Body image self-assessment quiz

Options

Replies

• purrmeow
    purrmeow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    42. I expected it to be high, but wow.

40 points, apparently right on the borderline for BDD according to this quiz.

BUT, I have social anxiety disorder and some of these questions are about situations that would trigger that. So I'm not sure how accurate this actually is for me.

I also have social anxiety and yeah, as soon as I saw some of those questions I thought about that anxiety. Even when I was a little more comfortable with my body I was uncomfortable with it in social situations.

That's why I'm trying to work on my anxiety along with my body because even when I was more fit and looked closer to my ideal body type I still had the anxiety holding me back.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    27, And I hate my body, and am an Ugly *kitten*!! Test is screwed up!!

I think the only thing that saved me getting top marks is the fact I don't care what other people think of me!!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I scored a 20 which is about right--darn "thighs" :):):)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    16 now

22 before hand
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I took it twice - the first time I answered the way I would have 6+ months ago when I was at my worst and again how I'm feeling currently. The first time my score was 76 :sad: and based how I look at myself now it's 28. Still not great but a huge improvement I guess.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I scored a 40.. BDD... body hatred!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I took the quiz, and now this is a sore subject for me. Carry on......
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    19 when I answered it for how I feel now, 58 when I answered it how I would have before I started losing weight. While going from 240 to 203 probably doesn't seem like a ton, apparently it has made a huge difference for me! I hated my body back then. Now I'm totally cool with my body, but I'm still working on loving it.
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    74, holy moly....I knew I hated my body, and I know it makes me seriously uncomfortable...Looking back, I realize how much it has held me back in social situations, but does this really mean BDD? I suppose I could be perfectly fine at this size, but because I am not, that makes me BDD? Maybe I am just fat and don't like it....
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    20 for me... Not too bad, but room for improvement :)
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    please please remember BDD is only an illness if its INACCURATE!!!
    i scored a 51... i weigh over 250 lbs, of course i have issues with my appearance , thats why i am losing weight,
    doh....
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You have scored 17 points.

SCORE 10-20

You live comfortably in your body - most of the time. However, your body image and, therefore, your self-confidence can from time to time be a little shaky and there is a risk that certain situations could make you anxious on account of the way you feel about your body, size, shape or appearance. There are several aspects to this that you may need to work on in order to reduce this anxiety and make your life more comfortable.

Guess I'm doing okay!! :smile:
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    <---- body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) .. geez! i know that anyway:sad:
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    scored 22 lack self confidence. lol I think everyone who joined mfp lacked sel confidence at some point.
  • YellowNightingale
    YellowNightingale Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    40+ :'( but I felt myself thinking that I won't feel this way if I keep it up!
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    32, Less than I thought it would be.
    But still a long way to go.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I got 17.

You live comfortably in your body - most of the time. However, your body image and, therefore, your self-confidence can from time to time be a little shaky.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    13. I'll take it. However, I will admit, that some of the questions were never because I never am in those situations.

Down from a 35 last year.
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Scored a 23...not bad but tells me I still have some internal work to do
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    SCORE 40+
    You are suffering from a condition called body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) which is translated as body hatred.

Same here.. :(