Replies

• cbeckl
    cbeckl Posts: 79
    Options
    Wow- my score was 40+!!
  • omes99
    omes99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I scored a 52.. I did not think of myself on some of the thins it mentioned. :(
  • taylorwaters98
    taylorwaters98 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I got a 47, and we just had a Fraternity Formal that everyone was posting pictures on Facebook, so I guess seeing those and not working out the past few days could be the cause.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I got a 51. Apparently I need a therapist.

GMAFB. I'm fat. My BMI is 36. Why on freaking earth would I feel good about myself when I look in the mirror or get on the scale? Yes, I'm happy when I look in the mirror and I notice a change or I get on the scale and I have a loss, but that doesn't mean I'm satisfied, not by far. It just means I'm making progress (which I am, down almost 30lbs out of a total ~80-90 that needs to be gone). That's why I'm here, trying to lose the healthy way and be able to stay there once I get there. I don't need a therapist, I need a trainer and a nutritionist.

This test is crap for someone who actually does need to lose weight, and is obviously designed for someone at or near a healthy weight. If I was already at a healthy weight, then I might agree with the results. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if you're overweight and NOT feeling unhappy with your appearance, that in itself is an issue - not necessarily an emotional one, but looking at yourself when you're significantly overweight and thinking "yeah, this is ok" is going to impact your PHYSICAL health, if not now then certainly in the future.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    ... below.
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    This fatty got a 6. WHOOP! I will likely be more upset that I can't go on vacation vs. how I will look while on vacation.

You have scored 6 points.

SCORE 0-10
    Congratulations! You have a good body image and an excellent self-esteem. As a result of this, you are at peace with yourself.
    The way you feel about your body has little impact on how you go about your daily life. This is how it should be. Perhaps you are aware of the pressures on people to be a certain shape or size. You see it all around you. Pressures to go on diets, or pressures to go to the gym and achieve a toned-up body. Pressures to look younger than you really are.

You probably feel, correctly, that other things are important in determining how you are to feel about yourself. Be aware however, that people around you may not share similar feelings of self-acceptance. If anything, you will need to guard against being insensitive about how other people feel about the way they think they look, because a healthy body concept has very little to do with the reality of personal appearance, it is more a reflection of how they feel about themselves inside.

In today’s image-conscious society, many people, no matter how successful or attractive they are, have distorted feelings about their size, shape, and appearance which affect their ability to lead a normal life. Take care, therefore, not to tease or make unguarded comments that might hurt the people you care for. And continue to enjoy your life without letting body feelings get in the way.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    THESE QUIZES ARE DANGEROUS.

The score is crap, don't rack your mind over it.

Everyone knows how much their image affects them and what they are worried about. Be honest with yourself and do what you can to overcome your situation... and don't feel bad about it.
  • SundayGirl1989
    Options
    52...oh dear =/
  • fayeonherway
    Options

GMAFB. I'm fat. My BMI is 36. Why on freaking earth would I feel good about myself when I look in the mirror or get on the scale? Yes, I'm happy when I look in the mirror and I notice a change or I get on the scale and I have a loss, but that doesn't mean I'm satisfied, not by far. It just means I'm making progress (which I am, down almost 30lbs out of a total ~80-90 that needs to be gone). That's why I'm here, trying to lose the healthy way and be able to stay there once I get there. I don't need a therapist, I need a trainer and a nutritionist.

This test is crap for someone who actually does need to lose weight, and is obviously designed for someone at or near a healthy weight. If I was already at a healthy weight, then I might agree with the results. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if you're overweight and NOT feeling unhappy with your appearance, that in itself is an issue - not necessarily an emotional one, but looking at yourself when you're significantly overweight and thinking "yeah, this is ok" is going to impact your PHYSICAL health, if not now then certainly in the future.

Can I politely disagree with your post? Loving yourself does not necessarily mean that you think being over weight is okay.

I am fat. My first goal is to lose 63 lbs. I think I am awesome and that's why I want to lose weight. I do not hate myself or my body. Because I love myself, it's time to make changes. Losing weight does not magically fix self esteem. Many people still have body issues and deal with self hate even when they get to a healthy BMI. They took the time to work on their physical health, but assumed it would magically fix their mental/emotional health as well.

There are some people out here who like me, truly love themselves regardless what the mirror says.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I got a 15 (which is healthy-ish) but I hate myself so *shrug*
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    meh, I scored an 18...but I'm good with that...afterall I am trying to change things...
  • Jsnuggles
    Jsnuggles Posts: 33
    Options
  • muddynicola
    muddynicola Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    54 however I would call it realism and facing the truth and not liking it not BDD
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    A 32, not good...I have issues :)
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Can I politely disagree with your post? Loving yourself does not necessarily mean that you think being over weight is okay.

I am fat. My first goal is to lose 63 lbs. I think I am awesome and that's why I want to lose weight. I do not hate myself or my body. Because I love myself, it's time to make changes. Losing weight does not magically fix self esteem. Many people still have body issues and deal with self hate even when they get to a healthy BMI. They took the time to work on their physical health, but assumed it would magically fix their mental/emotional health as well.

There are some people out here who like me, truly love themselves regardless what the mirror says.

It isn't that I don't love myself. That's not even close to what the questions were asking. The quiz asked if I felt uncomfortable with my *appearance* in various situations. I love myself just fine, but I don't look at myself in pics next to my smoking hot girlfriends or in the mirror in a dressing room or at the "215" on the scale and think to myself "awwww, yeah, this body is working it. Doin just fine, girlfriend. No problems here." No, I look at that and know that I need to make a change, for my appearance as well as my health. I'm confident that I'm a kind person, a good listener, an incredible wife and mother, a great employee, and an overall pretty good individual. But my size 16 butt does not make me happy. That's specifically what this quiz was referring to. I would truly hope that when I get to a healthy weight, I can add having a rocking body to that list as well, and I think I'll be able to.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow... mine came out really high... 75...
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    54 however I would call it realism and facing the truth and not liking it not BDD

Those were my thoughts exactly
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    53, not surprised, and already in therapy about it :D
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I scored a 23, I guess that's not too bad. I've never felt comfortable in my own skin, even when I was thin.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    meh interesting test, but at the end of the day it just one of million quizes that the interwebz has to offer. Take more then a grain a salt, i suggest the whole damn shaker