazy body and great style. I loved looking at her pics for make up, clothing and hair styles.

But for the last 2 years she's been getting fatter and fatter, her style got really ugly, and her face is absolutely ruined with plastic surgery. So I don't like her anymore.

WOW. I can agree with the botox injections kind of messing up her face, but that is a bit harsh considering....well...SHE WAS PREGNANT!! I'm assuming you have never bared any children by that ignorant comment.
    I have to admit, I am a fan-regardless of how they made their money, they still have a s*** load more than I do!!

She got fat BEFORE she got pregnant. She gained like 25 pounds at least and it ruined her body. And something happened to her style before she got pregnant. I think it happened when she got married or after it.

And that's not just Botox with her face. A LOT of fillers.

I can't figure out what she did to her eyes, they got so small comparing to her old pics of 2008-2009 when she was drop dead gorgeous.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I liked her when she was slim. I guess until 2011 I liked her, she was absolutely gorgeous, crazy body and great style. I loved looking at her pics for make up, clothing and hair styles.

But for the last 2 years she's been getting fatter and fatter, her style got really ugly, and her face is absolutely ruined with plastic surgery. So I don't like her anymore.

This speaks volumes about your character.
    Had to go back and see who said that. Not surprised.

I'm not surprised either :laugh: what an awful personality...

I'm surprised you all know me because I have no idea who you all are. Probably you need to work on your personality before you start judging others, ladies (are you?).

I dont follow her, don't watch her stupid shows, never seen the sex tape. But I liked her in terms of her beauty and style. Before. Now she looks ugly and has been ugly for 2 years so I don't follow her fashion or beauty choices anymore. If you think it somehow shows my personality flaws, I can care less.
  • RunningForeverMama
    Options
    I've heard the name. :yawn:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I don't follow her, but I think Kim is stunning and has a lovely figure.
  • GypsyRoad2
    GypsyRoad2 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I don't have to hate her just, because I could care less about what she does:smokin:

^That statement was intended for anyone that called us haters
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Damn that baby weight! I'm with you, we should shun all those mothers for gaining weight during pregnancy!

That is why I plan to never get pregnant because I don't want to get fatter and fatter. For the betterment of humanity you should join me, and stay slim and beautiful and never have kids or get pregnant!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Keeping Up with the Kardashians used to be one of my guilty pleasure shows. After a while, I lost interest with the whole silly situation, and now I couldn't care less about what's going on with her or the rest of the family. She was my favorite when I watched the show though.
  • YaGigi
    Options

Damn that baby weight! I'm with you, we should shun all those mothers for gaining weight during pregnancy!

That is why I plan to never get pregnant because I don't want to get fatter and fatter. For the betterment of humanity you should join me, and stay slim and beautiful and never have kids or get pregnant!

For the betterment of the humanity you should go to school to educate yourself. If you read my comment, you'd see that I said she had been fat for the last 2 years. I seriously doubt she has been pregnant all these 2 years.