Anyone doing the 30 Day Shred right now?

Options

Replies

• OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 1 Day 7 this morning :)
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Are you guys doing just the shred or cardio as well? I've had to take 3 days off so far (started the shred on the 1st) due to injuring my knee. I try to do at least 5 days a week of cardio on top of the shred. Kinda nervous about doing level 2!

I do other things as well, such as walking, playing tennis, and Zumba, but they are just random whenever I want to. I've taken 4 days off of the shred due to a 20 mile hike on sunday :) Plus I take breaks when I feel shin splints coming on (which I always seem to get x.x) But I try to do it every day when I can. This is my 4th or 5th time through, and it will be the 1st time I will make it all the way. I get bored easily. Some say level 2 is hard, but I really enjoyed level 2. :)
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am planing on starting up 30 day shred again this Monday...I have to make sure my knee is ok with it cause it still bothers me from last time I did 30 day shred and I strained the ligaments in my right knee...=)
  • JuD8994
    JuD8994 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Another friend on MFP is starting May 1st and I am going to get it and do it in May. Right now I am getting back to my C25K training. I have been doing it for about 4 weeks. I have had a bad couple weeks and fell WAY off the wagon but I am getting back focused and motivated on the C25K and looking forward to May and 30DS
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just finished day 1. Wow, I forgot how hard that first day is. My calves are so sore! But, I am so glad I started this again.
  • jljw8504
    jljw8504 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Monday night...so I am on day 3...I am not following the diet Jillian has with the 30 day shred...I eat greek yogurt and fruit every morning for breakfast so I can't go without dairy :-( but anywho.
    I am sore as ^^%^&*%*&^%*&^% ...this is no joke!! I am super out of shape- which I knew...but my thigh muscles hurt sooo bad I can barely squat to pee. When I walk I feel like I am walking differently though- like on clouds. Its weird :-)
    Last night was easier than the first night...but wow- I am sore- who else is sore ?!?!
  • tomthechicken
    tomthechicken Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day shred (Level 1) 5 days ago and I lost 5 pounds already! The first 3 days were really bad and I had to pause the DVD throughout the workout but now I only stop maybe once to catch my breath. After the routine though I eat one protein usually 1/2 cup of beans so my muscles repair itself. But yeah usually after I'm sore as hell.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Last day of level 1 tomorrow then on to level 2! Also adding Tae Bo 3x a week.
  • jljw8504
    Options
    Last day of level 1 tomorrow then on to level 2! Also adding Tae Bo 3x a week.

Spirit05
    What did you do to get rid of the extreme soreness?? I can go and jog on the treadmill & not be this sore...and I would think I messed something up- but its both sides not one...so I think I am just out of shape...not for long though :-)
  • mandy_1794
    Options
    I finished Day 7 Level 1 today and was surprised at how much my endurance has improved. On the first day I could barely do the jumping jacks and now I can do each round of them without stopping. I'm curious to see if I will be just as sore when I start level 2 as I was when I started Level 1.
  • jljw8504
    Options
    Mandy- what helped your soreness? Did you take a rest day or what? I am dying!! :-)
  • mandy_1794
    Options
    Mandy- what helped your soreness? Did you take a rest day or what? I am dying!! :-)

It finally went away on its own by day 4/5. I took a day off after day 3 but I would say just work through the soreness :)
  • jljw8504
    Options
    i just did day 3...things were easier...i could do the bicycle crunches better...but my legs still hurt...but i did extra hamstring stretching..and im gonna hit the gym and walk on the treadmill also...did you do the diet she includes?
  • mandy_1794
    Options
    i just did day 3...things were easier...i could do the bicycle crunches better...but my legs still hurt...but i did extra hamstring stretching..and im gonna hit the gym and walk on the treadmill also...did you do the diet she includes?

I'm just trying to stay in the 1,500 calorie range. I still can't do the bicycle crunches... I'm not coordinated enough :)
  • amurr819
    amurr819 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of level 1. Still can't do a push up to save my life, but I push through the whole thing and am enjoying it. I have already noticed a big difference.

Anyone who wants to add me, feel free.
  • mti415
    mti415 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too am on day 3... yesterday I could barely move... today, where I am still sore, when I get up from my desk or out o my car, the pain doesnt last as long and my muscles loosen up quicker so im not looking like im 80 when i walk. I've done alot of workouts, etc...but this one, this one has me. I think its the challenge of "can i do it, one more day" lol I've gained weight tho... not what I wanted to do, but I also know muscle weighs more...so Im hopeful that at day 10, I will see results in inches... keep on shredding!! ;-)
  • cdop69
    cdop69 Posts: 2
    Options
    Can someone tell me what this is about? Need some motivation. Thanks for the help!
  • bas27
    bas27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im on level 2 day 8. I've. Lost 6.8 pounds. I can't wait for level 3
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It is Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workout. You can find all three levels on youtube. You basically do level1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days then level 3 for 10 days. I say do what works for your body. If you don't feel you have mastered a level, then stick with it for more than 10 days.

I am finishing up level 1 and going to be moving on to level 2 either tomorrow or Saturday. I mix this with walking 3.5 miles 4x a week and counting every single calorie I eat. I have lost at least an inch off my stomach (problem area) and am wearing a size 10 pants again. :)
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am doing it. I finished day 8 level 1