My friend says I look anorexic

Options
124»

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know how much frame size matters. I have a large frame, I think. My BF has a super small frame and she looks chunky at 135. She is 5'7.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weight 129, so I must look super anorexic! Congratulations on your well done job! To put a good spin on it, it probably has to do that you lost so much weight that people started thinking you looked awesome 30 or 40 pounds ago!
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The most strange comment I had was from a relative. I haven't seen her for nearly a year and over skype (no video) said I was too thin !! All she is going by is the amount of I have lost as she doesn't know what I weigh. What shocked me more was I put a bit back on over the Easter and she was glad I had. I have now lost half of it so far.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i had a "friend" once tell me that i am not allowed to lose weight because then id look better then her. Needless to say she aint my friend anymore

lol I dated a guy who said he didn't want me to lose weight because then I'd look good and other guys would want me and I'd leave him.

I left him. :) We are too awesome!
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I think when people close to you see you losing weight, they still remember the old you and get a shock when they see you so much smaller, in their eyes its "woah thats enough!" (if that makes sense aha) Every so often I get it from my family, when clearly I still have a lot of fat to lose yet. I am 5ft4 and 130lbs, and I am far from small, so it does all depend on your type of body. Keep going with your doctor and just reassure that everything is fine. Congrats on your AMAZING weight loss!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Tell her to tell "them" to come talk to you when they've completed their medical degrees. Until, you'll assume your doctor knows best.
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    >>http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yr4YVLJjAxQ/USF6GWiqHZI/AAAAAAAABzw/FMVB-_fQbBk/s1600/Anorexia+nervosa.jpg

That's what anorexia looks like. I hate when it's bandied around to mean "someone who is a bit thin".
  • xgirl451
    xgirl451 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your responses.

I think its a little of people not being used to my "new" look.

I think its also a litte bit of insecurity on both of our parts.

Next time she brings it up, I'll thank her for being supportive and tell her I don't really care if people think I'm too thin because that's between my doctor and me.
  • xgirl451
    xgirl451 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    >>http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yr4YVLJjAxQ/USF6GWiqHZI/AAAAAAAABzw/FMVB-_fQbBk/s1600/Anorexia+nervosa.jpg

That's what anorexia looks like. I hate when it's bandied around to mean "someone who is a bit thin".

Yikes!

Definitely not me.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    She is not your friend. The end.

Friends have disagreements and get jealous of each other. If any of had to be perfect, and only ever have kind thoughts, to have friends, we'd be out of luck.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your responses.

I think its a little of people not being used to my "new" look.

I think its also a litte bit of insecurity on both of our parts.

Next time she brings it up, I'll thank her for being supportive and tell her I don't really care if people think I'm too thin because that's between my doctor and me.

You're beautiful on the inside too!