What is your daily calorie allowance?

Options

Replies

• tgodsonly
    tgodsonly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stay roughly around 1400 calories on the weekdays but on the weekends I blow it everytime i usually eat 1800-2000 on Friday and sat only. It looks like you are still successful in your weight lost. Would you say that this is doable and you can still loose weight? I've been stuck at 150 for the last three weeks and I work out hard roughly 400 calories burned daily mon-frid and 600 calories on the weekend. Do you have any tips for me
    Sw 158
    Cw 150
    Gw 130
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    1450 net. One day a week at maintenance (1800-1900) is ok.

I always eat back exersize calories.

5'4, currently 146lb. Lost 18lb in 2 months
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is currently 1200 to 1400. The minimum. I also work out every day and I am on my feet all the time.
    But I only log the calories I burn at the gym. I am 5'5" and I currently weigh 168. GW is 145,
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    5'0, 116 lbs, workout 6 x week for around 90 mins = 450 exercise cals

I eat 1700-2000 5 days a week, and 2200-2500 2 days a week

This is on maintenance, with very slow weight loss - like one lb every 2 months.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    1490 + exercise calories so usually I am allowed around 2000-2300 but tend more towards 1500-1800.
    I workout 6 days a week, cardio and strength. 5'10 and 138 Ibs.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", weigh 218, burn off about 1000 cal/day, walk more than 10k steps/day, & my goal is it eat about 1660-1800 cal/day. However, I am limited to how many carbs how much sodium I'm able to have a day.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/680246-tdee-bmr-what-they-are-and-what-to-do-with-them

Important! Women aren't eating enough calories. I am at 1800-2000 calories a day with or without exercise. You should read this information and decide for yourself. I want to feed my muscles and burn the fat! I do exercise rigorously 5-6 hours a week.

That was a really interesting read as was the other post put up on page four by Joy_Joy_. I particularly liked the calorie calculator linked in that thread quoted above which told me both my basal metabolic calorie requirements as well as how many calories I should be consuming to maintain my weight at my current exercise levels. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ - I have only just realised that when I do work out at the gym I am actually under my basal rate on that given day. I may need to adjust my caloric intake slightly to include an extra ~200kcal a day on the days I work out, just to be safe. Doing this also gives me a little extra incentive to hit the gym if I know I can have that extra bit of food. Now I have to convince the missus that this is a good idea and she already is envious of how much I can eat.

Is this what you do Tysonloveswei when you work out, you take your 2400kcal a day but bump that up to 3000 on the days when you are working out? I don't do the same level of exercise as you do I wouldn't think so I won't bump it up that much. I guess the next thing I need to investigate is how many calories are burned during a one hour weights workout with a little cardio at the end, I think that is one for another thread...
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    2,110 (24/7) :smile:
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    5'6'
    standing job
    exercise 2-3x week
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    After further reading ignore most of what I had written in my above post, not the praise for the threads that were linked but the rest of it. I am better getting the hang of this and don't want to hijack this thread either. I can't seem to delete my post though?
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    set to lose 2lbs a week
    I'm 5'8"
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Age 61
    5'6
    CW - 222
    GW - 150
    goal is to lose 1 lb per week
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I'm 27.... 5 ft 9.... 133 lbs!!!

Was eating around 1500-1600 calories

As of today, I am going to maintain my weight, so will have around 1700-1800 calories a day. I work out min of 4 days a week, for about an hour and a half a session, Try to burn around 500-600 calories

I eat ALOT of oats.....Ha!!

xx
  • Ciarad7
    Ciarad7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    3000 - i'm trying to gain but for the last few weeks I was eating 2800 and lost two pounds.
  • lell22
    lell22 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Ok i'm 5'7'' and i work out minimum of 3 times a week for an hour session, some weeks i am going gym 4-5times, depends on social plans.

I started on here properly in Jan 13.

SW - 196lbs
    CW - 175lbs (21lbs lost - yay)
    GW1 - 161 (Hopefully by the end of May for my holiday) And i will continue to try and lose weight there after ....
    GW2 - 154

I have been on 1200 calories a day since starting and at first i was always hungry, but now i have adapted to it. I have Oat So Simple porridge with semi skimmed milk for brekkie with tea or i have started having Muller Corner breakfast yogurts too.

Lunch is either toast or salad with Tuna, Prawns, Ham etc ...

Dinners vary, last night i had fish, salad and new potatoes. The other night after the gym i was hungry and we had a fry up, bacon sausages, beans, toast (delish)

My main thing is if i have wanted something i have had it, either a healthier version or knew that the day before going out to a resturant and the day after i had to be excellent. Alcohol is a major downfall so i have found that i have stopped drinking as much unless it is a social occassion, not sharing a bottle of wine on a friday night with the Boyf like we used too (He too has lost a stone and half from eating better with me and gym'ing)

Thing is if you are over one day you need to be good the next. When i work out i let myself dip into the calories sometimes, but i try not to use them all. On average i do 30mins on the treadmill running and walking up hill (interval training) and i lose 300 cals and then i do weights and floor work after .

Tonight I have BoxerFit - hardest class i do, its a killer and i still only give myself 350 cals that way i'm not tempted to eat more even though i work harder than i do in the gym so think its more like 500 cals i burn - i ALWAYS lose the day after that class!

So good luck girls ... Remember if your hungry, EAT! But make sure its low calories or something thats going to be worth the extra calories ... I hate eating and then having that guilty feeling and thats what i found i had when i started on 1200 cals so i made sure i stuck too it. As i approach my goal weight i will up my calories so i can teach my body to ,maintain the weight and not gain weight back on quickly like i have done on previous occassions ...

Good luck and hoppe this helped?
    x
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5
    Sex: Female
    Weight: 136.7

I eat at least TDEE-15% = 1525

Don't net below my BMR = 1240

I exercise 3-4 times a week.

Working for me - losing about a pound a week.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    5'3"
    117 pounds
    Currently eating 1600-1700 per day, planning on upping to 1800, maybe more, and hoping to maintain there.
    I exercise about 2 hours a day.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    This question is mainly for women! I was wondering what your daily calorie goal is. Also, please include your height, how much you work out, and, if you're comfortable, how much you weigh.

I think I'm eating too few calories but I'd like to see what others are doing!

Thanks ladies!

5'5" tall, 138 pounds

I lift weights 4 times per week, about an hour per session. I do cardio twice a week, about 45 minutes each time.

My calorie goal is 1775 which is between 15-20% lower than my TDEE.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    21 years
    5'7
    SW 67kg
    CW 64kg
    GW down to anything under 60kg

(So currently about 145lb aiming at 130lb I am guessing roughly?)

Currently eating 1400 a day, was on 1200 a day. I was told I should be eating 1600 a day by a gym instructor after a full body scan, however I tend to eat back a portion of my exercise calories (500+) every day as I am aiming for 6days cardio 4days weights a week. Hence, my thing is set at 1400 but I rarely eat only 1400.

I only lost those few kgs when I started eating more, so 1200 is not enough for me!

My main staples are rice, spinach, salmon, sashimi, tofu, soy milk, edamame and who could forget protein powder :D

That all being said, I am hypothyroid so my body is a little crazy in regards to my metabolism, so remember that everyone is different and tailor this to your body. There is no magic number!

edit: spelling
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    I eat 2000 a day, and don't eat back my exercise cals. My TDEE is about 2500 maybe a bit less so I'm eating less than that to lose weight.

I do Insanity workouts (month 1) 6 times a week, walk approximately an hour a day to and from classes, and sometimes do little extra things at the gym.

I'm 5'5, 143 lbs with 8lbs more to go, though i'm trying to focus on losing body fat rather than obsessing about the scale at the moment.