What can I eat A LOT of?

Options

Replies

• 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If you can find a way to balance it with other foods such that you hit yoru calorie/macro goals for the day, you can eat whatever you want.

If you can't control yourself, then ice chips are about your only good option.

^^^^^THIS IS EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW

You can eat pretty much whatever you want that is NOT PROCESSED, but it all depends on how much you are willing to workout. You earn calories thru your burn. Burn to earn. I am putting that on a TShirt, so don't steal it! LOL

Why, what's wrong with processed foods?

A few things are wrong with processed foods:

GMO. 90% of all processed foods are made with GMO. If you don't know what that is, research it. Let's just say it is food made by the world's number one maker of poison.

If it is processed, then usually a great deal of sodium is used to help preserve it and give it shelf life. No bueno.

FAT. Lots of fat in most processed foods. If it is fat free, then check the sugar and sodium content.

Empty calories. Processed foods have no nutritional content. Added "Vitamins and minerals" can rarely be absorbed into the body in any way sufficient enough to provide nutrition. And it usually just makes you more hungry. Pringles - you can't have just one!

Ah, so you're one of *those* people...

I recently saw an article that said how much money companies like Frito Lay put into making their products as addicting as possible. Additionally, it is proven that the more a food is processed, the more it raises your risk of cancer. So if by "one of 'those' people" you mean informed, then yes I suppose she is one of those people! As am I!

Here we go again with the labeling of you are one of those ppl and so forth....nutritionally.. pre packaged preserved, shelf life foods are not as healthy as fresh,ready to eat foods like fruits and veggies. Just like home made food (because you control what you add) are not as high in sodium and other things that restaurants/manufacturers put in their stuff. When you eat and cook from items usually located on the outside isle of most grocery stores you will live a much healthier lifestyle than someone who buys most if not all of their groceries in the isles or eats out most of the time. I have done the research, it all boils down to what your goals are. You dont have to get rid of the crap but your body deserves atleast the chance to go 1 month without the crap and see for yourself if there is a difference. We are all made differently you can have more sodium than I can probably so frito lay has a dedicated customer lol I however am a dedicated customer to dole :D and not their canned stuff
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    WHISKEY, a great snack.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Frozen Grapes are awesome! Like candy

That sounds good! Gonna try that. Thanks. Which are better for it...purple or green?
  • roxy415
    roxy415 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    sooooo true!! I too am one of *those* ppl! there is some pretty funky stuff being pumped into people without them even knowing!! that being said..... I do indulge occasionally in some things.... and although i would love to be anti artificial sweetener.... its got ahold of me and i havent quite given it up yet.....I dont use much but i do use it.... i just do my best to avoid the bulk of over processed, over stimulating, hyper caloric foods!
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Here is a list of negative calorie foods. No that doesn't mean the
    foods have negative calories ;) I wish lol. What it means is that
    when you eat these foods raw or in some cases slightly cooked with nothing on them
    your body burns more calories digesting and processing them than what
    is in the actual food itself. For a healthy weight loss and a little
    boost add some of these foods to your diet each day. Most are full of
    nutrients and won't weigh you down.

Thought this might help some of you :)
    Jules

Fruits

apple
    cranberries
    grapefruit
    lemon
    mango
    orange
    pineapple
    raspberries
    strawberries
    tangerine

Vegetables

asparagus
    beet
    broccoli
    cabbage (green)
    carrot
    cauliflower
    celery
    Chile peppers (hot)
    cucumber
    dandelion
    endive
    garden cress
    garlic
    green beans
    lettuce
    onion
    papaya
    radishes
    spinach
    turnip
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

That sounds good! Gonna try that. Thanks. Which are better for it...purple or green?

I dont know I always buy the red seedless but if they didnt have those I would have to try the green :happy: But be warned...they are very very sweet, I dont know what it is I may have to research it one day why they get so sweet when frozen.
  • TheLittleGingerDoesWeightLoss
    Options

Personally, I find the purple ones more sweet and the green ones more sour.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much eating a bucket of fage 0% greek yogurt mixed with pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and a little bit of torani sugar free pumpkin pie syrup (you could easily substitute sugar, truvia, agave, honey, etc). 257 cals, 38g protein, 8g fiber Keeps me full for ages!

If I just feel like munching on something, I eat air popped popcorn. If you don't have an air popper, you can make it in the microwave with a brown paper bag (http://www.squawkfox.com/2010/07/27/popcorn-recipe-gourmet-popcorn/). I like to top it with garlic sauteed in a little olive oil, and then sprinkle with a little sea salt
  • MzJoy2000
    Options
    Really? Ice chips? That's all ya got???? Me, I would choose nuts - almonds, walnuts, sunflower nuts...just a few go a long way.
  • dluce2569
    dluce2569 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bell Peppers
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    Really? Ice chips? That's all ya got???? Me, I would choose nuts - almonds, walnuts, sunflower nuts...just a few go a long way.

I was going to go into my chomping ice ruins the enamel on your teeth but so not worth it to such a ridiculous snack suggestion lol
  • Joys74
    Joys74 Posts: 1
    Options
    CARBmaster dairy blend (yoguart)... 4g carbs 60 calories 3g sugar and 1.5g fat
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I go one step further to the sweeter side - BLACK grapes. yummy!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

For someone asking what they can eat A LOT of, nuts would be one of the last things I'd suggest.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of apples, usually two at a time. They are filling and healthy. Oh, and delicious. For me, apples "hit the spot" better than snacking of veggies most of the time. I think because there is a bit of sweetness to them. But when I just need to fill my belly, I typically make a salad of raw cabbage, grape tomatoes, green peppers, jalapeno, broccoli, etc. Then top it with hot sauce, a low calorie dressing, or vinegar.
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    CARBmaster dairy blend (yoguart)... 4g carbs 60 calories 3g sugar and 1.5g fat

This is what I have instead of greek yogurt! You can eat twice as much for fewer calories, more protein, and way cheaper than greek yogurt.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I know there is alot of controversy about artificial sweeteners, but I love to drink flavored teas with artificial sweeteners right now I am using a generic splenda but after that I want to try Truvia. It helps me feel fuller, and makes you feel satisifed like you ate something but 0 calories. I do have to watch the caffeine though and get drink caffeine free in the evenings. My favorite so far is peppermint tea. I use one tablespoon of sweetener to one regular sized coffee cup.

Try stepping down the sweetener 1 teaspoon at a time. You can get used to less and less. I used to make 1 gallon of iced tea with 1/4 cup sugar ... now I can't stand sweetened iced tea.

Many fruity teas taste great with just a touch of honey (sweeter than sugar). Lipton Pyramid Vanilla Caramel Truffle with milk & honey is yummy .
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Vegetables. I made some garlic green beans with lemon for lunch using only 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, and they're so good and so filling that I feel like I'm cheating.

I agree on the green beans! String beans are filling and very few calories, I make a pot ful and enjoy them for several days
  • metermaid11
    metermaid11 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my favorite filling low-calorie snack. I sprinkle hot sauce on it then eat it one kernel at a time. It takes me longer to eat it, and I feel full when I am finished.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

I go one step further to the sweeter side - BLACK grapes. yummy!

Black grapes!!! Stop the press I am 36 I have never seen a black grape. Where mind you do I find these? I shop at the very few local grocery stores and they arent very big on carrying a plethora of fruit just basics :grumble: Ugh I am missing out I just know it!