90lb in 14 weeks with pics (hopefully!)

Options

Replies

• jryan83
    jryan83 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Please don't lecture people that reach great success. He lost the weight. Just because you "starve" yourself on a 1400 calorie diet does not mean he does. Everybody is different. Besides, I have known people who took a year to lose the same weight and they still gained it back.
    It is all individual.

We're lecturing because 200 calories IS starving yourself no matter how you cut it.

That's 2 pieces of sliced bread.

A day. And nothing else.

For months at a time. That is what the OP did.

First thing I thought when I saw his pictures was "WTG" then I read his post and I was "WTF". Sorry that his amazing results were not done in a healthy way.

I have yo-yo dieted for a long time and main reason I gained weight back was because I was on diets that were not sustainable. Eventually your brain and body get together and say "Eff, this. We've had enough. Now EAT"
    Thats when you break and eat back and gain more than you lost.

I've been to nutritionists and doctors who have advised me on the benefits of losing. Never once did they tell me my health was so bad that I needed to lose my weight that fast. 1-2lbs a week is what they said. That is sustainable. I can eat less or eat more and exercise. Either way I can make it work and not suffer too much. Even gastric by-pass patients and morbidly obese people receiving in-patient treatment eat more calories than O.P. is.
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Lots of "experts" here offering opinions that no one wants to read. Nice job, OP. You're loads healthier now than you were before. Short term stress on your body is no big deal... keep it up!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Lots of "experts" here offering opinions that no one wants to read. Nice job, OP. You're loads healthier now than you were before. Short term stress on your body is no big deal... keep it up!

LOL@ Male over 6 feet tall that now has a metabolism conditioned to operating on a sub 400 calorie per day calorie intake is "loads healthier" and is "no big deal". Thanks doc. Please illustrate the scenario where he trains his body's metabolism to return to eating normal maintenance calories without regaining the weight at a record pace.

ps. I didn't need to read your opinion either.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Are you a doctor? Or even better, the OP's doctor? What gives YOU the authority to say short term stress on HIS body is no big deal.
  • boxsox2
    boxsox2 Posts: 9
    Options
    nice.
  • TigerPawsSC
    TigerPawsSC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think you did an excellent job and I don't think you should feel like you starved yourself just because a few posters think you did.
    People need to remember it's not their life and what somebody else does to get fit doesnt mean it's a cure all for everyone. Disagree with how he lost his weight, then make sure you don't do it the same way for yourself.

great work OP.

Please realize that people like me are not suggesting he do it the same way we did. He is telling us that he basically nets a few hundred calories a day. This is just as unhealthy as obesity. Why don't people understand this? His methods are going to cause him to gain weight when he starts to eat at maintenance.

I am posting in this thread specifically to highlight a highly unsubstantiated empirical claim by this poster:

"This is just as unhealthy as obesity."
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think you did an excellent job and I don't think you should feel like you starved yourself just because a few posters think you did.
    People need to remember it's not their life and what somebody else does to get fit doesnt mean it's a cure all for everyone. Disagree with how he lost his weight, then make sure you don't do it the same way for yourself.

great work OP.

Please realize that people like me are not suggesting he do it the same way we did. He is telling us that he basically nets a few hundred calories a day. This is just as unhealthy as obesity. Why don't people understand this? His methods are going to cause him to gain weight when he starts to eat at maintenance.

I am posting in this thread specifically to highlight a highly unsubstantiated empirical claim by this poster:

After being a MFP member for two years prior, solid first post.

Welcome to the MFP forums.

:flowerforyou:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Good for you
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

Are you a doctor? Or even better, the OP's doctor? What gives YOU the authority to say short term stress on HIS body is no big deal.

Or you to tell him otherwise? You're just a stranger online.. I'm sure all your "helpful" posts won't change his mind. I get where you are coming from but I can't think of very many people on here who come to a thread about someone's success and tell them they are doing it wrong. More meant for a PM I think.. you wouldn't like it if someone did it to you
  • MB_Positif
    Options

great work OP.

Keep reading. Later I post a link indicating that under eating can cause health issues as well including heart problems.
  • MB_Positif
    Options

Or you to tell him otherwise? You're just a stranger online.. I'm sure all your "helpful" posts won't change his mind. I get where you are coming from but I can't think of very many people on here who come to a thread about someone's success and tell them they are doing it wrong. More meant for a PM I think.. you wouldn't like it if someone did it to you

You are right, he won't listen anyway. He hasn't even come back to defend his methods or explain himself better. The reason I have posted everything I have is because I want the other people who are new to the site to see that his methods aren't safe for anyone. The OP is a lost cause, but maybe those of us that actually lost our weight in a healthy manner can stop a new person from taking extreme measures to lose weight.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Understandable. Most people here want instant gratification and will only pay attention to people who lose an insane amount of weight in a short amount of time. Feels like no one ever learns. OP looks awesome, sucks that his methods he claims he used was what got him there.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Understandable. Most people here want instant gratification and will only pay attention to people who lose an insane amount of weight in a short amount of time. Feels like no one ever learns. OP looks awesome, sucks that his methods he claims he used was what got him there.

I like what you said there, "claims." Part of me is wondering if it took him longer but he just wanted to get people all riled up!
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

:drinker: :love: :love:
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely new man! Great job!!
  • rmurray614
    rmurray614 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I've only lost 11lbs. in 3 months.:(
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

What's done is done for the OP. We're speaking out in an attempt to dissuade others from reading his plan and thinking that it's a decent blueprint for weight loss. Because it isn't. On his profile the OP tells a story of an up and down cycle of weight loss and gains. There's a reason for the yo-yo-ing and it lies in these drastic, draconian, unhealthy and unsustainable tactics.

People like to say that Success Stories isn't the place to pick at people, but I disagree. I got here a year ago and Success Stories was the place I was in the most. I never posted or commented, but I looked at the before and after photos and that's where I got the motivation to make this site work for me. These pages are very influential to new people that don't yet know what is and isn't a good idea. I'd feel terrible if I didn't speak up on something like this simply because of the thread in which it was placed.

Bad, unsustainable plan is bad and unsustainable. I don't care what forum section it's in.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

What's done is done for the OP. We're speaking out in an attempt to dissuade others from reading his plan and thinking that it's a decent blueprint for weight loss. Because it isn't. On his profile the OP tells a story of an up and down cycle of weight loss and gains. There's a reason for the yo-yo-ing and it lies in these drastic, draconian, unhealthy and unsustainable tactics.

People like to say that Success Stories isn't the place to pick at people, but I disagree. I got here a year ago and Success Stories was the place I was in the most. I never posted or commented, but I looked at the before and after photos and that's where I got the motivation to make this site work for me. These pages are very influential to new people that don't yet know what is and isn't a good idea. I'd feel terrible if I didn't speak up on something like this simply because of the thread in which it was placed.

Bad, unsustainable plan is bad and unsustainable. I don't care what forum section it's in.
    very well said. The whole idea of MFP is 'healthy' weight loss according to the OP that's not what he has done. All those congratulating the poster are encouraging those lurkers hat unhealthy and possibly dangerous practices are the way to lose weight. Those posters saying we'll done are also part of the problem. This is not a pro Ana site but a healthy weight loss site. As someone who has had a relative almost kill herself via an ED these sort of practices should not be supported or .encouraged people on this site would not congratulate someone who had built muscle with the aid of steroids because it's unhealthy a d dangerous so why are some of you thinking it's right to support someone who has starved themselves to lose weight?
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    I have lost 74lb in 3 months but i see my doctor every 3 weeks for blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar, before starting in January my health was really bad on the verge of type 2 diabetes my blood pressure was 185/95 saw my doctor last week my blood pressure is now 130/45. I started mfp at 1500 kcal and gradually gone to 1200 kcal and I do eat or very close to 1200 kcal aday, I exercise approx 9 hrs aweek off strength and cardio, people ask how have I lost so much weight in 3 months? My answer is hardwork and to eat all of your kcal as long as the food you eat is healthy, my doctor is happy with the progress and all my health sats are in the normal range :)
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    That's awsome ^^. Great for you. But 130/45...
    45 is that even possible? Taking a&p class now and 120/80 is normal. So 130 is also good. But 45 is way too lo?? Or no?
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!