Level Obstacles: Lose Weight, Target Fat! (EASY!!)

Options

Replies

• roxannaellen
    roxannaellen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So when you get the calculation do you stay at that calorie intake even if you burned say 800 calories at the gym?

Thanks
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    So when you get the calculation do you stay at that calorie intake even if you burned say 800 calories at the gym?

Thanks

Your true "TDEE" is your total daily energy expenditure. So you would calculate that value with your average exercise.

However, let's say you do an extra hour at the gym than average - then you have burned those additional calories and would be well served to eat some of them back.
    Because of reading this post that someone else shared, I finally did the calculations to figure out my TDEE. Any other time I've read about it, I gave up because it was to much to comprehend/focus on! Having the link figure it out for me and then understanding how to figure the proper deficit was so unbelievably helpful! Thank you for sharing!!! I haven't lost weight for months now, and I have been exercising like crazy along with eating good. According to this, I need to eat about 600 more calories a day. At this point I'm willing to give it a go, since what I'm doing is obviously NOT working!

This made my day!! Please give it at least a month before you start weighing yourself again, because there may be a short term increase of a pound or two and you cannot let yourself be discouraged.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    b
  • cmriverside
    Options
    u
  • cmriverside
    Options
    m
  • cmriverside
    Options
    p
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :smile:
  • lrbassmom
    lrbassmom Posts: 123
    Options
    bumping so I can get this on my topics for later reading.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Bump because bump.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Most supportive friends on MFP!
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Thank you! As a newbie, this is easy to understand:)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Because of reading this post that someone else shared, I finally did the calculations to figure out my TDEE. Any other time I've read about it, I gave up because it was to much to comprehend/focus on! Having the link figure it out for me and then understanding how to figure the proper deficit was so unbelievably helpful! Thank you for sharing!!! I haven't lost weight for months now, and I have been exercising like crazy along with eating good. According to this, I need to eat about 600 more calories a day. At this point I'm willing to give it a go, since what I'm doing is obviously NOT working!
    That's awesome! Great to hear.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Most supportive friends on MFP!

I :heart: Burt.

p.s...I saw a vanity plate today that was "E-Man".
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    This is important information that needs sharing!
  • ihad
    Options

I think that is critical - it's important to have a good, clear information to start..
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I think that is critical - it's important to have a good, clear information to start..

Definitely. Wish I'd had it from the beginning.
  • ihad
    Options
    yes clowns are evil :) thanks for info

Yes they are.

Great post!!

Not all clowns. I once met a nice clown.
  • cycle247
    cycle247 Posts: 4
    Options
    i been doing this a week and feel better than ive felt the whole time i been on mfp
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    i been doing this a week and feel better than ive felt the whole time i been on mfp
    EExxaccttlyyy I know right lol.