152 lbs lost (Vid & pic)

Options
gamersgym
gamersgym Posts: 195 Member
Yesterday, while starting a cut to try and hit 10% BF, I was looking for an app to help track my calories. I downloaded MFP and found something I wish I knew existed while I was losing weight.

I was fat for most of my life, coming to a point in 2010 where I decided I had enough and needed to change. I was 309 lbs. Through this 2 year process I developed healthy eating habits and became active. During this time I managed to lose 152 lbs.

I did nothing special, anyone can really do this. Just takes a little time and dedication. Being honest with yourself is key.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSwY1UXFytM

Progress pic: 34jVaoq.jpg

Anyone who needs support from someone who has been there, wants to ask questions, or just wants a friend, feel free to add me.

:happy:

Replies

• julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats you're doing awesome
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    hell. yes. way to go dude. adding you.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Good for you!
  • doodles21224
    doodles21224 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a difference. Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration. It might take this "old" lady a long time but I know I can do it by watching people like you.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration, you look great!
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on everything. We've lost the same in the same amount of time. Feel free to add me.

I was lucky enough to have MFP throughout this process and continue to use it daily as I still have more to go.

Thanks for sharing, it really does inspire peeps. :-)
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. This is so inspirational. I loved your video. You look like a completely different person. Congratulations.
  • gamersgym
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses. It is possible for anyone to achieve, I really believe that.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • 02oakleyb29
    02oakleyb29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I wish that I would have a before pic of my whole body for motivation...but, to be honest, I never would allow anyone to take any lol.

Anyhow, amazing transformation :)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss!!! I am just getting started again and seeing really slow results. I have faith I will get there especially with great success stories like yours \m/
  • gamersgym
    Options
    I was the same way, I didn't have a large selection of pictures to chose from. I didn't have the foresight to take many before pictures because I didn't know I was really going to do it.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yep!! Thats why my dog is my profile :) the ticker is my perfect jaw line from my high school senior pic. Mother nature is a *kitten*!!
  • Happy_Harlow
    Options
    YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!!! <3
  • mrsb0223
    mrsb0223 Posts: 7
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! Congrats!
    Did you plateau and if so how did you push through? I'm dealing with that now.
  • tlesa88
    tlesa88 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss! You look great!!
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Dayum, you look good now! :D
  • gamersgym
    Options
    Much thanks everyone. I'm still not even close to where I want to be so I'm not satisfied yet.
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! Congrats!
    Did you plateau and if so how did you push through? I'm dealing with that now.

After the first year, and it was a combination of things. I had eaten low calorie so long without a cheat day. Once I started eating more, I actually lost more weight. I also switched to HIIT instead of long cardio sessions. The rest was patience.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Wow! SO impressive!
  • XoXoLJFitness
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the great work and thanks for the post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!