not surprised... :-/
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    15 not bad. :)
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I got 17............ Not terrible, but not bad.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Some of the questions didn't apply when I was at my heaviest. I would not have been clothes shopping. When my size 14 pants were getting too small was when I decided to lose weight. I was not going go purchase size 16 pants. Just was not going to happen. Also I wasn't weighing myself then either. I didn't weigh myself until the day I started to lose weight. No one has ever said anything negative to me about my weight or appearance. My score is 14 now. It would have been 28 at my heaviest. I don't really have self-esteem issues normally.
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I scored 12. I know I have a few issues that weight loss will not correct. Comes from being brought up by a negative mother and them being married to 2 abusive men. But all in all not a bad score.
  • brittknight828
    Options
    6 :D
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    SCORE 10-20
    You live comfortably in your body - most of the time. However, your body image and, therefore, your self-confidence can from time to time be a little shaky and there is a risk that certain situations could make you anxious on account of the way you feel about your body, size, shape or appearance

So much better then when I was a teen!!
  • student37
    student37 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Will have to say this one surprised me!!

You have scored 9 points.

SCORE 0-10

Congratulations! You have a good body image and an excellent self-esteem. As a result of this, you are at peace with yourself.

The way you feel about your body has little impact on how you go about your daily life. This is how it should be. Perhaps you are aware of the pressures on people to be a certain shape or size. You see it all around you. Pressures to go on diets, or pressures to go to the gym and achieve a toned-up body. Pressures to look younger than you really are.

You probably feel, correctly, that other things are important in determining how you are to feel about yourself. Be aware however, that people around you may not share similar feelings of self-acceptance. If anything, you will need to guard against being insensitive about how other people feel about the way they think they look, because a healthy body concept has very little to do with the reality of personal appearance, it is more a reflection of how they feel about themselves inside.

In today’s image-conscious society, many people, no matter how successful or attractive they are, have distorted feelings about their size, shape, and appearance which affect their ability to lead a normal life. Take care, therefore, not to tease or make unguarded comments that might hurt the people you care for. And continue to enjoy your life without letting body feelings get in the way.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    60 and sadly that is better now since I lost 50 pounds.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    47 :frown:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I scored a 35 and was told I need psychological help? I don't think so. I may be uncomfortable in many situations but I don't avoid them. I also know how to lose weight and shape my body in a healthy way. I think their assessments are a bit extreme.

I took it again and scored a 20. (I tend to over think questions like these) This assessment sounds much more like me.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    How good is your body image?

You have scored 10 points.

SCORE 0-10
    Congratulations! You have a good body image and an excellent self-esteem. As a result of this, you are at peace with yourself.

I knew that.
  • chrispmeeks
    Options
    I got a 7, but then again i don't give a crap about what people think of me. Accept me or not, this is me.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My score was 11, which was just what I expected. I have some insecurities, but I don't care what others think of me.
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I got 18, not too shabby. Just need to reach my goal and it'll be even better :p
  • vickydubuis
    vickydubuis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Dang I got a 63....
  • SNWilliams13
    Options
    How good is your body image?

You have scored 16 points.

SCORE 10-20

You live comfortably in your body - most of the time. However, your body image and, therefore, your self-confidence can from time to time be a little shaky and there is a risk that certain situations could make you anxious on account of the way you feel about your body, size, shape or appearance. There are several aspects to this that you may need to work on in order to reduce this anxiety and make your life more comfortable.

Yep, I don't care what people say!!! I still have a long way to go to get this weight off and feel even better about myself (All about pleasing me :-))
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I scored 18 :-(
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    You have scored 10 points.

SCORE 0-10

The way you feel about your body has little impact on how you go about your daily life. This is how it should be. Perhaps you are aware of the pressures on people to be a certain shape or size. You see it all around you. Pressures to go on diets, or pressures to go to the gym and achieve a toned-up body. Pressures to look younger than you really are.

You probably feel, correctly, that other things are important in determining how you are to feel about yourself. Be aware however, that people around you may not share similar feelings of self-acceptance. If anything, you will need to guard against being insensitive about how other people feel about the way they think they look, because a healthy body concept has very little to do with the reality of personal appearance, it is more a reflection of how they feel about themselves inside.

In today’s image-conscious society, many people, no matter how successful or attractive they are, have distorted feelings about their size, shape, and appearance which affect their ability to lead a normal life. Take care, therefore, not to tease or make unguarded comments that might hurt the people you care for. And continue to enjoy your life without letting body feelings get in the way.

( I was shocked, I thought I was going to rate way lower, I had a lot of "occasionally" answers. )
  • mrs532
    mrs532 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amen sista! Gotta love who you are :)