What can I eat A LOT of?

Options

Replies

• 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Pickles. Even though they aren't really 0 calories when you eat the whole jar, they are a very low calorie snack if you get carried away.

Be mindful they are loaded with sodium if you buy in store. It is very easy to make homeade ones that are way lower in sodium and they stay good forever!
  • MadisonLeo
    Options
    If you can find a way to balance it with other foods such that you hit yoru calorie/macro goals for the day, you can eat whatever you want.

If you can't control yourself, then ice chips are about your only good option.

^^^^^THIS IS EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW

You can eat pretty much whatever you want that is NOT PROCESSED, but it all depends on how much you are willing to workout. You earn calories thru your burn. Burn to earn. I am putting that on a TShirt, so don't steal it! LOL
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    This has been my biggest problem and the hardest to break. I am used to "grazing" all day long when I'm at work, and it's been hard making that change. I still think about snacking even when I'm not hungry. But this program is about changing our behaviors, and I don't know about you, but if I keep looking for things to snack on I'll eventually get bored with it (no matter what it is), and go back to snacking on the things that got me here in the first place. So I'm working on a few small healthier snacks to get me through the day, but avoiding eating out of habit or boredom. It may be hard, but it is not impossible. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels! Find another distraction....music, exercise, whatever gets you through the day. Best of luck....you can DO THIS!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If you can find a way to balance it with other foods such that you hit yoru calorie/macro goals for the day, you can eat whatever you want.

You can eat pretty much whatever you want that is NOT PROCESSED, but it all depends on how much you are willing to workout. You earn calories thru your burn. Burn to earn. I am putting that on a TShirt, so don't steal it! LOL

Why, what's wrong with processed foods?
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If you need something crunchy. Try raw snow peas.

Oh you made me think of fresh, sweet, raw green string beans! I substitute them for chips and fries but they are a wonderful cheap snack!
  • ChefCord
    ChefCord Posts: 4
    Options
    Depending on your stand on artificail sweeteners... sugar free jello
  • kirstie1926
    Options
    raw radishes and turnips. they curb the crunching crave.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Steamed brocolli and/or cauliflower with hot sauce!!!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    edamame
  • veggiesalltheway
    Options
    Raw veggies. Too much fruit = too much sugar. Try making a HUGE salad using lettuce that is cut up small, add chopped raw veggies and maybe a chopped apple or a small handful of raisins. Splash with olive oil (measure), lemon juice, vinegar, and eat slowly, chewing everything completely. The calorie count is low for the amount of food you'll be eating, and by the time you are done, if you chew completely and eat slowly, you will feel full and you're jaw will need a rest! LOL- Good luck (I have the same issue) and I'd love it f the answer was chocolate covered pretzels!
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    green veggies
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Too much of anything is bad for you, you have to know how to keep a balance in ur cravings. Its ok to indulge sometimes, helps you from binge eating
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    "If you can find a way to balance it with other foods such that you hit yoru calorie/macro goals for the day, you can eat whatever you want.
    If you can't control yourself, then ice chips are about your only good option."

I agree with the statement above....if you get used to munching on something all the time, its easy to munch on the wrong things when you are at a weaker state.

The post that said water...even flavored water...is a good idea....its healthy and non caloric
    good luck!
  • MadisonLeo
    Options

Why, what's wrong with processed foods?

A few things are wrong with processed foods:

GMO. 90% of all processed foods are made with GMO. If you don't know what that is, research it. Let's just say it is food made by the world's number one maker of poison.

If it is processed, then usually a great deal of sodium is used to help preserve it and give it shelf life. No bueno.

FAT. Lots of fat in most processed foods. If it is fat free, then check the sugar and sodium content.

Empty calories. Processed foods have no nutritional content. Added "Vitamins and minerals" can rarely be absorbed into the body in any way sufficient enough to provide nutrition. And it usually just makes you more hungry. Pringles - you can't have just one!
  • chillrae
    chillrae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    A cup of roasted kabocha squash with lots of salt and black pepper is only 40 calories!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    kale
    egg whites in some form or with low carb veggies
    egg whites with tuna is fairly low if you have it with mustard
    any low carb veggie
    any leafy veggie

it might be better to focus on eating more protein instead
    of what you can eat a lot of for cals

try increasing your protein to 100g and see how you feel
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I had sugar snap peas to day and grape tomatoes and i found a yogurt dresing at Walmart it is a chipolte ranch dresing and the dressing is only 25 calories for 2 tablespoons Very Filling
  • eThought32
    eThought32 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I occasionally enjoy bell peppers. Sweet enough to the taste. Eat 'em raw or dip 'em in peanut butter or low fat ranch.

Fruits!! Yes, too much fruit can mean a boat load of sugar. But it's all natural sugars. And once you exercise, you burn it off. Slowly, but surely. My latest late night snack has been apples and peanut butter. Try better'n peanut butter. Should be located in the organic/health food section of your grocery store. Various flavors. 100 cal per 2 tbsp vs 120-200 cal per 1 tbsp.

Popcorn. Not buttered nor heavily salted. Keep it plain or dash A LITTLE bit of salt or cinnamon and nutmeg.

Water before and after every meal and snack to keep you full so you're not taking in so much.