Gluten free!

Options
124»

Replies

• peachypie1984
    peachypie1984 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat GF and I am not celiac, but I do believe I am sensitive to gluten. In the new year I knew I had to make some sort of change because I was constantly having digestive upset, and I was sick of it. I had tried cutting out milk to no avail, but I had never really thought going GF was something I could do. I was eating a bowl of shredded wheat (with almond milk) one night and bam... felt like death! I knew it was the wheat. So I went GF and have never felt better.

At first it was v hard. And I totally was guilty of turning to all the GF pre-made foods like cookies and muffins so I certainly did not lose any weight (not that that was my goal at the time). More recently since joining MFP and making sure I eat at least one good salad a day, I have lost the 10 lbs I wanted to lose and am feeling even better. I try and avoid crap GF food.

For milk replacements you can try almond milk! I drink Silk unsweetened vanilla milk and it's SO good, even better than cow's milk! I still eat cheese and yogurt and the occasional ice cream. But on my cereal I have the almond milk. Highly recommend!