never hungry, still fat

Options

Replies

• jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow, everybody is just a bit edgy today. Think I'll stay out of this one.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A different demographic just seems to use this site. There's bb.com, pro ana forums and here. I choose here.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    one person said ED, lots of people said weights, several people said her profile was rude.

so the whine is that someone mentioned ED and everyone is so terribly mean to the youth of today.

the older, larger posters usually get a few rude responses too. it's the internet!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Some things a-maze me
    funny_gifs_snake_climbing_funnies-s260x212-288032-580.gif

Not so much amazed any more as amused at the lack of self motivation. :laugh:
    Then the crying when they can't figure it out :sad:
  • magpie0
    Options
    I didn't intend to start drama. It's just a pattern that I've seen on this site...
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    A different demographic just seems to use this site. There's bb.com, pro ana forums and here. I choose here.

Honestly, most demographics are represented here. You just need to find a good group of buddies, and you'll get all the support you want/need on your wall.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    one person said ED, lots of people said weights, several people said her profile was rude.

so the whine is that someone mentioned ED and everyone is so terribly mean to the youth of today.

the older, larger posters usually get a few rude responses too. it's the internet!

The older posters are often (but not always) more circumspect when they write.
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Quit eating junk food and lift heavy.

Probably not a good idea to make fun of fat people on a site like this. Just sayin.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Maybe my threads are inane but they don't get responses like the threads from bigger women. Hmm. I'm scared of the attacks now. Nvm this.

The thing is...if you're 30 pounds overweight and have 35% body fat, there are basic changes you need to think about. You might have a question or two about it and most people who have been on here for a minute can offer some insight. Also there are a number of different approaches that can work for different people.

If you are 20% body fat and want a flat stomach...it's a little harder. I've been down to 18% body fat, with ab definition, without having a completely flat tummy. My body isn't built that way. The OP's may or may not be. The answer is weight lifting and once somebody says that, there's not much else to say.

And if you want to have a completely flat tummy sitting down, well, you need Photoshop. So there's a reality-check element there. Maybe people could be more tactful about that, but this is the Internet.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Can't tell if ED, troll, or just drama queen. Either way you need help nobody here is qualified to provide.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    This is a cry for attention. I say this as someone (when younger) had body/food issues. This is something I could have seen myself doing and she knows the type of responses she is going to get by saying "I'm fat".

Sometimes you think about how much you hate your body even if to others, you look great, that you use unhealthy outlets to just get it out of you. It sounds weird but it's true.

Now I am not saying you have any type of actual disorder, But I don't think you will find the help you need here. Find a therapist that will help you deal with the real emotions as to why you feel this way. Much luck.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Maybe my threads are inane but they don't get responses like the threads from bigger women. Hmm. I'm scared of the attacks now. Nvm this.

The thing is...if you're 30 pounds overweight and have 35% body fat, there are basic changes you need to think about. You might have a question or two about it and most people who have been on here for a minute can offer some insight. Also there are a number of different approaches that can work for different people.

If you are 20% body fat and want a flat stomach...it's a little harder. I've been down to 18% body fat, with ab definition, without having a completely flat tummy. My body isn't built that way. The OP's may or may not be. The answer is weight lifting and once somebody says that, there's not much else to say.

And if you want to have a completely flat tummy sitting down, well, you need Photoshop. So there's a reality-check element there. Maybe people could be more tactful about that, but this is the Internet.

Untrue about the flat belly while sitting.
  • invisibubble
    Options
    If I changed my age on my profile and added 100lbs to my weight, people would more readily help me.

I'm sorry though; I see the responses where people gave actual advice. Still, a significant people just focused on her profile.
    That's odd, I do not find I have the same problem at all.

Because you're fun. And don't whine.
  • magpie0
    Options
    If I changed my age on my profile and added 100lbs to my weight, people would more readily help me.

I'm sorry though; I see the responses where people gave actual advice. Still, a significant people just focused on her profile.

Thanks for the positive reinforcement!!!!!
  • invisibubble
    Options

Calling it as I see it, I'm not your personal cheerleader and life isn't full of fairies. Life's full of truth. Stop whining and maybe people might respond to you more positively.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Every time I see perfectly lovely young women talk about attaining 'thigh gaps' a little piece of me dies inside
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    One more vote for lifting. It's the fastest way to see the changes you want from where you are right now, at least on firming up. You may or may not have the bone structure to have a thigh gap, but lifting will certainly not hinder one.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

Calling it as I see it, I'm not your personal cheerleader and life isn't full of fairies. Life's full of truth. Stop whining and maybe people might respond to you more positively.

Exactly. Totally agree.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I didn't intend to start drama. It's just a pattern that I've seen on this site...

decided to post after reading this - read through all the other posts (the OP should life weights). as for your perception of this site, it's just that your perception. there are far too many younger people on here that clearly have a distorted view of their body and their eating/exercising habits. if you are on here poo pooing what people have to say yet you don't bother filling in your diary how can anyone take your own posts seriously. the main objective for this site is to track by logging your food by logging you exercises and if you can't do that then what's the point of being on here or making comments about anything/anyone.

i find it disturbing you mention proana sites yet to choose to be on this one. so you actually thought mmmm.... do i join this proana site or do i join mfpal. why would there even be a choice unless you agreed with such sites.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You're 11 years older than me...

Age doesn't mean anything really.

I think it all comes down to the attitude of the poster and how specific they are in their posts. Responses also depend on how realistic the OP is when they post.

When things are posted online you cannot tell the tone of the person writing. You also don't know that person personally to know how they communicate in general. The OP here got a decent chunk of good advice which was to work on the attitude/confidence and lift weights. Also, when you post something on an online public forum you have to be prepared to get all sorts of replies... good, bad, polite, nasty, etc etc.

Overall I've seen most people here be incredibly supportive and helpful to people from all ages, places in the world, male/female, and of all weights.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people on this site (mainly young females but not all young females) that are using this site for something other than what it was designed for. There are a lot of people here that do have a disorted view of what their body should look like or what they should weigh.