Body image self-assessment quiz

Options
Something to think about - http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/interactive/interactivetests/body_image.php

Mine came out at 32, but that's on a bad day... my score varies from around 24-32.

For those of you who are brave... is your score getting higher or lower? Project back before you started losing weight or lifting, etc. Would your score be higher or lower back then?

Looking back maybe 10 years ago I was just totally clueless and unaware about everything, and probably would have scored lower. Does being clueless means you have better body image?

Replies

• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Quite shocked at how high my score was... Didn't realise it affected me that much.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    SCORE 40+
    You are suffering from a condition called body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) which is translated as body hatred.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Mine was quite high but I think that is because I am not fully used to my new body and I get a lot of mixed reactions when people see me. I get the good job but.... I just need to get used to it.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The score categories I've seen so far are:

40-80 - body hatred
    30-40 - self-image is negatively impacting your life
    20-30 - lack of confidence

I haven't seen what it looks like lower than 20.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

I guess I'm good :)
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I scored a 19. Yay!!! I am sure it would have been higher before.... :drinker:
  • FrkFreckle
    Options
    I got 49 :'(
  • sourpower434
    sourpower434 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I got a 49! Wait, high number = worse body image. Damn.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly all the weight I want to... so I scored a 12 and I'm made up with that!

After feeling as crummy as I did at my highest weight I can say I feel much better with myself now :love:
  • Grumpy2208
    Options
    How good is your body image?

You have scored 4 points.

SCORE 0-10

Congratulations! You have a good body image and an excellent self-esteem. As a result of this, you are at peace with yourself.

The way you feel about your body has little impact on how you go about your daily life. This is how it should be. Perhaps you are aware of the pressures on people to be a certain shape or size. You see it all around you. Pressures to go on diets, or pressures to go to the gym and achieve a toned-up body. Pressures to look younger than you really are.

You probably feel, correctly, that other things are important in determining how you are to feel about yourself. Be aware however, that people around you may not share similar feelings of self-acceptance. If anything, you will need to guard against being insensitive about how other people feel about the way they think they look, because a healthy body concept has very little to do with the reality of personal appearance, it is more a reflection of how they feel about themselves inside.

In today’s image-conscious society, many people, no matter how successful or attractive they are, have distorted feelings about their size, shape, and appearance which affect their ability to lead a normal life. Take care, therefore, not to tease or make unguarded comments that might hurt the people you care for. And continue to enjoy your life without letting body feelings get in the way.

Lol
  • amytaylorwilliamdrake
    Options
    ugh 53 body hatred
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Um..I got a 68 :ohwell:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I got 17. It probably would have been a little higher right before I decided to lose weight. Being uncomfortable at that weight is why I decided to lose, after all.
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh dear.... I scored 62... I guess that's why I am doing this weight loss malarky!!

I don't need a therapist as it suggests, I just need to lose weight and stop being a big fat heffa!! :smile:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I took the test a second time and i think this one is more accurate. The first one is who i use to be.

I scored 21

SCORE 20-30
    A score at this level indicates that you lack confidence in your appearance and your self-confidence is shaky. You may not be aware of just how much your feelings about your body are stopping you from being spontaneous in life and doing many of the everyday things that people with a sound body image take for granted. This is bound to be affecting your contentment with life. But this probably has nothing to do with the way you actually look. There is an internal standard within you that you feel you fall short of and this is affecting the quality of your life more than you may realize. Yours is a life beset by limitations.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    So, what I'm seeing here...

1. Just because you're reaching your goals, doesn't necessarily mean your image will improve. There's a lot of mental work to do, some of us need more than others.
    2. Body image affects men too.

I'm surprised so many people hit 60-80, it's a big insight into how other people live inside their body.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I scored 17. I feel pretty good about myself, but I'd be lying if I said somethings don't bother me. Like comments about weight from my family (my mother can be very insulting), generally bother me, but from a complete stranger...well then I really don't care too much. Although I will say working out always makes me feel better, especially if I end up dripping in sweat.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    You have scored 10 points.

SCORE 0-10

Congratulations! You have a good body image and an excellent self-esteem. As a result of this, you are at peace with yourself.

The way you feel about your body has little impact on how you go about your daily life. This is how it should be. Perhaps you are aware of the pressures on people to be a certain shape or size. You see it all around you. Pressures to go on diets, or pressures to go to the gym and achieve a toned-up body. Pressures to look younger than you really are.

You probably feel, correctly, that other things are important in determining how you are to feel about yourself. Be aware however, that people around you may not share similar feelings of self-acceptance. If anything, you will need to guard against being insensitive about how other people feel about the way they think they look, because a healthy body concept has very little to do with the reality of personal appearance, it is more a reflection of how they feel about themselves inside.

In today’s image-conscious society, many people, no matter how successful or attractive they are, have distorted feelings about their size, shape, and appearance which affect their ability to lead a normal life. Take care, therefore, not to tease or make unguarded comments that might hurt the people you care for. And continue to enjoy your life without letting body feelings get in the way.

This from a 50yo, 5'4", 218lb woman. I guess good self worth and loving yourself for who and what you are (good or bad) goes a long way.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I got 49 :'(
    Same. :frown:
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Took it again as I felt 85 pounds ago....scored a 40. Wow, losing weight is cheaper than a therapist with money left over for new clothes! Win-win