What can I eat A LOT of?

Options

Replies

• rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    broccoli florets. fat free ranch if you want.
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    My favorite is to cut open and eat an entire pomegranate, one seed at a time. But they're not available all year (they keep months in the fridge, though).

HOWEVER, that has been the biggest change I've made, giving up the need to be constantly moving food into my mouth, especially when I'm sitting at my desk. Putting a book or music in my Ipod then listening to it at work helps distract me (I do a lot of visual work so it's okay). Gotta stop that munching stuff.

holy ****!!!!! it takes a week to eat this fruit...seriously how many seeds are in that fruit..i had to throw half away..i got frustrated just eating it..
  • TheLittleGingerDoesWeightLoss
    Options
    edamame

That's like french fries to me!
  • rocket_ace
    Options
    sugar free jello

^this
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    Organic popcorn made with a teaspoon of coconut oil over the stove with some seasoning salt. Crunchy and yummy!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Stacy's Pita Chips!
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    very good ethought32
  • rocket_ace
    Options
    My favorite is to cut open and eat an entire pomegranate, one seed at a time. But they're not available all year (they keep months in the fridge, though).

HOWEVER, that has been the biggest change I've made, giving up the need to be constantly moving food into my mouth, especially when I'm sitting at my desk. Putting a book or music in my Ipod then listening to it at work helps distract me (I do a lot of visual work so it's okay). Gotta stop that munching stuff.

holy ****!!!!! it takes a week to eat this fruit...seriously how many seeds are in that fruit..i had to throw half away..i got frustrated just eating it..

you can fairly quickly crumble them all out in a bowl of water. also, if you aren't afraid of bursting a few, then bang it around a little to lossen the seeds then cut one side and pour out.
  • clotho
    clotho Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Raw spinach.
  • nrbrake
    nrbrake Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat! I love to eat and so I needed something I could eat a lot of without sacrificing my calories! CUCUMBERS! I love them. They have a lot of water so they fill me up too. You can have a large cucumber for less than 50 calories. Add a little bit of salt if you need to!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If you can find a way to balance it with other foods such that you hit yoru calorie/macro goals for the day, you can eat whatever you want.

If you can't control yourself, then ice chips are about your only good option.

^^^^^THIS IS EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW

You can eat pretty much whatever you want that is NOT PROCESSED, but it all depends on how much you are willing to workout. You earn calories thru your burn. Burn to earn. I am putting that on a TShirt, so don't steal it! LOL

Why, what's wrong with processed foods?

A few things are wrong with processed foods:

GMO. 90% of all processed foods are made with GMO. If you don't know what that is, research it. Let's just say it is food made by the world's number one maker of poison.

If it is processed, then usually a great deal of sodium is used to help preserve it and give it shelf life. No bueno.

FAT. Lots of fat in most processed foods. If it is fat free, then check the sugar and sodium content.

Empty calories. Processed foods have no nutritional content. Added "Vitamins and minerals" can rarely be absorbed into the body in any way sufficient enough to provide nutrition. And it usually just makes you more hungry. Pringles - you can't have just one!

Ah, so you're one of *those* people...
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Air-popped popcorn is the way to go. Five cups for about 100 calories. Cut that in half, and use the other 50 calories to drizzle something yummy over top (like a tablespoon of warm caramel syrup).
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Peeps! Five of them are only 140 cals! LMAO

In all seriousness, I think popcorn (real stuff) with some butter and salt is the way to go.
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you can find a way to balance it with other foods such that you hit yoru calorie/macro goals for the day, you can eat whatever you want.

If you can't control yourself, then ice chips are about your only good option.

^^^^^THIS IS EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW

You can eat pretty much whatever you want that is NOT PROCESSED, but it all depends on how much you are willing to workout. You earn calories thru your burn. Burn to earn. I am putting that on a TShirt, so don't steal it! LOL

Why, what's wrong with processed foods?

A few things are wrong with processed foods:

GMO. 90% of all processed foods are made with GMO. If you don't know what that is, research it. Let's just say it is food made by the world's number one maker of poison.

If it is processed, then usually a great deal of sodium is used to help preserve it and give it shelf life. No bueno.

FAT. Lots of fat in most processed foods. If it is fat free, then check the sugar and sodium content.

Empty calories. Processed foods have no nutritional content. Added "Vitamins and minerals" can rarely be absorbed into the body in any way sufficient enough to provide nutrition. And it usually just makes you more hungry. Pringles - you can't have just one!

Ah, so you're one of *those* people...

I recently saw an article that said how much money companies like Frito Lay put into making their products as addicting as possible. Additionally, it is proven that the more a food is processed, the more it raises your risk of cancer. So if by "one of 'those' people" you mean informed, then yes I suppose she is one of those people! As am I!
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thin slices of bell peppers

Thin celery sticks

I often cut items very thinly so that I can snack while I work--and the thin strips of vegies tricks my brain into thinking I have a whole bunch of food.

I also have thin slices of apples or pears.

If it's protein I eat almond, sometimes I slice them in half too---and eat them slowly.

Good luck!
  • Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    celery!! Big crunch very little calories....
  • sunkist5555
    Options
    Special K makes chips (30 per serving, 110 calories)
    strawberries (8 for 40 calories)
    watermelon (mostly water, super yummy)
    Apples and honey (1 apple and 1 T honey= 140 calories)
  • purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like pretzel sticks and popcorn
  • ravenwork
    ravenwork Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Raw fruits and vegetables are the way to go here, almost all low calorie, and the nutrient density is generally high. Carrots are a bit high in sugars actually, and you get a lot more of their beta-carotene when they are cooked. They wouldn't be a first choice here for me, but they are okay. I suspect you really have to just try some different things, and mix it up. There is a nearly endless variety of fruits and vegetables out there. Two that I like, and for which it is pretty much impossible to overeat, are raw turnip slices and raw sliced cabbage. Surprise yourself.
  • TriciaLB
    TriciaLB Posts: 24
    Options
    Soup (not creamy), popcorn, veggies.