SAHM 5/10 - 5/16

Options
DrBorkBork
DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Gm! Iwill post later, but I hope everyone had a great mother's day!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Had an awesome Mother's Day! Surrounded by my babies....!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    gm! will chk back later!

welcome squoozyq!

sassy-what's a duatholon? bike/run?? i agree with trish--you can do it!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I'm a SAHM too. I have 3 kids 7, 4 and 2. I hope I can join you ladies.
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    You definitely can join us! Just jump right in--we try to be encouraging & up lifting. Welcome to you newbies--don't lurk we like to hear from you.

Kim
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    GM Ladies!

Welcome Dasha!

I am back on track today!! :) Back to exercise and logging calories, yay! Now that my races are over, I am going to start working on my time. Interval training two times a week, and one long run (6+). I will also be doing Zumba and CrossFit workouts when I can. Today I did 2.55ish miles in 24:42. 4 1 minute intervals of full out as fast I can speed, a couple of walking spurts, and the rest at a comfortable pace. I ordered a Garmin Forerunner yesterday, hoping that will help with the intervals...and so I won't have to use mapmyrun for figuring out my distance :)

Still toying with doing a half marathon in September (USAF Marathon @ Wright-Patterson AFB)...I can't quite commit yet LOL
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Yup, its run-bike-run, cos I don't *do* water I won't do a triathlon.

I have done a few in previous years but this year I had to miss all the ones near here because of other things on those weekends.

The one I'm looking at is a 3k run, 8k mountain bike, 1 1/2k run. Which is shorter than I've done but the mtb will be tougher than road riding. I'd have to find out exactly what portion of the tracks they are talking about for the longer course's bike leg it goes over because there is one bit of one of the tracks it covers that I won't ride. If it misses that bit than I'll do it, but otherwise I'll do the short one both times!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    thanks for clarifying, sarah. i woulda thought it was just bike then run.

katie--you are a MACHINE! no, seriously you are obviously very goal oriented. good luck wih this new regimen.

how bad a mom am i--letting my 9 y.o. and almost 6 y.o. watch star wars the third one of the newer ones. not at all violent or confusing.

i worked on mapping my dd2's annual schedule of topics to cover. there is still so much vagueness.
    kim--i see on other ppl's plans such level of detail. they seem so focused and sure of themselves. i certainly don't feel that way. :(

my next move is to take a month--and then plan out each week's details including games, books, read aloud, field trips etc.
    is that a good route? i'm going to overschdule so that i don't fall short.
    she will go on track break at the end of this month. i am using that month as our summer fun unit--and schooling both youngun's together to see how it goes.

if you have any other words of wisdom--my ears are listening. you can pm me so we don't clog up the board.
    how's your hip feeling?? is the alleve helping?
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Stacey, I hate to be a bum, but hubby changed his mind about the trip & said no. I hope you can find a good home for that great play kitchen!
  • katapple
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! I am so sore from my run and the 6 minutes of inline skating I did on EA Active yesterday...ouch! Have to work out upper body to even it out a bit ;)

Oh Geez, Stacey! I love that you think I'm a machine, but I'm not! HA! I like to have goals to work towards, keeps me motivated!

Trish ~ you'll have to tell me how those cereal balls are ;) hehe

What's on everyone's agenda today? I'm just keeping the house clean, going to the store (got any good recipes to share??), maybe putting Carter's new closet doors on, blah blah blah...today is a lazy day, we never have anything planned! Maybe the park this afternoon...who knows??
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Sassy! that's great that you are doing a du! I have done them and they are fun! My fave is a tri personally, because my best part is the swimming! Everyone blows me away on the bike! :laugh:

Katie- Keep it coming with the running! So you are thinking of a 1/2? that's great! DO IT!!!!! I am ready to do another one!

Stacey- no...you are not horrible for letting your kids watch that movie! I could think of 100 movies that are worse and they are considered PG!

Trish- You said that you are leaving Jun 16th right? I think I am coming in the 15th to your neck of the woods, but possibly the14th...maybe a jog around the block?

Tomorrow Kyle has an appt with the doc to see if we can get him on the right path...I sure hope we can before it's too late!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello! I had a great Mother's Day except that I ended up getting sick Sunday night. I'm feeling much better now, but my energy level is low. One good thing came out of it. I didn't have much of an appetite, so I lost a pound! :smile: I know it was mostly water weight, but I'm hoping to be able to keep it off and lose even more this week.

I don't have much time right now, but I'll be back later!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    It's raining today. My son was supposed to have a baseball game, but it might be canceled. Other then that, same stuff different day.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Nicole-- Yup, leaving June 16 for NY. I will be in SLC on the 15th to pick up Ma from airport. Maybe sneak run in on hotel TMs? That way someone can watch Grace & I can focus on getting a good run and hanging out with you. We will be out by airport. 14th works too.
    I can't believe it's only a month away. I splurged today & got some TAG leapster books for Grace since hubby & I agreed that was one of the things we wanted to get her for her b-day & thought it would be a great early present to keep her busy on the plane. They had Curious George & Kai-Lan (Grace's absolute faves), and I wasn't sure if they'd have them next month or not, so hubs said I could get them.

Dasha, I hate how rain ruins mojo. I have a hard time getting off my butt when it's rainy *sigh*

Amy, take it easy & finish getting well!
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I've been so busy lately I've only been able to check in once a week or so. It will be nice when summer break is here, and we can wind down for a bit.

Trish, did I miss something, why are you going to NY?

Dasha, welcome, its great to come here and read about everyone's successes and struggles.

Amy, hope you feel better soon, being sick is no fun, especially when you have kids to take care of.

It is crazy windy here today, but warm. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get my garden planted, crossing my fingers we don't get anymore frosty mornings.

Vacuum is on the fritz, I really hope we don't have to buy a new one, will have hubby check it out when he gets a chance, I would rather spend our moola elsewhere, but we can't go more than a couple days without a vacuum, so we'll see.

We've got soccer practice for the little one in this crazy wind, hopefully the 5 y/o's don't blow away!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am new to the site and a stay at home mom of 7 children. I was wanting to join in your convo if that is okay with you guys.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Welcome Katie!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Dolphin I am going to NY for a week for my cousin's wedding. It's my favorite aunt's daughter, and we get on well. Ma is flying to SLC from CA to help me take care of Grace on the 5 hour flight to NY since I was really nervous about doing it alone. :)
  • staceyw37
    Options
    welcome katie! you are always welcome to chime in. this group is THE BEST!

trish--no worries. i think we're still gonna do a day trip to st george cuz it's been so long. and i just need a change!

doin ok today--need to exercise--but.....

chk ya later!
  • katapple
    Options
    Nicole...I don't know...the thought of running for that long just doesn't sound appealing!! haha..maybe if I ran faster it wouldn't be so bad ;) Good luck at the doctor tomorrow!

Dolphin ~ I am so sick of the wind!! One of my friends on FB said " is tired of the bad-boyfriend weather here--either storm or don't; but don't pretend you're going to storm, and make us deal with your obnoxious wind, just to not show up in the end." Just made me giggle :)

Welcome Katie! Wow, 7? That's fantastic!

Had a great day! Got to do Zumba and a quick CrossFit workout, for a total of around 750 calories! I tried to plan ahead because I knew I'd burn a bunch, but didn't do so well. Got busy this afternoon so I'm way under. I'm sure I'll make up for it tomorrow, I am just not hungry right now so I won't force it :) Well, off to watch some BL!!