glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    the self loathing on this site depresses me :(
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You have scored 14 points.

SCORE 10-20

You live comfortably in your body - most of the time. However, your body image and, therefore, your self-confidence can from time to time be a little shaky and there is a risk that certain situations could make you anxious on account of the way you feel about your body, size, shape or appearance. There are several aspects to this that you may need to work on in order to reduce this anxiety and make your life more comfortable.

First of all ask yourself how much do your feelings about your body actually stop you from doing the things which could give you pleasure, such as buying new clothes, being close to someone you love, or even enjoying your holidays. If the truth is that your body image is getting in the way, you may need to take stock.

Perhaps you should ask yourself whether it is your body which is 'wrong' or your feelings about your body which need to be adjusted. Is there perhaps one part of your body you are at war with, (like your tummy or your legs) which is colouring the way you feel about your entire self? How much have you taken on board the completely unrealistic pressures on us all to look like supermodels? No-one can be perfect and it isn’t likely that people will see you as you see yourself.

You may need to do a little work on your self-confidence and self-esteem to help you overcome the minor body image problems that you have and live your life to the full. Life is not a rehearsal and if we 'wait until' our body shape is the way we really want it, we may not do some of the things we would really like to do.

It isn’t advisable to solve a body image problem by rushing into a diet or throwing yourself into an exercise programme. If you would like to learn a few useful exercises which will help you feel better about your body (and they really work) see them below, and enjoy a better quality of life.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    You have scored 7 points.

SCORE 0-10
    Congratulations! You have a good body image and an excellent self-esteem. As a result of this, you are at peace with yourself.
    The way you feel about your body has little impact on how you go about your daily life. This is how it should be. Perhaps you are aware of the pressures on people to be a certain shape or size. You see it all around you. Pressures to go on diets, or pressures to go to the gym and achieve a toned-up body. Pressures to look younger than you really are.
    You probably feel, correctly, that other things are important in determining how you are to feel about yourself. Be aware however, that people around you may not share similar feelings of self-acceptance. If anything, you will need to guard against being insensitive about how other people feel about the way they think they look, because a healthy body concept has very little to do with the reality of personal appearance, it is more a reflection of how they feel about themselves inside.
    In today’s image-conscious society, many people, no matter how successful or attractive they are, have distorted feelings about their size, shape, and appearance which affect their ability to lead a normal life. Take care, therefore, not to tease or make unguarded comments that might hurt the people you care for. And continue to enjoy your life without letting body feelings get in the way.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I scored 17. I feel pretty good about myself, but I'd be lying if I said somethings don't bother me. Like comments about weight from my family (my mother can be very insulting), generally bother me, but from a complete stranger...well then I really don't care too much. Although I will say working out always makes me feel better, especially if I end up dripping in sweat.

I got a 17 too. I feel the same way, an insult from a family member/friend would hold a lot more power on me than an insult from a stranger. who cares what strangers think :P
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Scored a 14, pretty decent I guess.
  • pghlulu
    pghlulu Posts: 42
    Options
    Score: 32

"Your body has become your enemy and you are very self-absorbed"....."You need expert help from a psychotherapist or counsellor to restore your relationship with your body"

:huh:
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Mine's 20 - but before it would have been painfully high, believe me.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    22....I thought that was low but the description made it sound like I'm super insecure. I don't "feel" that way, but maybe I am?
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I scored 15. Despite trying to lose weight I've made it a point to wear my size loud and proud. Life's too short to be uncomfortable with who I am.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel like being clueless results in a better body image.
    I paid so much less attention to my body when I was even more overweight.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    scored a 20 i wonder what I would of scored if i hadnt been in a Monday weigh in day raining outside my hip hurts, why dont I just give up kind of mood.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You have scored 20 points.

SCORE 10-20
    You live comfortably in your body - most of the time. However, your body image and, therefore, your self-confidence can from time to time be a little shaky and there is a risk that certain situations could make you anxious on account of the way you feel about your body, size, shape or appearance. There are several aspects to this that you may need to work on in order to reduce this anxiety and make your life more comfortable.
    First of all ask yourself how much do your feelings about your body actually stop you from doing the things which could give you pleasure, such as buying new clothes, being close to someone you love, or even enjoying your holidays. If the truth is that your body image is getting in the way, you may need to take stock.
    Perhaps you should ask yourself whether it is your body which is 'wrong' or your feelings about your body which need to be adjusted. Is there perhaps one part of your body you are at war with, (like your tummy or your legs) which is colouring the way you feel about your entire self? How much have you taken on board the completely unrealistic pressures on us all to look like supermodels? No-one can be perfect and it isn’t likely that people will see you as you see yourself.
    You may need to do a little work on your self-confidence and self-esteem to help you overcome the minor body image problems that you have and live your life to the full. Life is not a rehearsal and if we 'wait until' our body shape is the way we really want it, we may not do some of the things we would really like to do.
    It isn’t advisable to solve a body image problem by rushing into a diet or throwing yourself into an exercise programme. If you would like to learn a few useful exercises which will help you feel better about your body (and they really work) see them below, and enjoy a better quality of life.

5499814.png
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

If I ticked "never" to all of those answers I think I would have to be completely deluded!

or REALLY hot!

That doesn't always do it. When I was younger and a lot hotter than I am now, I think I would have scored higher. Age has made me much more comfortable in my own skin, even if that skin isn't as a hot as it used to be.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Guess I didnt need to take a quiz to tell me I have a crappy body image.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel like being clueless results in a better body image. I paid so much less attention to my body when I was even more overweight.

Same for me. Does it concern you at all? Or is it no big deal? Where's the balance?

I have no answers... :grumble:
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bump for lunch break. :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

SCORE 40+ You are suffering from a condition called body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) which is translated as body hatred.

I'm not surprised at all.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I scored a 17. Probably because I am older and wiser than I was when I was in my 20's or 30's. I love myself and don't give a rat's *kitten* what others think of me!