Body image self-assessment quiz

Options

Replies

• lhunter1922
    Options
    I got a 49... Didn't think it would be as high but I know I"m not a confident but I didn't think I had a disorder! Wow...
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I got a 16 ... cool :-)
  • haledaniels
    haledaniels Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yikes, 57.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    SCORE 40+
    You are suffering from a condition called body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) which is translated as body hatred.

Me, too. Good thing I have a therapist, and we're working on this.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I got a 49... Didn't think it would be as high but I know I"m not a confident but I didn't think I had a disorder! Wow...

I'm no pro, but it's clearly not diagnostic. You MAY have an issue and it's worth thinking about.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I scored 19.
    I guess that's about accurate too.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Scored an 8
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    33 dear lord!!:explode:
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    58... it says I have BDD, I do not have BDD, my body IS actually that bad :P BDD is for people who see their body in a way that is not true. I see the truth!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

Yea, I rather hate my body most of the time.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    39 and it tells me I need to see a psychotherapist "to restore your relationship with your body and to learn to express this in relaxed, accepting feelings and permissions to do whatever anyone else is doing - no matter how you look". Well, what I'd like to do is a felony. :drinker:
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    19 :) I think some people would say I've got an ego problem lol!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Me today: 16. I'm happy with this.

Also answered it as if it were the old me about 4 years ago. Came up with a score of 40.

For those with high scores things can and will get better.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i got a 10. I actually thought it would be higher since i am pretty happy with my body but who doesnt get uncomfortable "sometimes"? I'd think i had a problem if i didnt!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    15 - and most of that is residual from close to 50 pounds ago. I am rocking the renewed focus on exercise and healthy eating.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Well, now I'm bummed.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I scored an 11....says I live comfortably in my body.

I know I am no super model but I also so NOT base my looks and feelings about myself based on others opinions of me...

In the past I probalby would have scored more like a 3-7...lol..but I am not doing all that bad.

This really is a good tool though.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You have scored 11 points.

SCORE 10-20
    You live comfortably in your body - most of the time. However, your body image and, therefore, your self-confidence can from time to time be a little shaky and there is a risk that certain situations could make you anxious on account of the way you feel about your body, size, shape or appearance. There are several aspects to this that you may need to work on in order to reduce this anxiety and make your life more comfortable.
    First of all ask yourself how much do your feelings about your body actually stop you from doing the things which could give you pleasure, such as buying new clothes, being close to someone you love, or even enjoying your holidays. If the truth is that your body image is getting in the way, you may need to take stock.
    Perhaps you should ask yourself whether it is your body which is 'wrong' or your feelings about your body which need to be adjusted. Is there perhaps one part of your body you are at war with, (like your tummy or your legs) which is colouring the way you feel about your entire self? How much have you taken on board the completely unrealistic pressures on us all to look like supermodels? No-one can be perfect and it isn’t likely that people will see you as you see yourself.
    You may need to do a little work on your self-confidence and self-esteem to help you overcome the minor body image problems that you have and live your life to the full. Life is not a rehearsal and if we 'wait until' our body shape is the way we really want it, we may not do some of the things we would really like to do.
    It isn’t advisable to solve a body image problem by rushing into a diet or throwing yourself into an exercise programme. If you would like to learn a few useful exercises which will help you feel better about your body (and they really work) see them below, and enjoy a better quality of life.

Accurate. Course, I'm bloated today. Tomorrow, it'd likely be lower.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Wow, a 44 for me. I'm kind of surprised since I'm a recovered anorexic. Hmm. Thanks for posting.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    58... it says I have BDD, I do not have BDD, my body IS actually that bad :P BDD is for people who see their body in a way that is not true. I see the truth!

Maybe, maybe not. You can be concerned about something that is observably true (e.g., "I have a big nose", when your nose is larger than nearly everyone else's) but it can become BDD if it occupies enough mental space and impairs social function.