I am under eating by at least 1000 cals a day?

Options

Replies

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I have removed a lot of posts from this topic that violate our guidelines and are off topic. Please don't destroy a thread to mock another person's post. We all posses the power to ignore.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

With Respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
  • sk84l1fe4
    sk84l1fe4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    EDIT:
    WOW, the complete rudeness of some of you people honestly shocks me.
    I said that I didn't see a problem with working out for 2 hours. Then I get, "oh, then why ask for advice?" BECAUSE, I'M NOT LOSING WEIGHT. I need help with my weight loss so thats why I posted this thread to begin with. I know see that clearly, I am over training myself and so I will not be doing so much cardio, as I can not eat back those calories.
    To the person who clearly is in denial about milk, how about you punch into google, "the horrors of dairy milk" and then you can see for yourself what is happening to the cows and our milk. I have nothing against coconut or almond milk, so that little joke of yours was just ridiculous. I do eat meat as well but I will not eat meat that is slaughtered and not treated with dignity. Halal or kosher meat is the best way to go.
    To conclude, I will NEVER be asking advice on this ridiculous forum ever again and instead I will do my own research. Just because you have lost weight does not give you the right to be rude to people who are trying to lose weight. You were once in our shoes.
    Thank you to the people who actually offered some good advice and were not rude or attacking.
  • sk84l1fe4
    sk84l1fe4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    EDIT:
    WOW, the complete rudeness of some of you people honestly shocks me.
    I said that I didn't see a problem with working out for 2 hours. Then I get, "oh, then why ask for advice?" BECAUSE, I'M NOT LOSING WEIGHT. I need help with my weight loss so thats why I posted this thread to begin with. I know see that clearly, I am over training myself and so I will not be doing so much cardio, as I can not eat back those calories.
    To the person who clearly is in denial about milk, how about you punch into google, "the horrors of dairy milk" and then you can see for yourself what is happening to the cows and our milk. I have nothing against coconut or almond milk, so that little joke of yours was just ridiculous. I do eat meat as well but I will not eat meat that is slaughtered and not treated with dignity. Halal or kosher meat is the best way to go.
    To conclude, I will NEVER be asking advice on this ridiculous forum ever again and instead I will do my own research. Just because you have lost weight does not give you the right to be rude to people who are trying to lose weight. You were once in our shoes.
    Thank you to the people who actually offered some good advice and were not rude or attacking.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but you asked for advice then didn't like that very one said you need to eat more to reach your net goal. You might actually loose weight if you followed the good advice people gave you. Your not being healthy, however good luck with your own thing, hope it works out but can't see that happening as one way or another its going to stall without the fuel your body needs
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Well... bye.

Sorry you didn't grasp the fact that those of us who have lost a lot of weight have given you advice that you clearly don't want. It's okay, we'll miss you. Have fun!

XOXO.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    AMEN to Muffintop.
    Wow. People seem really cranky on here :ohwell:

I got fat by eating waaayyy too much crap. I love candy, doughnuts, pastries, chocolate, ice cream, etc.

I have recently started eating mostly raw and cooked veggies, 4 fruits per day, beans, and whole grains. I eat meat sometimes and have pretty much cut out dairy. I do drink almond milk though.

A couple of days ago I ate a ton of veggies, salads, fruits, green smoothie, and some beans. I think I logged around 1000 calories that day. I was pretty shocked. It seemed to low. However, I don't exercise for 2 hours a day :tongue:

I was a little concerned but the way I see it, I am getting all the nutrients I need and I wasn't hungry. If I was, I ate something.

Meh....cranky...I only see one cranky poster on here and I think it's the one you are supporting....You won't find huge support for people coming on bleating about not being able to eat enough to fill their calorie requirements, because, well.....it's just implausible when that same person is on here to lose weight.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    okay all of u diss n dont believe so what ever aint arguing n honey they arnt even prooven if they work pat ur self cuz ur falling into the diet industry bs but if u wanna be stupid be my guest n do what ur gonna do ur money ur loss eat real raspberry or grow a dam tree or shrub w/e heres advice chile melts fat well helps so dont think to hard on it

huh?:huh:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you think you have all the answers, OP.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Ppl peanut butter n nuts r not bad fat their a good fat n filling im loosing weight n eat that n some d
    ays i spoil my self to cheese fries with ranch n that's a bad fat

The mind, it boggles.
  • kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't get the scooby calculator - it gives a BMR at 1524 and then a 1463 calorie per day to lose at 20% less TDEE which we all know you must eat AT BMR at the minimum or you go into starvation mode - does not make sense to me????
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ppl peanut butter n nuts r not bad fat their a good fat n filling im loosing weight n eat that n some d
    ays i spoil my self to cheese fries with ranch n that's a bad fat

:huh: I had to read that 4 times....
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I don't get the scooby calculator - it gives a BMR at 1524 and then a 1463 calorie per day to lose at 20% less TDEE which we all know you must eat AT BMR at the minimum or you go into starvation mode - does not make sense to me????

Then a 20% deficit would be too much for you. Try 10-15%
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    OP gets advice. OP doesn't agree/understand advice. OP strops off. BBBBLLLEEEUUUUGGGHHHHHHHH.:noway: :noway: :yawn:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    You don't go into starvation mode overnight. If you eat under 1200 calories here and there it's fine. Personally I would still be hungry, but I have eaten 1000 calories before and I didn't gain 10lbs the next day from "starvation mode".

I'm also calling bs on the scooby site. I am pretty sure my bmr is nowhere near what it says which is 1500. I also gain weight at the 1900 calories a day it said I should be eating to lose weight. I guess it's not for everyone. Some of us have to eat at our bmr with working out to see any results. I have seriously eaten under 1900 calories for weeks. I have lost a whooping pound and half and that wasnt' until I lower my calories to 1400 most days (not eating them back) but I have not gone over 1900 since like easter day.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Well... bye.

Sorry you didn't grasp the fact that those of us who have lost a lot of weight have given you advice that you clearly don't want. It's okay, we'll miss you. Have fun!

XOXO.

There's the temper tantrum I expected to see! It didn't take nearly as many pages this time, did it?
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    this
    You should be going on here http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

And figuring out how much you should be eating.
  • cyberbidder
    Options
    How do you feel? Do you have the energy to get through the day? Are you getting stronger ie measurably by lifting more wieght, more reps, less rest? If you are gaining strength losing inches/pounds feel good why change your routine. Just an idea for your consideration.
  • cyberbidder
    Options
    I seldom post, but am never rude forum, email, face to face etc
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so, cut 30-60 minutes from your workout! You don't need that much! That will give you more time to eat. And once you start eating a little bit more every day, you'll be able to. You are slowing your weight loss. Don't compare to anorexics, that is already self-talk that is damaging you view of HEALTHY weight loss. You lose slower and by eating more- it STAYS off. When anorexics or people who starve themselves for a prolonged amount of time and then start eating again, they put weight on FAST. And if you go at it too hard, you'll burn yourself out. A two hour workout is great maybe once or twice a week if you HAVE to.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    OP gets advice. OP doesn't agree/understand advice. OP strops off. BBBBLLLEEEUUUUGGGHHHHHHHH.:noway: :noway: :yawn:

It's a lot like training a kitten, isn't it?

iJKjddGB2OfEI.gif