• ChallengeAccepted14
    Options
    1. POP TARTS ...
    2. Chips
    3. Cheese
    4. Cookies
    5. Soda
    6. Crackers (saltines and graham)

...I don't keep it in my house!! I'll buy each item in individual quantities (ex. a soda, or a cookie, or a small bag of chips) but, I wont buy it in large quantities. I just can't be trusted to eat them in moderation.

I try to get lower calorie options unless I'm really wanting it... for example: instead of pop tarts, I'll get the 100 calorie crisps by Special K (no joke... it tastes JUST like a pop tart, just way smaller and about 400 less calories!)
  • DannPM31
    DannPM31 Posts: 32
    Options
    Dairy products
    Red Meat
    Gluten-based products/grains
    Foods with more than 10g of sugar
    Drinks that aren't water/green tea

You're right on here!!
  • MrsCadillac12
    Options
    Salt and Vinegar Kettle Cooked Chips
    Chicago Mix Popcorn (for those who don't know, it's a mix of cheese and caramel corn, sounds weird, but is amazing)
    Coffee flavored Ice Cream
    Artisan bread
    Crescent Rolls
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    1. Meat
    2. Dairy, eggs, etc (no animal products)
    3. No gluten
    4. No processed foods
    5. No sugar
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Dairy products
    Red Meat
    Gluten-based products/grains
    Foods with more than 10g of sugar
    Drinks that aren't water/green tea
    Looks like mine except no animal products at all ;)
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Mind you, I'll eat just about anything in moderation that won't have my gut pitching a fit. But some things just don't see the inside of my apartment.

1, Jugs of milk. I'm perfectly happy just sticking my hand straight into the box on the occasions that I want cereal, and it simply doesn't keep long enough for me to use more than a couple cups by the time the stuff would go bad assuming I even open it.
    2. Quinoa. Yes, this stuff is nutritious compared to wheat. Hence why this craze is translating into a bunch of malnourished South Americans who now buy wheat instead for predictable reasons.
    3. Ice Cream. I just cannot justify dedicating freezer space to the stuff - too many other things belong there more.
    4. Canned Tuna/Chicken. My pocketbook cries thinking about it.
    5. Bottled Tea. Another space hog I can't stand.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Doritos
    Hickory Stix
    Doritos
    Hickory Stix
    DORITOS for the love of all things holy...Satan's food can only be purchased in mini size and only one packet. Satan's food is tasty, and I have discovered that negative emotions taste a lot like DORITOS.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    chocolate candy bars, bites, ect.
    talenti gelato and hagen daaz
    challah aka egg bread
    lays potato chips
  • CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hmmm top 5...
    1) little gem coconut donuts
    2) donuts of any kind
    3) pastries
    4) sweet breads
    5) chocolate (if its in the freezer I'm OK...I think there is a jar of nutella I threw in the back of it one night at 11:30 pm...cold chocolate is not good chocolate to me!)
  • CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Now that is funny!
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I dont ban anything... I just buy a sugar free/ low cal version that I can have. Or find a way to make it low cal. It usually doesnt even taste different. For example, if I want a milk shake, bryers sugar free vanilla ice cream ( 80 cal 1/2 cup) and unsweetened blue diamond almond milk. I can add sugar free low cal choc syrup, or fresh strawberries. I make grilled cheese less than 200 cal/ sandwhich. A serving of pirates booty. Such a good lunch. I LOVE hot tamales candies and I will bag 1-2 servings of it, instead of eating a box then realizing theres 5 servings per box. Idk I just think ( for myself, personally) if I have to live this way, the rest of my life, I wont deprive myself and then have it lead to a binge. Just eat what I like in moderation, and make healthy meals when Im home :)
  • trinna5
    trinna5 Posts: 2
    Options
    mmmmm, I've just discovered paydays...
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't ban the foods because my family likes certain things-I just make better choices in what to stock the pantry with. Hubby does like his Reese cups, so I will get them for him; I won't touch them. If I use flour/sugar, etc, it's organic, no substitutes, though. I have noticed I am buying lots more fresh stuff and less and less packaged stuff. Baby steps:)
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    1. Sardines
    2. Salmon
    3. Liver
    4. Pigs feet/snout
    5. Head cheese.

They stink. All of them. Fortunately, nobody in my house really eats them anyway.
  • TripleRadiance275
    TripleRadiance275 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't eat sugar or grain at all but I still can't stay out of these five things if they're in the house I eat them all.
    1. Almond butter
    2. Coconut rolled dates
    3. dates
    4. Figs
    5. Larabars
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I don't "ban" anything. I believe that saying you "can't" eat this or that is asking for trouble.

I've trained myself to make very healthy food choices instead. Because I want to be healthy.
  • juliapeter47
    juliapeter47 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good threads so many replays.
    Some food are new for me and i test and i like it and now when i see it thought hoe to take it and start eating.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    nutella
    pancake mix
    cupcakes
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    nutella
    any kind of chocolate
    ice cream
    cookies
    sweets, any kind.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    now y'all have got me wanting peanut butter....