What is your daily calorie allowance?

Options

Replies

• albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4", 159 lbs. Goal #1 is 145. Sun-Thurs I typically eat 1200-1400, and Fri and Sat are higher (often one *cheat-ish meal* where I can only estimate the cals, such as a restaurant or friends/parents cooking for me, estimated ~2500, and another day 1600-1800). If I have plans or an event, I'll move one of the higher-cal days. My avg intake (calculated every week) is around the 1500-1700 range. I exercise a lot- around 7-8 50-minute fitness classes a week (half Bootcamp, half intense Zumba) and lots of city walking.

I've lost 8.5 lbs in slightly over 4 weeks eating this way! I even won a Diet Bet!
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    5"5
    CW: 170lbs (77kg)
    Aim Intake (averaged over week): 1635- eat more on weights days

Cardio 4 X (HIT, treadmill)
    Weights 2 X
    Maintenance 2 X (walk 1 hr or 7,500 steps)

Otherwise sedentary.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    5'2.5", 128lb. I generally net around 1500, but eat back all of my exercise cals, so I gross around 1800-2200 on any given day. I lift 4x a week, and do cardio most days, 30 min or so on lifting days and more on non-lifting. I aim to burn around 4000/week.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    5"10, age 43.

MFP calculates my daily goal as 1610 net.

Exercise I try to walk 30 minutes a day, minimum, PLUS I try to get 7000 steps a day on my pedometer (30 minutes of active fast walking is only about 3000 of those steps). I am also doing some strength training, though I'm starting slowly on that.

I've done a lot of BMR and TDEE calculations assuming different body fat percentages. Most of them put the MFP goal too close to my BMR.

So: I've left my MFP goal as is, but I ran the numbers as "lightly active," I did the TDEE-20% calculations for a range of body fats that likely includes mine, and I came up with a mental goal of about 1700-1800 calories a day.
    In practice this means that I aim to fall between 1500 and 1800 calories, and I don't panic if one day a week falls at 1900 or 2000, because all those numbers are below my range of TDEE calculations.

I'm going to get my RMR tested tomorrow through my work Wellness Program! Get to see what the real math is like!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1''.
    I workout 5-6 days a week.
    Yes, I'm comfortable.
    And I weigh 113.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, 169lbs and age 31.

I have MFP set to 1550/day and that is the absolute lowest I'll go (usually I'll go up to 1600-1700) on non workout days. I've been eating this way since the beginning of Jan (I was eating 1400-1450 before that). I work an office job so I'm fairly sedentary however I'm also a mom of 2 little boys so I'm usually on the go when I'm not working.

I run 10km-13km 3x/week and I try to eat back at least half my calories or more.

Over the last 6+ months that I've been using MFP, my monthly weight loss has averaged 10lbs/month (although it's more like 7lbs/month now).
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    5'2

SW 187
    CW 156
    GW 130ish

eating 1600-1700 calories per day. Run 3 days a week, do Insanity 3 days a week.
  • HiddenSerenity13
    Options
    myfitnesspal has my goal set at 1200 but I never make it that high.
    generally speaking I eat around 500 calories max and after exercise I am always in the negative.
    32 years old
    5'4"
    sw = 158lb on jan 1 2013
    cw = 128lbs
    gw = 110ish lbs
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    This is where I feel OLD. And my metabolism has definitely slowed down a LOT since I was young and ate a lot (I'm 54). Which is why I was slim until 45 and then gained a few pounds a year after that (which I have now lost).

The good news about getting old is I am not at all hungry at 1230 net. I have a hard time now imagining eating more (I will eat more when/if I drop these last 4 pounds). I just had a slice of leftover pizza for lunch. One tasted great. Put the second one in my mouth and went YUCK - I don't want that. Split a really nice piece of baklava with my husband for dessert (145 calories). The cake not only looked too big even to split, but was (according to MFP) 1500 calories/slice. No wonder it's easy to get fat.

Your body really does learn to regulate itself if you listen to it.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, 5'6, and 125lbs (give or take).

I have my target set to 1660 and I eat most of my exercise cals back, so usually I'm eating between 1800-2100. I work out 5-6 days/week. I'm only looking to maintain and improve my fitness level though... as well as repair my metabolism. So far, so good :)
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    5ft 5 and 190lbs here. I shoot for 2057 Calories daily. This is my tdee - 20% so I don't eat back exercise calories. I just make sure I dedicate a minimum of 3 hours per week to exercise.
    I do lots of yoga, walking, and strength training. As well as all the things that go along with being a stay at home mom of 2 young children.

I hope that helps.

Edit. I've also been going WAY over lately.:grumble:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    myfitnesspal has my goal set at 1200 but I never make it that high.
    generally speaking I eat around 500 calories max and after exercise I am always in the negative.
    32 years old
    5'4"
    sw = 158lb on jan 1 2013
    cw = 128lbs
    gw = 110ish lbs

Jesus. You realize that's ED territory, right? And that you're completely trashing whatever's remaining of your metabolism? I seriously recommend you speak to your doctor and a nutritionist about your current path. Your profile says you want to set a good, healthy example for your kids - to be brutally honest, you're not if that's truly the way you're "nourishing" your body.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This question is mainly for women! I was wondering what your daily calorie goal is. Also, please include your height, how much you work out, and, if you're comfortable, how much you weigh.

I think I'm eating too few calories but I'd like to see what others are doing!

Thanks ladies!

Current daily calorie goal is 1670 (just upped from 1470 this week)

Height 5"2'
    Work out - 4-5 days a week. 2-3 are aqua classes. 1-2 days of strength training
    Starting weight - 245
    Current Weight - 192
    Goal Weight - 141
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    im 5'3
    227 lbs
    calories to reach daily 1940
    Havent reached them lol need to be hungry to reach them and so far since I started changing my diet I am not hungry lol May need to exercise more to get hungrier but I am too lazy atm. Set goals when I hit 200 I will really start exercising (i love to run) and weight lifting
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I calculated my TDEE online and it came up with 1466. If I exercise I might eat some of those cals too. I find it barely doable for me to eat 1466. I like to eat. 5'2 cw 146 gw 137

I looked at your diary and it looks like your protein intake is low. Maybe if you increased that you wouldn't feel so hungry. I was eating 1470 for months and once I upped my protein to 30% and made an effort to get at least 100g every day I didn't have that all the time hungry feeling.

If you have any questions send me a PM.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I am now at maintenance eating up to 1700 calories sometimes less especially if I had a cheat day and gained a pound or 2 and if that happens I eat around 1500 to get the few I gained off

SW 146
    GW 125 (which I'ved achieved)

I walk about 20 minutes 4 x a week

I just started doing Jillian Michaels no more trouble zones to try and tone up

I am 5'3" age 51
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1900 calories a day & I don't eat back my exercise calories. I walk 30 minutes everyday either outside or on the treadmill. I'm 23, 5'2 and currently 246 lbs. ETA: SW 283 & I've stuck to 1900 calories the whole time.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    1640 and set for a pound a week
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'-6.5"
    Weight: 126
    Calories: 1800 gross
    Exercise: NROLFW 3 times a week (sometimes only 2) and cardio 2-3 times a week (running 2-3 miles each time)
    I am currently playing around with my maintainance calorie level and I think I could probably eat more like 2000-2100 calories a day if I keep my exercise more consistent.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    1700 calories
    I do c25k three times a day
    try to get 10k+ steps a day walking mon-fri

5'7 22years old 159.6 currently