I want to cry and scream and..

Options
Throw and break things.

But I cant cause Im an adult.

This day keeps getting worse. To much to go into.. But the short version is..

Boyfriend is being an absolute **** (He is hanging out with his "best friend" so no surprise there)
This is in my house so I am locked in my room.
There is no food in said room.
I dont want to go out and get food because of said "friend"
Boyfriend is popping pills and being an all around douche whos word never amounts to anything.
Im starving and stressed out and pissed off.

Maybe I will find an old protein bar somewhere for dinner. If I am lucky.
Didnt even get a "workout" in today because of his friend. (was suppost to shoot hoops with the guy but his friend is more important)

Anyway. Sorry. Just feeling down. Carry on with your cool lifes full of friends and family. I will be laying here on my bed with the only family and friend around. A cat. Go figure.

Replies

• hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the douche. There's way better out there.
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    He is awesome when he isnt around this so caled 'friend'. But this 'friend' is an awful influence (i.e... The pills)
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    sorry for the reasons you listed,, especially the pill thing.. he would be GONE.. you need to take care of YOU and he is either with you or gone... sheesh what is he thinking?
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    He is awesome when he isnt around this so caled 'friend'. But this 'friend' is an awful influence (i.e... The pills)

if you are blaming the 'friend', you are making a HUGE mistake.

don't blame the 'friend'.

:-)
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options

^This
  • allikat93
    Options
    Yeah. Getting tired of empty promises.

"I promise you Alli, I will shoot hoops with you today." (said it yesterday too)
    "No James wont stay over..." "...promise"

knew as soon as he said james was coming up to the house.. The second one would ring false.
    Knew as soon as he told be we were picking james up the first one became void. (James is an alcoholic and no longer has his licence because of it. So we have to cart his *kitten* around everywhere. Thank god we have no booze in the house... Bad for me though.)
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options

^This

Double this...
  • JATP1
    JATP1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself and go eat something healthy and do some sit-ups, squats whatever you can to work out in your room or you will really feel resentful. And tomorrow when you are feeling good decide if you need to set some limits with the boyfriend,
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    Sorry, it sounds like your bf is an @ss and a druggie. I say put your big girl panties on and leave your room and get some food!
  • allikat93
    Options

^This

Oh.. It is the bf too.. I know it is.. But.. Idk... Ugh..
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you are REALLY hungry like you say I would just go to the fridge to get food, as awkward as possible with no eye contact and keeping my head down :p
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Only you can change it, or enable it and you are def enableing it, so really it's your fault it keeps happening. Why do you want to live like that? Make the boyfriend choose you or the friend and I think he'll choose the friend.
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Why is your workout contingent on his? You can always workout by yourself, shoot hoops alone, etc
  • allikat93
    Options
    Take care of yourself and go eat something healthy and do some sit-ups, squats whatever you can to work out in your room or you will really feel resentful. And tomorrow when you are feeling good decide if you need to set some limits with the boyfriend,

Hahahhahahaha. Limits. Oh man. Thats a good one. This WAS a hard limit. The door is locked and he aint sleeping with me in his room. He can share the couch with his friend.

The only reason this is happening is becaus emy landlord (and roommate) isnt home tonight to ban james from staying. (roomie hates james as much as i do.. If not more)

The bf isnt a druggie. Just stupid. He only does this when james comes around.hince the reason ibhate the douche so much.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    1 - just because your an adult, you are aloud to cry.
    2 - it sounds like you are a prisoner...why can you not leave your room?
  • dakotababy
    Options

Hahahhahahaha. Limits. Oh man. Thats a good one. This WAS a hard limit. The door is locked and he aint sleeping with me in his room. He can share the couch with his friend.

The only reason this is happening is becaus emy landlord (and roommate) isnt home tonight to ban james from staying. (roomie hates james as much as i do.. If not more)

The bf isnt a druggie. Just stupid. He only does this when james comes around.hince the reason ibhate the douche so much.

If your boyfriend is popping pills - he is a druggie. Don't be in denial about it or try to defend his behaviours. We call this co-dependency.
  • allikat93
    Options
    Why is your workout contingent on his? You can always workout by yourself, shoot hoops alone, etc

I have no hoop here at the house and no car. (Live 20 miles out of town). I dont need to excercise today.. But I wanted too and he promised he would do it with me (big step considering he doesnt really support my diet or weightloss goals or anything)
    It is really hard for me to self-modivate. I feel like an idiot excercising alone. I would go for a walk but it is pouring down rain.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You know what the problem is; the so-called boyfriend. Not the friend, not the pills, not even the landlord.

You know how to fix this. Get rid of him or leave. But you don't want to do this for whatever reason you have. So it seems apparent that you somehow are being 'fulfilled' by this relationship.

It's your choice. You locked yourself in the room, not your boyfriend. You're enabling his behavior by what you're doing. Get out of there; go for a drive or a walk, get some healthy food, meet other people.

Tough love, girl. I'd give my sister the same advice I'm giving you. <3
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options

I would never ever date a guy who could 'change'. You aren't going to be in your little home with a white picket fence and no one around you.

Ditch him and get an upgrade, he sounds pathetic and WEAK if he is going to give into peer pressure. Get a handsome IT entrepreneur programmer boyfriend like mine. All his friends are his business partners, so all their free time is spent on talking about engineering, planning weekends away hiking, and figuring out how to make me feel special ;)

If any drug other than alcohol or caffeine went to his mouth he would be a single, heart broken loser :)
  • dakotababy
    Options
    I just quickly read the entire thread...your kind of been a bit dramatic about it, and it sounds like no matter what anyone on MFP suggests, you are just going to make an excuse for it. Good luck!