tattoos

124»

Replies

• bed2883
    bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
    Good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good.

talk to the artist, see some of thier work , make sure thier style meets with what you want ,
    price is NOT the first choice, i have paid 160 for a large tattoo and i have paid 80 for an even larger tattoo.
    price is subjective, price doesn't = quality, quality doesn't=price.
    REMEMBER
    tattoo artists are
    1. Artists. unless you want something right from the book of flash , you are paying for talent
    2. most are renting a chair room or spot.
    3. most of the tattoo fee is set by the shop- the tip is just like a server at a restaurant, and goes directly to the artist
    4. trained via apprenticeship, a cheap tattoo doesn't ALWAYS = bad- i have a 9 inch tall bear on my back done by an apprentice which was only 120.00 (normally it would be over 300) it took longer, but i am an experienced canvas.

he has great talent and i would not hesitate to go back to him again, and one of my rewards when i get through this journey is a tattoo i have wanted for a while -- besides the point,
    get good work , not just fresh pictures of tattoos but healed tattoos, and you know what ASK PEOPLE around you who have tattoos where they got it . i never hesitate to recommend a good artist when i get stopped about my "sleeve"

^^^this

My tattoo artist is renting a chair and most of the cost of the tattoo goes to the shop. The tips is what he gets to take home.
  • iryshjones
    iryshjones Posts: 79 Member
    can anyone send me a recommendation for an artist in southern Ontario ?? (not too far from Hamilton)
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    I paid about $500 dollars for a 6.5 hour tat, done by a really amazing artist. I got a discount though because another family member knows her and has had a ton of work. It should have cost more toward $700 dollars