SAHM 5/10 - 5/16

Options

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    KatieM, sorry to hear about your grandmother passing. As for the food... if it was here in Utah at one of our churches, I'd be floored if the food wasn't abundant and amazing. Ham, funeral potatoes, lion house rolls, jello... am I close? 5 different kinds of cake, salad, yeah?

Let me know how the kashi balls are!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thank you Trish! This is probably going to sound weird but I am really glad that she did pass away...she was in a lot of pain and suffering a lot. Now she is no longer suffering plus the greatest part is she is with her sweetheart again. The only reason I am sad about it is because I will miss her and won't see her again for who knows how long. Yes her funeral was here in Utah and yes it was at one of our churches and yes the food was abundant and amazing! The food was Ham, funeral potatoes, costco rolls, 4 different kinds of jello salad (one kind I had never even seen before that has to DIE for that was were the restraint came into play), 2 kinds of lettuce/spinach salad, and 5 or 6 different kinds of cakes! I did really well on the piece of cake too it was pretty small (but I am sure it was calorie packed!). Going off in general, because I can't be for certain, just that one meal I ended up eating 1,063 calories!!! Sad part is that I really did not have that much food (check out my food diary).

OH and the kashi balls are really good you should try them. I used the Kashi GoLean naturally sweetened fiber twigs, soy protein grahams ad honey puff cereal 1 cup of it and then 2 tbsp of the white chocolate peanut butter and then just mixed until it was mixed well. I figured out all the nutrition facts for it and put it into the database as Homemade - Kashi High Protein White Chocolate Peanut Butter Ball. You should try it out.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    KatieM, I completely understand how you feel. My grandmother passed away just before Thanksgiving of 02, and it devastated my grandfather. She was his one and only. He committed himself to the hospital for the remainder of his days for depression. Dementia gradually set in. When he passed away just before the birth of my DD (summer 08), I was sad that he was gone, but SO happy for him. He was with my grandmother again and no longer suffering. My love for my grandmother was somethin' fierce, so I can only imagine how he felt about her. In my entire life, I only saw them fight once. They stayed mad a couple hours, then kissed and made up. He tucked her into bed every night with a kiss, brought her flowers, doughnuts, and coffee most days (my parents & I are converts). Needless to say their marriage was what I wanted mine to be.

Going to check out nutrition on the kashi balls
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    trish--i got chills reading about your grandparents.
    my papa passed away a few years ago, but my grandma is still alive at 86. they too modeled a marriage of great love. and lucky for me, they lived down the street from me and i got to be with them lots as a kid growing up.
    it's so true how those experiences are deeply imprinted in your heart.

katiem--my condolences for your loss
  • staceyw37
    Options
    where is everybody??

so what's on tap for the weekend?

today--gymnas for dd2, then to park (sand, splash pad, jungle gym, and grass)
    dinner is hamburgers, green beans, applesauce
    finish tying fleece blanket with dd1
    clear out hall closet (+more) for move

tomorrow is sunday school and then idk
    i'd like to have some time to myself to organize for dd2's upcoming track break

hope you all are well!:flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Had homemade supreme pizza for dinner last night. Tummy/bowels very grumpy this morning. Guess what's for lunch... LEFTOVERS.

The Preakness Stakes (2nd leg of horse racing's Triple Crown) is today, so I'll be running another TM 5K to honor it. Friend Sam said she will show me how to work weight room afterwards.

Hubby is cooking Pork & Rice A L'Orange tonight. It's his first time cooking it, since he wanted it, but I didn't. I said "If you want it, you're cookin' it!"
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Trish~mmm homemade pizza so yummy. I hope your tummy/bowels get "happy" soon. I hate when I have eaten something that does that to me.

Stacey~The park sounds like some fun!

For me this weekend holds A LOT of walking. I took up on a competition with one of MFP friends to see who can walk the most this weekend. So far I have in 1 mile. So I am thinking later today that we will go for a five mile walk on a walkway close by. Then tomorrow walking to church and then I was thinking that we could walk down to Main st and look at the side walk chalk art. Every year here in Bountiful artist come and draw with chalk on the sidewalks and compete against each other. Not sure what is on the menu for our family.

Hope you guys have a good weekend.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Did another TM 5K today in just over 45 mins. That's 2 mins off of my time 2 weeks ago. Leftovers are already telling me to go sit on the throne. Guess I'll be chowing down on acidophilus tablets today. On an up side, the turkey trots DO help lose weight-- at least for a few days, then bounce back. Maybe I'll even see my half way point in the next day or two. Sorry if that's all TMI.

Tall order to fill by DD's bday in July: Drop 20 lbs.

Excited to achieve this week: Meeting my "half way there" weight
    Excited to achieve in the next month: Getting to 185 & no longer obese. 7 lbs to go!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Katie ~ Kick her butt! haha! The sidewalk art sounds like fun! So sad for you, but so happy for your grandma. ***hugs***

Trish ~ Congrats again on the 5k!! I love home made pizza! I like to use left over rotisserie chicken, feta, spinach, garlic, and roasted red peppers on mine...so good!

I got an 8 mile run in this morning! Burned 1100 calories and got to use my new Garmin Forerunner! Don't know how I've survived so long without it! I loved keeping an eye on my pace and when I wanted to quit, I looked down and saw I only had 1.5 more miles til I reached my goal..totally helped keep me motivated! Oh and I'm going to a pampered chef party tonight...totally needed to burn those calories! Too bad I already ate them all back and it's only 1:30! This girl is HUNGRY! haha..stay outta my way, need a clear path to the fridge ;)

Tomorrow I am going to a baby shower (meet and greet one too, she had the baby last Friday!), and had to email the hostess a picture of me when I was a baby...mine will be a dead give away because my youngest looks exactly like me LOL Gotta try and stay away from the bad food, but I have no will power at parties!

here's the pic:
    Scan7.jpg

here's Carter:
    DSC_3015a.jpg
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    LOL, Katie, carbon copy! I have that with Gracie Face. She was spittin' image of me when she came out. Now she is starting to look like her own little person, but a year ago you couldn't tell our baby pictures apart!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Katie~You literally made me LOL with the "This girl is HUNGRY! haha..stay outta my way, need a clear path to the fridge ;)" I totally feel you there! I have been digging up sod on the side of my house for 2-3 hours, I lost track of how long, I am feeling famished right now. She looks just like you. My 6 year old looks just like me it's actually kind of freaky. haha She even has the same personality as me. Oh and I do plan on doing my best at winning this competition.

Trish~I so know the feeling of the stomach problems. A few days after Easter I ate so much candy that I gave my self the same problems. I ate TEN reese's peanut butter eggs, SIX laffy taffys, and TONS of jelly beans. Keep in mind that I had been eating healthy for about a month before I did this so it was like system overload. I haven't wanted to touch candy since then. It was a great learning experience. I used to be a candy addict not no more because I remember how bad it hurt. You can meet those goals! Did you ever try out the kashi balls? My husband tried them his response was they are okay. haha
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I mixed up the kashi cereal with the pb, but could not get them to form balls. Needless to say I ended up eating 1/2 a cup of kashi coated in pb, LOL.

I think I will try the Kashi crunch cereal with the cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter next time.
  • KatieM7
    Options
    I couldn't get it to form balls either but it sure did taste good. I am not sure that I will try the cinnamon raisin swirl though. I am not a huge fan of raisins. However using the crunch cereal with the white chocolate pb that is something I just might try.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    *is trying to figure out how to throw jam in there & keep it low cal*
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I decided that I had best get some practice in running on hills... There's not a lack of them around my home, but I usually choose a flat route.
    I can do 3-4k on the flat/gentle rolling hills just fine, but the following 2.5k I couldn't manage all of. LOL Goes to show what a difference hills make huh!
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/nz/Tauranga/775127403551326175
    I WILL be able to do a full loop by the end of the month!
    Looking at that map, I walked probably only about 400 metres or less of the whole thing yesterday so I don't have too far to come.

I hope everyone had (is having? early monday morning here now) an awesome weekend!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Trish~Maybe just enough to give it the jelly taste? Maybe I should try it. We will see how I feel. Reminds me of my fav sandwich PB&J's...yummy!

sassy~That is pretty cool that you are doing that good on running. I recently started running and I can make it a little less than a mile (with some hills) not sure about flat ground.

For me this weekend has held a lot of walking. I am up to 3.45 miles and plan on doing another 4.86 miles today. We will see if I make it with all the kids (we are making it a family activity load 4 youngest in the double strollers/bike trailers and the 3 oldest walk).
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    being able to do a mile is pretty good going if you've only recently taken it up. That's 1/3 of the way to a 5k! :wink:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    did ok on cals today. and pulled weeds--from our ROCK front yard. amazing how much stuff grows there!

also organized the whole track break schedule for dd2 and ds--4weeks.
    now i'm off to pay the bills...oh what fun!
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    Hey all! I AAAMMMM BAACCKK! Wow has it been a long week but it is now offically over. My oldest is now a high school graduate and we all survived. :0) There were some tense stressed out moments but there were also some beautiful captured in my memory moments. I basically have thrown keeping track of my food out the window for the last 3 or 4 days so I am back at it tomorrow. Major recovery day scheduled for tomorrow.

We are headed out of town again on Tuesday so we've gotta get the laundry done(haven't done any since last week--YIKES!) and have to get the camping gear all packed. Pray it doesn't rain on Wednesday for us as we are headed back to Branson!

On an up note--my hip seems to be much better with the aleve and some time of rest. I am about ready to start doing something again and see how the pain goes. Pilates probably with some upper body exercises.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Kim
  • staceyw37
    Options
    kim---congrats to your son--and you!
    you are an inspiration!:flowerforyou: