90lb in 14 weeks with pics (hopefully!)

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Don't mind the haters or wannabe doctors that keep telling you negative stuff. If they knew it all they wouldn't be overweight themselves.......whatever you did, worked for you.......that is all that matters!!! Who is down 90lbs??? YOU ARE.....
    Weight loss is something that should be congratulated, no matter what route they took. As long as they are happy and feel good, it shouldn't matter...... Be proud of yourself...jealous people and "know it alls" really su**.....
    PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the people posting in here concerned for his health (and not being jealous) are either AT goal weight or pretty close to it.

Many of them have done some of the things he has done, or watched others do it, with bad or adverse medical affects.

This is all we are saying. A method like this CAN be dangerous. A method like this CAN be detrimental.

congratulations to the OP on his success...and I REALLY mean it.

But I also hope that he's healthy, doctor monitored, has his vitals checked and understands that maintenance can be a trickier course for him to achieve given the route he has chosen.

THAT is all.

Jealous? no. Concerned? Sure. Glad he had success? Yes.

want other people to follow in his shoes? Not so much.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You are one dedicated man. That's impressive no matter how you look at it. Congrats on your accomplishments, and good luck reaching your end goal and making the switch to maintenance.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    After losing 60 lbs in 3 mos, 1 week, I returned to my Dr, just to check in and get my vitals checked, ie, sugars, trigliceriides, liver functions , etc........and that wasnt cheap either

my Dr said I was perfectly healthy, and to keep monitoring my Blood Pressure and come to him if I needed anything.....very supportive , compasionate Dr of 30 years of service

I think all of us support this man and congratulate him on his sucess........I wished he would have mentioned if he had Dr support and communication with him in this weight loss, but I noticed hes from England and their health care isnt the same as it is here.......I have relatives in England and have heard about the process..........

As long as he hopefully has communication with his Dr and is being monitored , I am behind him completely.......His diet may not be for all of us, but it worked for him, ..........Great job OP
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    hmm
  • prettykitty01
    prettykitty01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What a transformation OP! That's quite a bit of dedication and determination!
    I do have to say, I'm quite disappointed with the posts that have NOTHING positive to say to OP.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Wow. Netting 400 calories a day? Almost as low as I netted when I was in the clutch of a 12 year old eating disorder.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to choose a different path from the norm.............

Except that his different path could also damage his heart in a very different way. Just know that I personally am not trying to be a jerk to the OP by pointing out the downfalls of this method.

Explanation please.
    How could his heart be damaged?
    Are you referring to an electrolyte imbalance or something else?
    If you're going to make a statement like that, knowing others will be reading it, then provide the evidence so it can be educational.
  • troark15
    troark15 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job and great determination. Keep inspiring people. Thanks for posting.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I think you did an excellent job and I don't think you should feel like you starved yourself just because a few posters think you did.
    People need to remember it's not their life and what somebody else does to get fit doesnt mean it's a cure all for everyone. Disagree with how he lost his weight, then make sure you don't do it the same way for yourself.

great work OP.

whether or not this gentleman under-ate is not based on opinion.

i choose crack with a meth chaser.

diff'rent strokes, right?
  • sudbury20
    sudbury20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Well done to you.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to choose a different path from the norm.............

Except that his different path could also damage his heart in a very different way. Just know that I personally am not trying to be a jerk to the OP by pointing out the downfalls of this method.

Explanation please.
    How could his heart be damaged?
    Are you referring to an electrolyte imbalance or something else?
    If you're going to make a statement like that, knowing others will be reading it, then provide the evidence so it can be educational.

I am in the middle of cooking a healthy dinner for my family. Here's one article from Livestrong that is about overexercising and undereating. http://www.livestrong.com/article/557673-undereating-overexercising/
    It even indicates that men can have a decrease in testosterone, sorry OP's wife. The article also indicates that damage to the heart is possible. Will look for more info after dinner.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The man eats 200 calories a day. Newborns - NEWBORNS - eat more than this.

People are defending this......why????
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    While that may be true, I am just suggesting that people shouldn't detract from the fact that he worked hard regardless of if it was the "right way" or the "wrong way". Everyone is different right :)

The problem is that this post will be read by many people who will not post. Many of those people will think that netting 400 calories a day (as a 6'1" male? Holy moly) is okay and a good way to go now. It just isn't.

There is a reason that this is in the MFP posting rules:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

OP: I know that it took effort to get where you are, please don't think that I don't. But, your long term health and fitness is what matters here, and those questioning your methods are doing it out of concern for not only your health, but also for the health of readers who may be influenced into entering into a VLCD and could potentially have damage from it show up later. Weight loss shouldn't be a "by any means necessary to lose it FAST FAST FAST!" endeavor. It's all about the long term and the big picture here.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! You look great!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    1. 1200 to 1450 calories per day on average. I do vary this so perhaps I eat more at weekends and less thurs and friday especially before weigh ins.

3. Exercise twice a day nearly every day, once session at least one hour and the second normally 40 mins. I burn 600 to 800 cals per day after subtraction of background calories. I rarely eat back my exercise calories. .

.... So you starved yourself? Yikes. I hate to rain on your parade but you're not losing your weight in a very healthy/sustainable way.

I don't get it. This is not a healthy nor sustainable way to lose weight. And we have like80-90% of the replies here giving kudos to starvation. DO the math. He's not netting more than 200 calories per day. Then you have all these people with join dates in the last month or so here looking to this road map to disaster as something good. SMH. I just dont' get it. This is why I became a troll.

:angry: :explode: :grumble:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I think you did an excellent job and I don't think you should feel like you starved yourself just because a few posters think you did.
    People need to remember it's not their life and what somebody else does to get fit doesnt mean it's a cure all for everyone. Disagree with how he lost his weight, then make sure you don't do it the same way for yourself.

great work OP.

Please realize that people like me are not suggesting he do it the same way we did. He is telling us that he basically nets a few hundred calories a day. This is just as unhealthy as obesity. Why don't people understand this? His methods are going to cause him to gain weight when he starts to eat at maintenance.

Not to mention digest smooth muscle.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1. 1200 to 1450 calories per day on average. I do vary this so perhaps I eat more at weekends and less thurs and friday especially before weigh ins.

3. Exercise twice a day nearly every day, once session at least one hour and the second normally 40 mins. I burn 600 to 800 cals per day after subtraction of background calories. I rarely eat back my exercise calories. .

.... So you starved yourself? Yikes. I hate to rain on your parade but you're not losing your weight in a very healthy/sustainable way.

I don't get it. This is not a healthy nor sustainable way to lose weight. And we have like80-90% of the replies here giving kudos to starvation. DO the math. He's not netting more than 200 calories per day. Then you have all these people with join dates in the last month or so here looking to this road map to disaster as something good. SMH. I just dont' get it. This is why I became a troll.

you hit the nail on the head, brah.
    the ones propping this are noobs and/or doing the same unhealthy crap.

they'll all be back when they plateau or gain it back wondering what they did wrong.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    well, for a while, its been a few seasons back, but I did watch the Biggest Loser

No, I dont condone the show, really, didn't agree with lots and lots of thier tactics

but there were a certain select group that got off their backsides and went to a gym, worked out strenously, ate normal healthy food, had their vitals monitored and in the end lost their weight

I also know many of those folks were in bad shape, ie, their health was in a dangerous way.......

Dont you think that had they not done something about their weight, it would have only continued to decline until a medical emergency, diabetes, kidney failure, or worse........death

what I am saying about the OP, is maybe he was near death, or had some type of medical emergency happen that forced him to give up his binge drinking, esp for a 330 lb, 50 year old man.........I wished he would have stated what his health was.....

again, I as well think he did it fast, but if hes healthy, dont you think we need to congratulate him, the way we would congratulate a smoker for quitting cold turkey, or an alcoholic that stops drinkiing completely................shheese, this man comes here and post all his accomplishments, and some need to be nasty..........how sad....
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Yep.

If someone posted a thread going "I'm eating 2 bananas a day. Is that okay?" I would DESPERATELY hope most of the people here would respond "No."

But I doubt that, since at 100 cals a pop, 2 bananas a day is all that he is eating.

And people are loving it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG2IxupZnzE89KF951wjtJ0QFMvjkuTBr3q40oqROZSGaarxVF
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Too lazy to quote. Lloyd, honesty does not equal nasty.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!