What is your daily calorie allowance?

Options

Replies

• Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    The amount that some of you eat is making me so sad.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    MFP says it should be about 1440; I usually only eat about 1200 of those. I choose foods that are fuel and cut out all the junk. Be my friend and you can see my diary. I only started filling it out today, but this is my standard, every day meal plan. Some people may get bored with the veggie burger/boxed vegetables/slice of sugar-free bread and apple twice a day, but I find that this consistency makes eating MUCH less stressful for me. I work out everyday and have had no problems with fatigue as a result of my plan (note the extra protein in there from the veggie burger).

So far, I've lost ~25 pounds with this diet and exercise. It's sustainable, easy, and tastes good (and it's vegetarian!)

nb: yes, I do sometimes cheat, but I on those days, it's nice to know that I eat well the other days. Makes me feel MUCH less guilty and enjoy the indulgences I do have.

I understand this completely. :)
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    5'6", 303 pounds, exercise 3x a week for an hour each, 1700 calories. :)
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", 122 lbs.

I started doing New Rules of Lifting for Women a few months ago, and have since stopped counting my calories. I find I am eating healthier since doing it, my weight hasn't changed, but my shape has, and my clothes are looser.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    5'7", CW 160-161, started this time at 170 (was 200 a couple of years ago).

My daily goal is 1770 plus exercise calories so I usually eat 2000+. I run about 25 miles a week, and take two one-hour Pilates classes a week for overall strength and flexibility.
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1200 but occasionally end up at 1400.

I run 5 miles a day and and strength train for 30 minutes a day.

I'm 5'5
    I weigh around 115

I'm healthy and fit.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    1700-1800 (about a 15% cut from my TDEE) I'm 5'6'', 133lbs, exercise 6 days a week usually, 3x a week weights.
  • ispearing
    ispearing Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 1240. Sometimes i intake up to 1450 calories depending. I work out on average 5 times a week although I push for 7 times a week . My workouts consist of 40mins of jillian michaels the biggest loser on the xbox kinect, then about another 45 mins of hip hop dance experience also on the xbox kinect. I find it fun and exciting and it doesnt feel like I am working out because it is fun but trust me it is a very good workout I sweat so much.
    Height" 5ft 3inches
    My starting weight was : 193
    My current weight is : 182
    My goal weight is :168
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm 30, 5'3", 108 lbs.

I work out 5-7 days a week, and my calorie allowance is about 1400-1500 if I'm not working out (though I do not beat myself up for going over), and on days I work out, 1900-2200 depending on the workout. I do a lot of strength training and lifting in addition to running several times a week, and my goal is make sure I am getting enough calories to build more muscle, and I would say it's working pretty well, even on days I have a deficit.

Body fat percentage is 19%, and I've lost an inch off my waist, even though technically I've gained weight since starting (starting weight was 98 lbs... I was thin, but a bit flabby), but I'm actually smaller, and my body is tighter and toned (my clothing size is still the same, except that I seem to fit into them better and just look better naked!), so who cares about that silly number on the scale? :) I can actually SEE ab muscles where before, it was must post-pregnancy pooch. And my arms and shoulders look strong instead of gangly. My *kitten* looks AMAZING. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

I eat back (or try to) all of my exercise calories, and pay attention to how much protein I'm getting, since I don't eat much meat.

I am shocked at how low some of previous posters calorie allowances are. Even on a sedentary day, I eat over 1400... hmmm...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2000 calories a day. I do strength training for about 20 minutes, 3 days a week. I don't do any cardio routine, per se, but I do try to keep my endurance, and I run instead of walking up the stairs, when possible.

TDEE - 2488
    Height - 5'4"
    Current Weight - 200
    Goal Weight - 150
    Age - 39
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    im liz, 5'5, weigh 168lbs...working twords the 150's then around 130's. Im currently doing the 30ds on day 8 right now. I also do hour long walks 4-6 days a week and stay pretty active at home. i lost 8lbs so far since last month, however im just gettin over TOM so i could be a lil lower, wainting for water weight to go down. I eat 1300-1700 a day normally and 1-2 days in the 2000s.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1600-1750/day depending on how much exercise I do that day.

I'm turning 41 next month and i'm 5'2.9

SW- 192
    CW-141.4
    GW- 135

I exercise 3-5 days/week...usually 4-5 for anywhere between 30 - 60 minutes depending on what i'm doing that day. I do SL 5 x5 3 days/week and cardio (intervals on the treadmill) 2 days/week.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Daily calorie goal: 1898

Height: 5'2"

Current weight: 102 lbs

Workout notes: 6 days a week (equal distribution of cardio and strength training). Don't know what my calorie burn is anymore because I stopped tracking months ago and I don't use MFP's calorie calculator.

This question is mainly for women! I was wondering what your daily calorie goal is. Also, please include your height, how much you work out, and, if you're comfortable, how much you weigh.

I think I'm eating too few calories but I'd like to see what others are doing!

Thanks ladies!
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The amount that some of you eat is making me so sad.

agree :(
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11"

SW 206
    CW 201
    GW 160

I work out 30 minutes to 2 hours six days a week. I eat 1800-3000 calories depending on my daily burn and losing weight and inches. Not sure why my ticker only says one pound loss, lost about 5 pounds. Its slow but steady and sustainable and I get to eat. I still get shocked by how little some people eat!
  • Lisamonicacarlson
    Lisamonicacarlson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm set up for 1200. Exercing usually adds between 200-600 calories.
    I'm 32, 5'1"
    SW 116
    CW 107
    GW 103

When I exercise, I usually eat my calories back.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    I know this thread is mainly for women but I found it very interesting, I also felt very lucky when I thought about how many calories I can consume, I will stop complaining to my wife...

My wife got me onto this website and so for my post to be relevant I will share her details since she doesn't really post up on the forums.

She has 2000kcal a day when she is trying to lose weight but she is on maintenance at the moment which is 2500kcal. Her stats are roughly 6' tall, 170lbs (78 odd kilograms) and she works out at the gym doing quite heavy weights four times a week and is generally quite active in her day to day life. She doesn't really plan on losing any more weight (she is very thin already) and just wants to get stronger and she uses MFP to monitor her protein/carb/fat intake as much as she does for her overall caloric intake.

My stats just to shed some light on the inner workings of man are...
    I am 6'3" and was at 99.6kg (220lb) when I first signed up here and am hoping to lose atleast 10kg (22lb) maybe a little more. I currently take 2300kcal a day which sees me losing roughly a pound a week and I workout three times a week at the gym to help me achieve this. I lift weights and end with a 10 minute or so cardio workout for fitness. I am not overly active in my day to day life, I walk about half an hour a day from Monday to Friday to get to and from work but my work is at a computer.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    1700 + my exercise calories back.

I'm 5'1.
    SW: 245lbs
    CW: 176.8lbs

For anyone curious about figuring out where you should be at calorie wise, check this out for a quick review:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

Also, just know that MFP's calculations do expect you to eat your exercise calories back.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    1375-ish, only use that number as a guide, not strict adherence. Usually about 1500.
    Age 30, 5'8"
    SW 253
    CW 245
    GW: 165

Workout is 45 minutes of cardio 4 times a week, usually more. This will likely change soon.

Sometimes I eat back my workout calories, sometimes I don't.

Edit: A large percentage of my diet is fat and protein which makes me feel fuller.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am set at 1300 calories. I sometimes eat my exercise calories back. But right now, I am only burning 200 or so a day with the treadmill. I do that about 4-5 days a week. I am starting a 5k runner app. Just started today and will do that 3 times a week. I will also start jillian after another 10 pounds loss. For me, 1300 is more than enough.

I started at 185 and I am now 173. After about a 3 1/2 week time frame. Oh and I am 5'8 and 28 years old.