Body image self-assessment quiz

Options

Replies

• raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I scored 55, but everything they say I already knew about myself so its not surprising.
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My score was 11!! Pretty good I think but definitely room for improvement. Thanks for posting this! I'm going to share with my private group!
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I got 38 bloody hell!
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    :( 40+ Man, someone told me long ago that I had BDD...I didn't believe them. :\
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I took the test a second time and i think this one is more accurate. The first one is who i use to be.
    SCORE 20-30

That's good to hear.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You have scored 48 points.

SCORE 40+

You are suffering from a condition called body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) which is translated as body hatred.

Im not sure how accurate this test it :/
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I scored a 10, which shows how far I've come. All of those things bothered me in my 20s, and very few of them bother me now.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is skewed toward negative situations, like they don't ask how you feel when you someone compliments you only when you "recall negative things people have said about you" obvioulsy I would feel uncomfortable when recalling negative comments. But really good about myself when someone compliments me.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    16 - I'm usually pretty comfortable but can get a little shakey at times. Which makes sense because I'm pretty good with my body except when someone flat out makes fun of me (happened a lot in middle/high school) with occasional bouts of envy when I see others with qualities I'm working toward.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    mine was 32.. and apparently I need therapy according to the discription. blah Happy Monday.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I got 13. I still have moments when I feel iffy about myself and I still have a good way to go before I have the body I want for health reasons but I'm largely happy in my body.
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    I took the test a second time and i think this one is more accurate. THE FIRST ONE IS WHO I USED TO BE.

I love this <3 Look how far you've come!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    You have scored 61 points.

Ouch... :/

Yeah, I have hated my body and have very, very low self-image. Hoping that changes when I hit my goal weight.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    You have scored 18 points.

SCORE 10-20

You live comfortably in your body - most of the time. However, your body image and, therefore, your self-confidence can from time to time be a little shaky and there is a risk that certain situations could make you anxious on account of the way you feel about your body, size, shape or appearance. There are several aspects to this that you may need to work on in order to reduce this anxiety and make your life more comfortable.

First of all ask yourself how much do your feelings about your body actually stop you from doing the things which could give you pleasure, such as buying new clothes, being close to someone you love, or even enjoying your holidays. If the truth is that your body image is getting in the way, you may need to take stock.

Perhaps you should ask yourself whether it is your body which is 'wrong' or your feelings about your body which need to be adjusted. Is there perhaps one part of your body you are at war with, (like your tummy or your legs) which is colouring the way you feel about your entire self? How much have you taken on board the completely unrealistic pressures on us all to look like supermodels? No-one can be perfect and it isn’t likely that people will see you as you see yourself.

You may need to do a little work on your self-confidence and self-esteem to help you overcome the minor body image problems that you have and live your life to the full. Life is not a rehearsal and if we 'wait until' our body shape is the way we really want it, we may not do some of the things we would really like to do.

It isn’t advisable to solve a body image problem by rushing into a diet or throwing yourself into an exercise programme. If you would like to learn a few useful exercises which will help you feel better about your body (and they really work) see them below, and enjoy a better quality of life.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I guess I'm good :)

13 - me too, apart from on the occassional 'fat' day!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bugger... 56, self loathing and body hatred but then again I knew this already!
  • KatieJane10x
    KatieJane10x Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hmm I got 55!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I beat everyone, I'm sure. A higher score is good right? :(
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I scored an 8 but then again I have never cared what my size or weight has been fluffy or not I have always been happy. Weight loss to me just= a healthy baby sometime in my future and a longer life with those I love :)
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My score was wicked high... but I figured it would be. I'm embarrassed to say it was 55. I've always had social anxiety and gone through a couple very deep depressions. I've come a long way from where I was though and need to keep pushing forward and working on my image of myself.

I can say that this site, with everyone's support has helped immensely :) Thanks to all on here who have kept me going and kept my spirits up!