Ddumb to drink 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to up calories?

Options

Replies

• jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That's disgusting! How about peanut butter instead?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Shudders at the thought wouldnt be too bad if you put it in a shot glass and added some apple cider vineager ( it has no calories or wellanything really and its a detoxant)
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people drinking olive oil to "cleanse" the intestines, so if that were *not* my intention I would be reluctant to try it to up calories. Nuts are my go-to if I need a dense calorie hit that is not junk.
  • sandolr
    sandolr Posts: 1
    Options
    I know my sister adds oil to her oatmeal in the morning. But nothing else. Don't know how it tastes but if it's a way to get the oil you need, maybe try it?
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If it is high-end pure olive oil, and you like it, maybe not bad. If you were gong for the omega fatty acids and the currently praised health benefit of olive oil vs. anything else high-cal and fat, I guess that's cool, but I'd rather eat it ON or IN something. Some folks have been known to top a 1/4 cup of vanilla bean ice cream (the really good stuff, not the air-whipped kind) with a drizzle of olive oil for the sweet/salty hit.
    If I'm eating it straight though...I'd go for the coconut oil. It tastes like eating coconut, and is a paste like peanut butter when it's room temp (about 70 degrees).

Ice cream and olive oil. Interesting. I'm almost tempted to try that.
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Why don't you keep nuts or seeds around and eat them when you need to up the calories? Very nutritious and very high in calories.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I make something called "fat bombs" for this very same reason.

1C coconut oil
    3/4C Almond Butter
    3/4C regular butter (unsalted)
    4TBSP shredded unsweetened coconut
    6 Packets Truvia

I melt down all the oil and butter/almond butter in the microwave and then stir in the Truvia and coconuts. I pour this mixture into those silicon candy moulds and it makes about 30 bombs. They are low sugar, low protein but very high in good fats. 147 calories in each one, and they taste a touch better than the CO on its own :)
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    ...why not just eat ice cream or chocolate instead?

I don't eat sweets (or bread or rice) during the week. That's just for Saturdays.
  • tomcornhole
    Options
    Why don't you keep nuts or seeds around and eat them when you need to up the calories? Very nutritious and very high in calories.

I had almonds today, too. Love almonds.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I usually drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over steamed veggies. I do this at lunch and dinner.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    You will have to go to the bathroom :)

This is the best way to achieve going to the bathroom when you can't!

Eat peanut butter instead?

Olive oil can be used as a laxative, so that shot might get things moving on you!
  • Grinb
    Grinb Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Popeye was always using Olive Oyl and he was uber fit, maybe pour it on some spinach lol
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You will have to go to the bathroom :)

This is the best way to achieve going to the bathroom when you can't!

Eat peanut butter instead?

Olive oil can be used as a laxative, so that shot might get things moving on you!
    2 TBS wont do too much in this area unless it's a two or three time a day dose of olive oil. However, it may possibly make the next evacuation more expedient.
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat two tablespoons of peanut butter.

Agreed. similar calorie count depending on the brand. must tastier way
    otherwise I'd suggest to add the oil in your day's cooking somehow rather than drink it :P
  • MerBear30
    MerBear30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what your calorie intake for the day is like. (Purely wondering not offering any advice) You look pretty built and muscular, probably exercise a lot. You probably have a pretty high goal to start with. Unlike my goal of 1200 cals a day because I'm trying to lose weight. I know my husband (because of his size and he wants to build muscle not lose weight) has a much higher caloric intake even without exercise. So this is just purely being curious. I think olive oil would be fine to drink.
  • tomcornhole
    Options
    Just wondering what your calorie intake for the day is like. (Purely wondering not offering any advice) You look pretty built and muscular, probably exercise a lot. You probably have a pretty high goal to start with. Unlike my goal of 1200 cals a day because I'm trying to lose weight. I know my husband (because of his size and he wants to build muscle not lose weight) has a much higher caloric intake even without exercise. So this is just purely being curious. I think olive oil would be fine to drink.

BMR=1840
    TDEE = 2700
    Target = 2000

So I am running a fairly significant deficit. I am getting close to my goal so I want to reduce the deficit so I can build muscle mass. I have tracked LBM for a year and I have stayed constant at 157 lbs the entire time. And there is a lot of lifting in there. Would like to get to 185 lbs with 157 lbs LBM (15% BF) and then up the calories to TDEE to build up muscle mass to hit 12%BF. That means I need to add 6 lbs of muscle mass and maintain fat. No clue how to do that, but I have 7 lbs to figure it out. Figure that's 6 weeks or so.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your dieting goals.

I've already had pretty good "luck." Thanks.

I always love it when people are completely closed to even hearing a viewpoint that conflicts with their own. It shows real character. A+
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

1C coconut oil
    3/4C Almond Butter
    6 Packets Truvia

I melt down all the oil and butter/almond butter in the microwave and then stir in the Truvia and coconuts. I pour this mixture into those silicon candy moulds and it makes about 30 bombs. They are low sugar, low protein but very high in good fats. 147 calories in each one, and they taste a touch better than the CO on its own :)

Just for extra fats ?
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

1C coconut oil
    3/4C Almond Butter
    6 Packets Truvia

Just for extra fats ?

Yes sir. I was struggling to eat at my BRM once I cut out refined carbohydrates and this snack gets my good fats UP and my cravings for sugar DOWN. I also grab one if I'm in a pinch and I know I'm missing a meal. I won't be RAVENOUS and it helps me make better food choices over all. Works for me!