Replies

• ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Slice it and just add lime juice, salt and pepper.. mmmm good
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhh! Avocado's the SUPER FOOD! I LOVE THEM any which way, but lately my favorite has been a chickpea guacamole salad for lunch with a few mutli grain sea salt chips for some crunch, or tortilla chips, flax seed chips, etc.....

My recipe:

1 small avocado (Haas are best) pitted, cubed & peeled.
    1/4 Cup of juicy tomatoes diced

prepare your Avocado & maters in a bowl first then add your spices/herbs to taste. It taste best with fresh of course, but to save time at work I use dried:

Chives
    Cilantro
    Minced garlic (or garlic powder if you don't have minced)
    Kosher Salt (or whatever salt you use)
    Ground Pepper (I really like white pepper better, but whatever you have)
    Fresh lime juice enough to wet your spices down on top of your mixture, but be runny.

I like mine mixed not mashed where I still have some yummy avocado chunks in there, then once you have mixed well add you a 1/2 cup of chickpeas & mix til coated. DIG IN! So good, I always find myself licking the bowl!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My wife loves this one. I've made it several times when hers girlfriends come over for a wine tasting party.

Hot Avocado and Shrimp Soup

1 small onion, diced
    2 stalks celery, chopped fine
    4 cups chicken broth
    1 bay leaf
    4 sprigs parsley
    1 cup sour cream
    1/8 cup chopped chives
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    2 medium avocados, peeled, seeded, roughly chopped
    1/2 cup cooked small shrimp, shelled, de-veined

Place onion, celery, broth, bay leaf, parsley, salt & pepper in a large saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and reserve stock.

Place avocados in blender or food processor; puree avocados while slowly adding stock.

When mixture is smooth, return to saucepan and heat gently; add shrimp. Cook over low heat until heated thoroughly, do not boil.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream atop each serving, and sprinkle with chopped chives.

Garnish with a slice of Fresh Avocado and sprig of cilantro
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Avocados are awesome to help belly fat. I like avocados (actually too much), but I'll go at lunch time and get some ready made fresh pic de gallo, a lime, and a hass avocado from the supermarket next door to my office, chop the avocado up into little bits the same size as the pico, squeeze some lime juice in and then add some garlic salt. noms noms noms....
  • TibLuvr
    TibLuvr Posts: 3
    Options
    I love it in my romaine salad. I also like it just with sliced tomatoes and a small drizzle of Italian dressing.
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of mayonnaise and I also sprinkle cumin on top and eat it like that ^_^ but I also like them plain or in my salad
  • 123losinforme
    123losinforme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on an avocado kick lately and I came up with this breakfast.
    I mash 1/2 an avocado with a tsp. Of EVOO, tiny sprin kle of sea salt, generous amount ( about 3/4 tsp )of garlic and black pepper and I spread that in one whole wheat bagel that was cut in half and toasted, then I scramble two egg whites and top the avocado. It's alot of calories but so filling and heart healthy and it lasts me from @7am until well past lunch. All together about 429 calories

Hope u like it..

Dana
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    :noway: I don't even know where to start! Avacados rock my world...on salad, as guacamole, in any type of sandwhich...

I really need to stop seaking of food now!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I make a sauce with it called Avo-ziki sauce. It's like a Greek Tatziki sauce. Great for salads or a dip. Yummy!
    I would love this recipe!!!
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Make a healthy Shamrock Shake =)

Ingredients:
    1 can coconut milk (you can also sub 1 ¾ cups of any other type of milk)
    1 avocado, peeled and seed removed
    2 1/2 – 3 T pure raw honey, (or other sweetener of choice)
    1 cup of ice
    1 T pure vanilla extract
    1 tsp pure peppermint extract

DIRECTIONS:
    Put everything in the blender and blend. Enjoy! Makes about 4 cups.
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Avocados, any which way but loose!
  • Phoenix2024
    Options
    I just mix it on itself and use it on my sandwich instead of using mayonnaise. Adds a great flavor boost and gets some healthy fats into my lunch. Add some spinach, lean turkey and some tomotoes and I get everything out of it.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    mmmm avacado!!!

EVERYTHING!!!
  • MelissaVoci
    MelissaVoci Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jasmine rice, a little garlic, sea salt, and fresh avacado, cut into small chunks. Mix it all up, the avacado softens and almost "melts" into the rice YUMM!
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    my favorite was to cut in half, then in wedges like an orange, toss lightly in olive oil then toss lightly in bread crumbs... bake in the oven 350 until just starting to brown.... OMG!!!
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    Anything. I just eat it with a spoon. I love it.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I like to poach eggs, and put them in the hole
    where the pit sits.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Avocado-Tzatziki/Detail.aspx

i love avocado too.

mix avocado and 1/4 coconut cream and more milk or water and ice . it is so delish!

need something quick. mix avocado with a can of rotel ( drained well )
    fresh ingred. best but this will work in a pinch.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Anything. I just eat it with a spoon. I love it.
    This.