What is the lowest calorie bread you have found?

Options
I currently use Coles Wholemeal Sandwich Bread which apparently totals at 140 calories for 2 slices. Have you found any bread with lower calories than this? I love my bread and have no intention of cutting it out, but would like to find a low calorie option. Thanks :)

Replies

• TheRoyalOrder
    TheRoyalOrder Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I believe I have. I use Nature's Own Double Fiber Whole Wheat. It has 50 cal per slice and 5 g of fiber! Down side is it has 138 mg of sodium.
  • rnctipton
    rnctipton Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Keopplinger's multi grain light - 35 calories/slice (I believe). This is what I've been buying lately.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I stopped looking for the lowest calorie bread. I found that the lower calorie breads didn't have much fiber or protein in them. Right now I use Arnold's/Brownberry 100% Whole Wheat Whole Grain Bread. It's 110 calories per slice. I only use one slice when I make my lunch (the only time I really use sliced bread) It's a bigger slice of bread than normal bread. It has no HFCS and has 5 g protein and 3 g fiber
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Aunt Millie's Wholegrain bread - 35 calories per slice. You can have a great grilled cheese sandwich, using "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray and your total calorie count will be 115. (That's using Kraft Singles cheese.)
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    For the Nature's Own Double Fiber sodium is actually 125 mg per.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own - Wheat Enriched Bread 40 Calories Per Slice! :bigsmile:
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I eat Alvarado Street Bakery California Style Protein bread. One slice is 80 calories, but it has 5 grams of protein per slice, which is a win win in my book! And every ingredient in it is pronounceable and identifiable!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    A lettuce leaf. Seriously, LOL! That's what I use to wrap sandwich fixings in, rather than some weird low-calorie or low-carb bread. I can't have gluten anyway, and really don't want to eat the gluten free products....so lettuce is where it's at for me. :wink:
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Isn't that kind of like asking "What's the lowest fat olive oil that you've found"?
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread as in a loaf anymore. When I did it was Sara Lee Wheat bread (45 calories a slice).

Now I use LaTortilla Factory traditional wraps. The large wrap is 90 calories and I used half of one for sandwiches, burgers, etc. So that's a total of 45 calories for the bread portion of my sandwiches and it is 7 grams of fiber in the half.
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee 45 calories per slice..the thing about these low cal breads is they might look like they're the same as regular bread but they're lighter than air and not even close to filling.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Aunt Millie's Wholegrain bread - 35 calories per slice. You can have a great grilled cheese sandwich, using "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray and your total calorie count will be 115. (That's using Kraft Singles cheese.)

This is the only bread I eat now.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    my bread is 124 calories per slice
    I'd rather eat real whole grain bread than chemicals
  • cliocat267
    Options
    I've always had nimble bread and it only 48 calories per slice and you can get it in white, malted wholegrain and wholemeal and it soooo yummy its great sandwich bread and I know you can get it from sainsburys thats where I buy it from.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I stopped looking for the lowest calorie bread. I found that the lower calorie breads didn't have much fiber or protein in them. Right now I use Arnold's/Brownberry 100% Whole Wheat Whole Grain Bread. It's 110 calories per slice. I only use one slice when I make my lunch (the only time I really use sliced bread) It's a bigger slice of bread than normal bread. It has no HFCS and has 5 g protein and 3 g fiber

I agree with you, I don't look for the lowest calorie because like you said they are usually lacking in fiber & protein. I like the Arnold/Brownberry breads and usually pick up either the double protein or the double fiber depending on what the store has.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread as in a loaf anymore. When I did it was Sara Lee Wheat bread (45 calories a slice).

Now I use LaTortilla Factory traditional wraps. The large wrap is 90 calories and I used half of one for sandwiches, burgers, etc. So that's a total of 45 calories for the bread portion of my sandwiches and it is 7 grams of fiber in the half.

I use Sara Lee 45 calorie multi- grain and use LaBanderita low carb (81 calories per shell) for wraps
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I like this bread. Even with real butter and cheese, you can have a grilled cheese for under 300 calories.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    HLOrigWholeWheatBread-350.jpg

HLOrigWholeWheatBread-Nutrition.jpg

And I like the taste.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I spent a long time trying to find a decent, low calorie bread and couldn't. Nimble, WeightWatchers, Warburtons, all do those 400g loaves, and while they may only be 50 - 60 cals a slice, they are so thin it's almost impossible to butter them and toasting them basically turns them into a cracker - you can snap them in half.

On the rare occasion I do have bread, I have a medium sliced white bread at 95 calories a slice, because I like it. And I think that's more important.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I like warburtons seeded sandwich thins, 100 cal for the top and bottom, it's like one piece of bread sliced in half so you can make a little sandwich.

I also like to toast them and have egg and soldiers for breakfast