SAHM 5/10 - 5/16

Options

Replies

• KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I think it is great to see other stay at home moms on here and active in fitness!

Katie~That made me laugh about the bad boyfriend weather. That is how I am feeling right now with the weather here other than it is rain/snow and the sunny. I think come on already! I want the warm weather so I can get out more and go bike riding. I get that all the time with the children. It's fun but crazy at my house.

Trish~NY sounds fun! Hope you have a blast.

Today I went to the zoo, field trip, with my daughter that is in Kindergarten. It was wet, cold and miserable but it was fun.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks, KatieMHart, I'm looking forward to it. If I work hard over the next month, I should hit the no longer obese category-- very exciting! The last time I was under 200, I was a teenager.

Katie, I'll take the wind! Trade ya Utah's weather. It's as bipolar as its Happy Valley residents (which is actually funnier if you are one of the Happy Valley residents, LOL). Inside joke of "every Mormon wife is on prozac" (stigma, really, at least among us)
    Not exaggerating here: 1 day it was 70, sunny, GORGEOUS, the next day it snowed.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Trish ~ After living a few different places in the US (ND, WA, OK) weather is like that everywhere!! It's so moody ;)

Katie ~ How fun! So excited to get somewhere with a zoo!!

Off to Bible Study, not much going on today, might do a rest day or maybe a quick shred...I dunno. My muscles hurt LOL
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Thanks for the well wishes! I'm feeling much better today. I know that at this point, some of my lack of energy is also due to the fact that I haven't exercised in 3 days, and since this is Wednesday, I don't think I'll get to today either. :ohwell: I will tomorrow! It depends on how I feel whether I run/walk to pick up the kids tomorrow or just walk.

KatieMHart - Welcome! 7 kids! Wow! And I thought my 2 were a hand-full! My daughter is in Kindergarten too! Hope you had fun at the zoo yesterday.
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Trish~ I never thought of myself as obese but MFP said that I was...last week I went under the "obese" weight and now I am on the upper end of "overweight". I was jumping up a down and screaming hullalujah. My husband though I had lost it until I told him the good news. I am excited for you that you are almost there it is a great milestone. As far as the weather that is how it is here in Bountiful. It is quite depressing. I thought the comment about prozac was actually pretty funny. But you are right there is that stigma.

Katie~(that is a little bit weird almost like I am talking to myself...lol) Hope you enjoy your bible study! What part are you studying at the moment?

Amy~I don't even know what to do with myself if I only have two...lol! It doesn't happen very often but when it does it is very nice to have the house so quiet. We did have fun at the zoo although not very many animals were out because it was pretty chilly. So we stayed to the buildings. Spent a lot of the time in the reptile house. Which was interesting since one of the girls did not like to look at the snakes and spiders! My daughter was all over it she loved it. She likes to play with boys more than girls.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    It's as bipolar as its Happy Valley residents (which is actually funnier if you are one of the Happy Valley residents, LOL). Inside joke of "every Mormon wife is on prozac" (stigma, really, at least among us)

how CRAZY is this--but i know what you're talking about--and a zillion other "inside" jokes! thanks for the chuckles
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Ohmigosh, KatieM, I had no idea we were neighbors! RULDS2?

Stacey, it's funny cuz it's TRUE, ROFL
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Trish~Yep I am! I am surprised that no one asked before I always get that when people find out how many children that I have. lol By the way none are planned but all are loved.
  • katapple
    Options
    Trish and Katie ~ I just figured you were because you lived in UT ;-P Just kidding! I am Christian, and have many friends who have 5+ kids, don't think it matters what 'denomination' you are :)

Katie ~ Haha about talking to yourself...I am used to it having many Katie friends, plus a sister-in-law with the same last name, except she goes by just Kate, confusing, eh? The first time I got an email from her, I was like...eh...how did I send myself an email?? ;) The study we are doing is about seeing ourselves as God does and covers many different topics. I love it :) I'm sad that this is my last one there, it's always hard finding a new church when you move, almost like trying to find new friends!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Katie~I get that too (living in Utah thing)! I agree that it doesn't matter what 'denomination' you are. Since the beginning it has been "Multiply and replenish the earth". I guess me and the hubby have that part down...lol. I had a friends growing up that had the name Katie but none since being an adult so it is a little weird for me. I would have to say that that would be very confusing! That is an awesome topic to study about and a hard one for us to naturally see us as He does. So am I to take it as you are moving? If so where to? That would be hard to try to find a new church when ever you move! Good luck I hope you find one quickly.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I don't care what faith anyone is as long as they have a close, personal relationship with the Lord :)

I have a great picture in my house of the Lord, and below it it says "If you could see yourself the way I see you, you would realize your infinite worth."
    We are so precious in His eyes :)

As for kids, I firmly believe that the Lord sends us children so that we can learn the true meaning of unconditional love.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! It has been a whirlwind day let me tell ya!!!! Kyle had his Viola lesson this morning, and the we went to the DR's appt, which went well, we are trying a couple of things..keep your fingers crossed! then, when I picked him up from track practice, oh man! He got hit with a disc golf disc in the mouth, so I had to take him to the ER. he now has 3 stitches, one in his lip and 2 under his lip. WOAH!!!

I hope everyone is doing well, I have to go finish dinner!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    today--i think of what you said, trish
    if every day were like today----so MAKE every day like today.

for once i stayed in my cals. probably cuz i was out most of the day and evening--ie no snacking. hmmm

tired tho...will chk tomorrow!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Good job, Stacey! I think it really all boils down to something as simple as a choice. Choose to make every day like today. Remember: food doesn't make people fat... food CHOICES make people fat. Make good choices!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    ok, so i cdn't resist--had to catch up! when i moved to slc, it was an adjustment to how many kids ppl had. my first babysitter was a girl from down the street--1 of 13! and they were homeschooled! she was such a sweet kid. :)
    then i also hung out with orthodox jews, and they tend to have large families. in fact, one of my best friends is from a family of 9. and she now has 6 (the last two are twin girls). and they live in a 2 bedroom apt. don't ask how that works!!

and now in nv, i see all sizes. many only's. many 4's and 3 seems to be the norm. funny how it's diff in diff places and what ppl consider to be "normal".
    i also have noticed that attitudes toward religion and homeschooling are diff in diff places. back east (in chgo), religion was not an overt thing. then i came west--and saw many more outward symbols of religion, plus it peppered ppl's speech and outlook. that was a change.
    and now here in vegas, the same. and lots of homeschoolers. like it's not weird, but rather just what you do given the state of the school district here.
    then there's my mil and chgo friends who think it is crazy to homeschool--to so occupy all your time with your children, to not have the "ME" fun time....it's also cuz they have really good school systems where your kids are filled with knowledge but also get their fire lit to find their own talents. there are just so many opportunities to shine w/in the school structures.
    so, as i see it locale can definitely affect outlook, life values and choices.

i know i'm rambling. i've got a lot going on in my brain right now. sorry to dump.

nicole--you certainly had a topsy turvy day! sorry that kyle got hurt--stitches, youch! i'm glad to hear tho that you felt hopeful after your dr's appt.
    i met with my dd's psychiatrist today and got good info. we are making a change in her medications to stabilize her mood better. the transition may take a while, and we're aiming for a 50-75% reduction in intensity and frequency of "outbursts." i like that she's realistic abt what the meds can do, what we need to do first, and what to watch for as far as side effects and how to deal with them.
    i hope she can fall asleep more easily too--sleep has a MAJOR impact on mood/mood stability.

so, nicole--i hope the direction you're going in is good for you and kyle. (hugs)

katie1--i so enjoy rdg abt your diff goals--whether it's painting, running, studying...you are a real go-getter, i can tell! i love that!:drinker:

katieM--hope you find this thread to be helpful. we are a very diverse group of women who still find strong connections. :flowerforyou:

and now i can really say g'night sahm sisters--:heart:
  • blessdmomof4
    blessdmomof4 Posts: 125
    Options
    Ladies I have missed you! I have been so busy I can't catch up to myself. I have sort of been slacking and eating more (not over cal but just eating all my exercise cals...and over on the days I didn't work out...like Mothers Day! I didn't even count! Went to a Red Sox game at Fenway park in Boston yesterday and they don't have anything good to eat there lol. Needless to say, I have been "indulging" more than I should and lo and behold I lost a pound. Why does that happen? It makes it so tempting to keep "indulging" but I know I can't!

Personal triumph today. I ran 1.3 miles today in under 15 minutes. I have NEVER run a full mile and I have NEVER run for a full 15 minutes. I could have kept going too and now I am wondering why I didn't. It felt so good. I have athletically induced asthma and running has always brought it on since I was a little kid. I can't believe that I was barely winded after this run!!! That just shows how much endurance I have built up over that last few months. I am so excited to keep pushing myself.

Being strict today, trying to go back to low carb, low cal for a few days to change things up. It seems if I keep my body guessing I lose more...idk if there is any science to that, but it works for me.

I briefly read some of the many posts I have missed and I'm glad you're all doing well!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    You realize, Melissa, that you just threw down a gauntlet to me, right? I ran my first mile straight Monday night. I think Saturday I will go for 15 mins, too, and see how far it takes me, and we can compare notes.

Sometimes when you eat right for a while, then indulge, it shocks your body into dropping extra weight. Go figure!
  • katapple
    Options
    Katie ~ Yup, we are moving to OH in August, my husband is in the Air Force :) So far with each move it has taken me 2 years to settle down with good friends and the right church...we will only be in OH for 18 months! LOL

Trish ~ love that quote! I'm reading The Shack right now and love it's message :)

Nicole ~ poor kiddo!! Hope he heals quickly!

Stacey ~ Thanks, I'll keep posting them. I'm just the kind of girl if I don't make goals, then I won't do anything about it, ya know?

Melissa ~ Congrats girl!! So proud of you!

Melissa and Trish ~ Oooh! I love the competition!! Go get 'em! :D

Let's see, was going to try to do 4 or 5 today, but had to use the Dreadmill...boo! Only managed to crank out 2.15 before calling it quits. Also did .5 on the elliptical, and 2.6 on the bike in under 45 minutes which includes walking to and from the machines (in completey different rooms I might add) since I didn't turn off my HRM ;) So at least I still got the mileage in! Going to do CrossFit tonight...150 wall balls...YIKES!!! That's gonna be a killer workout. Then it's off to the bowling alley for one last enlisted spouse club meeting. Alright, off to the awful place of Walmart...can't wait to boycott them when I move to OH ;)
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ah, beautiful weather has finally arrived in good ol' Idaho, our weekend is going to be spectacular here, so planning lots of outdoor activities. Walked my kindergartner to school today, its about 1.5 miles round trip. Stuck the 2 little one's in a 1-seat stroller because our double broke, but it worked!

I think I am going to start a running program June 7th, my kids will be out of school by then, I can get up early before they do, and run in the mornings, I hope it works out, I'm excited to time myself on a mile, have not done that since high school. I've built up so much endurance from the Elliptical and snowboarding, that I'm hoping it will be a breeze to transition over. I'm currently working on an ab program, going to whip them babies in shape, and I've vowed somehow I will be tan this year, being a blond, may take a little work, but if I can wear the cute clothes now, why not be tan.

Katie, I don't envy you moving, I'm sure you've got it down pat now, the packing, unpacking, storing, ugh sounds exhausting, but hopefully this new adventure will be great!

Trish, that's awesome your going to New York, we would love to go someday as a family, may have to take out a loan just to fly there for 7 tickets, but you never know we may fit it somehow...someday.

Melissa I've been a bit MIA as well, spring is just so busy. And that's awesome on running, good job.

Well, I'm head outside, planted the garden yesterday, today I'm talking the dandelions, they are no match for me and my Weed-B-Gon, I will prevail.

Have a great and sunshiny day!!!!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Stacey~Thank you! I have found it very refreshing so far. I look forward to reading what others post.

Melissa~ That is awesome running! I recently starting running didn't quite make it the full mile running but I will make it!

Trish~Love the competition! Oh and I found that peanut butter at a store near me that is in the associated food family. I haven't tried it yet but I plan on using the idea of the kashi cereal and the peanut butter together for my after workout treat.

Katie~I hate moving! Where I live now is the longest I have lived in a place since I got married...been here for 3 1/2 years. I agree it is so hard to get settled and find friends when you move. Good luck with that I hope it goes well.

dolpin7~I have plenty of weeds to combat if you want to bring that weed b gone my way....j/k. Great job on the garden.

Went to my Grandma's funeral today. They had a luncheon after and I knew it would be bad but I didn't think that it would be that bad and I even restrained myself and didn't have as much food as I would have in the past. Now boy I am paying for it though. I have a huge headache and my body feels so gross! It is protesting, apparently it does not agree with the food that I ate. Good thing for the exercise that I will be doing tonight.