Fitbit One...

Options
124»

Replies

• crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the FitBit devices have an accelerometer (like a Nintendo Wii) and other sensors and they can definitely tell the difference between a walk and a run. If yours is acting flaky, contact support. They will have you try a couple things and if it still doesn't work, they'll replace it for free if you're within your one-year warranty. My sister's was having various problems after 11 months of perfect functioning and they just sent her a FitBit One to replace her Ultra.

They have FANTASTIC customer support!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the FitBit devices have an accelerometer (like a Nintendo Wii) and other sensors and they can definitely tell the difference between a walk and a run. If yours is acting flaky, contact support. They will have you try a couple things and if it still doesn't work, they'll replace it for free if you're within your one-year warranty. My sister's was having various problems after 11 months of perfect functioning and they just sent her a FitBit One to replace her Ultra.

I've now exchanged 32 emails with them. I'm really not impressed with the customer support. I've now tried since February when I got it to work with them. I'd love to know who your sister used for customer support, the people I have been dealing with are not helpful. They have had me "reset" my fitbit several times and the problem beings again immediately. I have been told to let the battery die, and recharge it, reset it, unlink MFP, etc etc. They are the ones who in an email told me the device can't tell the difference between running and walking other than the "steps" are more, it can't tell calories burned accurately because it doesn't have a HRM feature. Its like the machines at the gym aren't accurate. This was not my own random thought, it was in one of the numerous emails. I'm clearly less then pleased and have requested a replacement but they just send another email to "fix" it. I've not found it fantastic support, was she emailing or actually got a real person? I went through the customer service.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I've now exchanged 32 emails with them. I'm really not impressed with the customer support. I've now tried since February when I got it to work with them. I'd love to know who your sister used for customer support, the people I have been dealing with are not helpful. They have had me "reset" my fitbit several times and the problem beings again immediately. I have been told to let the battery die, and recharge it, reset it, unlink MFP, etc etc. They are the ones who in an email told me the device can't tell the difference between running and walking other than the "steps" are more, it can't tell calories burned accurately because it doesn't have a HRM feature. Its like the machines at the gym aren't accurate. This was not my own random thought, it was in one of the numerous emails. I'm clearly less then pleased and have requested a replacement but they just send another email to "fix" it. I've not found it fantastic support, was she emailing or actually got a real person? I went through the customer service.

Who specifically have you been talking to at Fitbit?

Call them and post in their Help forum so we can all see.