Feeling guilty about my "guilt free eating day"

Options
1235»

Replies

• TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I stopped doing them, mainly bacuse I just got to a point where I had binged on everything I even wanted to!

No I just try eat to my calories every day but make no fuss if one day I week there is cake at work or a Buffet at a function, but they do no harm I lost quite a lot of weight when I was doing them.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days because they would pretty much cancel out my entire weekly deficit. My deficit is small, and cheat days for me would be 4000+ calories. Plus I sometimes have days where I'm over my goal anyway, I don't need to plan them too!

Assuming you have a 1lb a week weight loss target, 1000 over would only be 500 above maintenance. By having this once a week, you'll still have a 2500 weekly deficit (3500 = 1lb of fat) Enough to still lose weight. If your deficit is even bigger (2lb a week goal) then all you'll have done is be at maintenance that day which is definitely nothing to worry about :smile:

Basically, if you're still seeing results, don't sweat it. Enjoy! :)
  • khayashi80
    khayashi80 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Now that I am getting close to my goal, I do a little off-plan eating. Basically instead of a whole day of eating, I choose an off-plan item or 2 that I have been wanting. Last time it was a monster cookie and some chips and guacamole. This week will be a dessert for my husband's birthday. That way I have a plan and don't get as guilty about it. You don't have to, it is just to help you eat healthy while remembering we aren't perfect. Good luck, don't get yourself down. I had a blow out weekend once where I ate over 3000 calories over my goal. The main point is not to use it as an excuse the blow the rest of the week, every time you go off plan and hop right back on, you've made an important step!
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I did that in the past, but that doesn't works for me!!!

for that reason I try to eat everyday orderly!