What is the lowest calorie bread you have found?

Options

Replies

• 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own Whole grain. 65cal and 3g fiber/slice. For years I did "diet" bread, but life's too short for cardboard bread. It leaves me feeling deprived. I rather cut back in other areas.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I need to check out the Nature's Own one me thinks. Currently I get Buttercup Country Split Wholemeal which is 111 for 2 slices.

Edit: The Nature's Own one is only available in the US :(
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own 100% Whole Grain Wheat.. 50 cals/slice and pure deliciousness!
  • smb892009
    smb892009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Isn't that kind of like asking "What's the lowest fat olive oil that you've found"?

Yes pretty much but as everyone would know a diet isn't going to be successful unless it is sustainable and if I can't have bread - something I have had (and enjoyed) my entire life, then I'm just not interested in a healthy life style. I believe in 'everything in moderation' and if I can find a bread which isn't completely destructive then its surely got to be better than nothing.
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I use Orowheat sandwich rounds, either whole wheat or whole grains. They have 100 calories, 4 gr protein and 5 gr fiber. And, they taste great!
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I go for True Foods Sandwich Slims. 100 calories for one 'slim' (which is in two pieces so you can make - you guessed it, a sandwich).

I think I did find some 40 calorie per slice bread the other day, but the portions were ridiculously tiny. I'm talking the same thickness as a normal slice of bread, but overall a third of the size.

Wraps are also delicious, although they tend to fall apart when I pack them for work/uni so I don't bother now :grumble:
  • smb892009
    Options
    Keopplinger's multi grain light - 35 calories/slice (I believe). This is what I've been buying lately.

I've never heard of Keopplinger's before, can you get this at supermarkets or is it a health food store thing?
  • smb892009
    Options
    Aunt Millie's Wholegrain bread - 35 calories per slice. You can have a great grilled cheese sandwich, using "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray and your total calorie count will be 115. (That's using Kraft Singles cheese.)

Can you get this at supermarkets or is it a health food store thing?
  • smb892009
    Options
    Wow! That is really good for a non-wholemeal bread. Is it available in supermarkets or is it a health store thing?
  • smb892009
    Options
    Nature's Own - Wheat Enriched Bread 40 Calories Per Slice! :bigsmile:

Wow! That is really good for a non-wholemeal bread. Is it available in supermarkets or is it a health store thing?
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    at walmart i got a carb wise bread that was 40 calories a slice. i found english muffins that are 80 calories for one. i also found wheat hamburger buns that were under 100 calories. if you have a walmart, search that.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Low calorie bread SUCKS.

I eat Soya and Linseed Burgen bread every day and I'm over 40lbs down. 125 calories a slice, high protein, high fibre, good amount of healthy fats and lower carb than any "low calorie" bread.
  • MsMetabolic
    Options
    Nature's Own - Wheat Enriched Bread 40 Calories Per Slice! :bigsmile:

I live in Ontario, Canada and have never heard of "Nature's Own", anyone else here from Ontario and know where I can buy this?
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am in Massachusets and we have a store called Market Basket. They have a store brand, "Lite" oatmeal bread that is 35 calories per slice. They also have wheat and white I believe. Lowest I've found, and tastes good too.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    A lettuce leaf. Seriously, LOL! That's what I use to wrap sandwich fixings in, rather than some weird low-calorie or low-carb bread. I can't have gluten anyway, and really don't want to eat the gluten free products....so lettuce is where it's at for me. :wink:
    I do this too. I use Boston/Bib lettuce when I really want to cut down on calories.
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    Aunt Millie's Wholegrain bread - 35 calories per slice. You can have a great grilled cheese sandwich, using "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray and your total calorie count will be 115. (That's using Kraft Singles cheese.)

This is the only bread I eat now.

Dear gawd, that is the most unhealthy meal I've heard of! It's so much healthier to actually eat REAL food that isn't loaded with chemicals. I either eat sprouted grain bread with a slice of organic colby cheese (100 calories for the cheese and 80 calories per slice of bread) and I used real raw butter to cook it all with. Yes, it's higher calories but I wouldn't touch the carcinogenics in butter spray and there is no nutritional value in those breads.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Low calorie bread SUCKS.

I eat Soya and Linseed Burgen bread every day and I'm over 40lbs down. 125 calories a slice, high protein, high fibre, good amount of healthy fats and lower carb than any "low calorie" bread.

soya and linseed bread is where its at!
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    HLOrigWholeWheatBread-350.jpg

HLOrigWholeWheatBread-Nutrition.jpg

And I like the taste.
    Yup.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    HLOrigWholeWheatBread-350.jpg

HLOrigWholeWheatBread-Nutrition.jpg

And I like the taste.

No Cholesterol ... Always a big worry when buying a loaf of bread ... Well. Sign me up then :)
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I only eat Healthy Life Whole Wheat also, my fav!