Avocado... What to do with it?

Options
I_wanna_live
I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
Anyone have a recipe for avocados? I picked a few up from the market and now don't know what to do with it. I know, I find the taste blah, with a boiled egg yoke texture, in it's raw state.

Replies

• scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I always add avocado to my spinch salads, but I love the taste of them raw, so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I always add avocado to my spinch salads, but I love the taste of them raw, so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

I put them in spinach salads too! Maybe with dressing on them you wouldn't mind it as much? I love them in any way, shape or form.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I put it in my smoothies, makes it really rich and creamy.

Cut avocado in half, remove the pit, crack an egg into the pit hole and bake in oven until the egg is cooked how you like your eggs and then top with salsa before serving....yummy breakfast.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Guac. Love it
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You can put slices on a piece of toasted whole grain bread and drizzle some olive oil on it = delicious. I found the texture kind of revolting at first when I tried eating slices raw, but now I love them. I love their nutty flavor. You can add them to salads or sandwiches.
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to slice it and eat it plain. You can add them to tacos or chili. You can also make guacamole and use it as a dip for veggies or a spread on a sandwich. Maybe try chopping it then tossing it with grape tomatoes sliced in half, olive oil, lime juice, salt, cilantro, and green onion.
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I put it in my smoothies, makes it really rich and creamy.

Cut avocado in half, remove the pit, crack an egg into the pit hole and bake in oven until the egg is cooked how you like your eggs and then top with salsa before serving....yummy breakfast.

Oh wow, I am drooling just thinking of this.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's ever a time when you cook avocados, so it's "raw state" is what you've got. I personally cut mine in half, remove the pit, sprinkle with salt, put several drops of hot sauce in the pit hole, squeeze a bit of lime juice over it and eat with a spoon. Delish!
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mash avocado and use it in place of mayo in egg salad.
    Put slices on a burger with pepperjack cheese.
    grilled cheese/ pepperjack/avacado and jalapeno
    I know I got more uses but my brain is taking a small break :)

remove the pit place slasa and sprinkle with cheese and a sunnyside up egg on top.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I should add that, it was my first avocado. It may be an acquired taste, like with coffee, onions, shrimp, and many other foods.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    goes great with whiskey,
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Anything that mayo does, and avacado can do:)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I picked a few up from the market and now don't know what to do with it.

trash! yuck.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I love slided avocados on egg sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, or quesadillas. Also great as guacamole with veggies or chips :smile:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    we slice it and put it on top of scrambled eggs. thye would go well wiht all sorts of stuff.
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I LOVE avocados. Raw, in spinach salad. I had avocado egg salad for lunch yesterday. I also use it to make pasta sauce. And Avocado, spinach and mozzarella grilled cheeses are so yummy!!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Eat it sliced up with almost anything! Or mash one up with 1-2 tbsp fresh salsa for quick and easy guacamole to dip cut veggies in. mmmmmmm
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    yes, replace your mayo with avocado ...great in tuna!!!
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    face mask
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like putting it in a turkey sandwich or mixing it up with cold shrimp for a sald.