Level Obstacles: Lose Weight, Target Fat! (EASY!!)

Options

Replies

• Streamlinedforlife
    Options
    Great post! Thank you
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Actually, it depends on how you burn your fat. I have been on the Ideal Protein Protocol for 71 days as of today. I started at 202.8 lbs. This morning I weighed in at 164.6 lbs. That's 38.2 lbs. lost in 71 days, or 0.54 lbs. lost EVERY DAY. It's an 850/day calorie diet that relies on you staying in Ketosis in order to burn the rest of the calories you need from your FAT. The Protein is NOT animal based, so it's GREAT for Vegans. And I am hardly doing any muscle activity other than a 30 minute walk every other day, and 30 pushups, 120 crunches, 30 leg-lifts, 30 squats, 30 good-mornings every day. My goal is to be at a ripped 140 lbs. by the end of May! This just proves you don't need a gym membership to do what I am doing! :-)

Out of interest, how do you know that it is just fat that you lost? Also, why do you think that it is the keto that has made you lose the weight and not the significant caloric deficit?
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    more bumps
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fantastic advice! Thanks. :smile:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Still as good as the first time I read it.
  • ssizmur
    ssizmur Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Best thread EVER!!! So simple, so easy to understand, and so freaking TRUE!!! Burt, you are truly my new hero. :smooched:
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Bump for reference.
  • everydaymom
    everydaymom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great simple advice. Reseting my calorie goal and going to try this!
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post!!!! You did forget to mention, however, that muscle helps speed metabolism and ladies, it will not make you look bulky! Muscle replaces fat, and causes you to lose inches! You may not lose weight on the scale initially, but it will happen. You will, however, lose body fat, and who wouldn't want to speed up metabolism so you can lose more weight and eat more calories? :happy:
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post!!!! You did forget to mention, however, that muscle helps speed metabolism and ladies, it will not make you look bulky! Muscle replaces fat, and causes you to lose inches! You may not lose weight on the scale initially, but it will happen. You will, however, lose body fat, and who wouldn't want to speed up metabolism so you can lose more weight and eat more calories? :happy:
    "Resistance training (lifting weights) will improve your physique and increase your body's resting metabolic rate (calorie burn). "

He didn't forget :p He did however try to keep it as short as possible. OP said it would improve your physique and metabolic rate. He just left out the complicated explication (which could get rather long if you got into it, lessening the chance people would read the whole post).
  • bmc726
    bmc726 Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Trisha_e
    Trisha_e Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump!
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    This is awesome thank you! That website says my TDEE is over 2400 calories and I'm only eating 1200, so maybe this is why my weight is dropping very slowly, because I'm eating too little?
  • ldniz
    ldniz Posts: 13
    Options
    excellent thank you!
  • katerinajulia
    katerinajulia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump for later.