Top 5 Foods BANNED from my home ...

Options

Replies

• R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Baked Lays Chips
    Pringles

Almost forgot: chocolate chip cookie dough...no cookie has ever been BAKED in my house!!!
  • missjedda
    missjedda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wish I could keep the too tempting foods out of my reach. But what's at home is the least of my worries. Unfortunately, I am a chef and work with all the tastiest, high calorie foods you could imagine, all day long, every day. And what's even worse, having to throw out the leftovers of those foods. Today was High Tea and trying throw out instead of eat the macarons, chocolate tartlets, passionfruit cupcakes, fresh scones with cream, pastries, etc etc, total torture. Not to mention, total fail. I often wonder if I could ever reach my goal without quitting my job :brokenheart:
  • abbyherrington
    Options
    love this post!

- chips or other salty foods like peanuts have to stay out of the house
    - coke zero is also a bad one, I love it as a treat now and then but if it's at the house I'll drink one every day

anything else I'm ok with, those two are just train wrecks waiting to happen
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Lots of things I chose not to eat, but if OH wants it I'm happy for it to be in the house.

'Banned' -
    Nut butters, I love them but show no restraint
    Chocolate - except 85%+ dark
    Crisps (chips for US/Canadians)
    Biscuits
    Cake

I chose not to eat margarines / Pies / Bread / wheat / amongst other processed foods as I get headaches from them - but OH eats them and that's fine.
  • Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good with will power these days but there's still a few things I won't buy because I will eat them all immediately.

1) Chocolate covered pretzels.
    2) Homemade/local bakery bread - especially cheese bread, raisin bread or brown bread.
    3) Dates.
    4) Diet soda - I have no issue with artificial sweeteners, but I just don't keep it because I will drink 3 cans in a row and that much carbonation isn't good for teeth.
    5) Cookies. Of any kind. If I make them, I give them away.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    my trigger food is cashews (salted or unsalted) so I don't buy them. I have in the past eaten 800g of them in one sitting. Not a great idea :laugh:
    and products with processed trans fats.

That's it really.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    1. Tofurky
    2. Low-fat cheese
    3. Low-fat ice cream
    4. French Roast Coffee
    5. White Zinfandel
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Poptarts are like my number one enemy.

Oh how I love them though.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Snickers Ice Cream Ditto OP
    Hershey Nuggets
    Fried Chicken
    Indian Food
    Fried Fish
    *These are things I do not eat and have control over LMAO* my friend had an intervention with me and a bag of Hershey nuggets one time
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    PIZZA HUT
    DOMINOES
    PAPA JOHNS
    LITTLE CAESAR'S
    ANY AND ALL PIZZA
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing is banned in my house, food is good, and I need it to survive, so I might as well eat the stuff I like.

However, I do have weaknesses that I have to be careful of.

Oreo's
    Any flavor of Dorito's
    Skittles
    Captain Morgan
    Stag Chili

For those of you who said butter pecan ice cream, I'm sorry, I just had two servings worth on top of my homemade apple crisp, it was fantastic. :bigsmile:

Rigger
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Not really anything specifically banned. I do have things I have to be careful with but I don't avoid them at all cost, just use good judgement and pace myself. My main downfall is anything with peanut butter.
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    - Flavored crackers, like Chik'n'Biskit, Sun Dried Tomato Wheat Thins, Vegetable Thins. I never get full, they just keep going in . . .
    - King's Hawaiian bread/rolls.
    - Strawberry freezer jam (this is not the same as regular strawberry jam. it is 1000x better.)
    - Mint candy, like dutch mints, mini York patties, candy cane Hershey Kisses, you get the idea.
    - Taboulli. Totally healthy in 1-2 servings. Not totally healthy in 4-5 servings at one go.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    1. Honey/sugar
    2. Nut butters/ nuts
    3. Flours of any kind
    4. Cream
    5. Things I find disgusting

Most sweet things I can't eat because of my deplorable habit of wanting to mix sweet foods to create a cookie or cake like dough. It's a habit I formed at home when dad would mix things like craisins, honey and tahini together and grazing on that kind of food all day rather than having proper meals. One thing I used to do was consume a whole bottle of tahini with the same amount of honey in a single day. Dad got annoyed that I ate so much tahini so I made it half a bottle in one day. Dad also bought lots of bread and ice cream. Then when I was living on my own I would have 500 g of butter, 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of flour in one day almost every week. No wonder I wasn't losing weight!!

I also cannot resist biscuits (esp. mint slices, tim tams, cookies, Petite Ecoliers, Lebkuken and assorted creams), croissants, banana bread, fruit bread, doughnuts, cakes, chocolate, ice cream or caramel. Peanut butter, hazelnut butter and the like are just as bad for me as tahini. I also cannot resist dairy such as cream cheese, cream, yogurt, custard and good quality whole egg mayonnaise.

I also love the taste of fresh or sweet bread and cannot stop eating it even though it gives me terrible gas.

Thankfully I do okay with lollies, pasta and potato chips. I don't have sudden urges to go eat them unlike virtually anything that else that is sweet and/or buttery.

Eggs, noodles, green vegetables and carrots have always been reliable for me.

Anything portioned is ideal for me because I generally feel full after I have consumed what I feel is "enough" or a "full portion" meal. Whereas non-portioned things always seem to be the source of uncontrolled eating. Sometimes it's even worse when I try to portion things out because it means I over-think how many servings there are and get into a binge that way.

Savoury doesn't seem to be such a big problem for me thank god.

I try to avoid getting too many diet drinks because I find I crave actual sugar too much afterwards and need to visit the toilet too often.

I've never had Ben & Jerry's ice-cream because it seems like too many calories. What is the "Phish food" flavour??

Finally, I hate the taste of cottage cheese, vegemite, sardines and vita wheats so I never get those.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any large portion of sweet or salty treats. If I bring a bag of potato chips into the house, I'll try to eat just a bowl or something... and then make seven trips back to the kitchen. Ditto for ice cream. And I'm more like to stress eat these things.

However, I'll go get a small bag of Cheetos if the craving hits. (Usually once a week, while walking home from the karaoke bar. >_>;)
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    1. Cheez-Its
    2. Any kind of potato chip, but original Lay's tops the list.
    3. Chocolate is not banned, but I don't buy it a whole lot.
    4. I have to be careful when it comes to any kind of nuts (cashews, almonds, peanuts, peanut butter), because they add up quickly. It's an issue of willpower that sometimes I control, sometimes I just go over.
    5. Anything other than skim milk.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    any type of hamburger helper/lipton sides/boxed pastas with flavors
    solely carb-y snack bars
    lunchmeat that is loaded with crap
    non-Greek yogurt
    condiments with high sodium/fat
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    peanut butter and white wine!!!
  • Taniagirly
    Taniagirly Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Haha my kids eat everything before I get the chance! I don't touch the house treats, my problem is poor planning and grabbing a chocolate bar at the shops sometimes when I'm super hungry and my brain says 'quick! Eat sugar!
    I don't keep many packaged foods in the house, and cooking from scratch takes time so salad is usually easier. If we want something fast it has to be leftovers ????