What's harder for you? Healthy eating or Exercise?

Options

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Exercise is super easy for me. I love my gym.

Eating healthy is really easy for me! I love veggies.

Staying under calories and away from sweets are the hardest part.. this is why I'm not successful.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I love healthy eating now. I also love exercise, but I'm not very well right now so have to keep it reigned in which is incredibly hard for me. Balance with exercise is what I find hardest for sure! I just want to go mental with the kettlebells and spin bike!

Zara
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I can control what and how much I eat, but I can't for the life of me shake the "exercise is uncomfortable and exhausting" mentality.
  • 2ndaccord
    Options
    Definitely eating. I exercise 4 to 5 times a week for about an hour or longer but eating still gets me. It's just so easy to slip up and overeat. Even with healthy food.
  • adlawham
    adlawham Posts: 20
    Options
    I struggle with the eating. I work second shift, but odd hours and it's so much easier to stop at a fast food place and go to work. And at home, I eat pretty good. Just too much. I have my days where I feel like I am starving and eat everything. Even with grapes or cantaloupe, I'll want the whole bag or the whole melon. I enjoy working out, still struggle with staying with it. It is a lifestyle change and it is hard, but gotta keep at it. :)
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    exercise, there are days where I would be happy eating eating nothing but lemon water all day rather than get my butt off the couch. lmao
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    used to be diet, but now i'd definitely say exercise
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Exercise!

I LOVE TO EAT.

Healthy, unhealthy. It doesn't matter as long as it's tasty... no problem eating! With MFP I can keep track of what I eat and if I go over I can keep it to a minimum... MOST of the time... and when I don't I could theoretically keep it check with exercise... IF I could only bring myself to actually exercise!
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hands down exercise. My chronic pain and fatigue makes it very difficult to get on a regular work out schedule. ~
  • Melliemd
    Melliemd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Eating definitely. I'm an extremely picky eater (no seafood, very few veggies, etc. they literally make me gag/nauseous) so it's difficult for me to find things that I can stomach that are good for me. The secondary problem to that is since there are such few foods I want, I make the same meal every day for a week and then I get sick of the ingredients so I have to search hard to find something else I can try for the next week. Typically I end up eating lots of whole wheat bread, eggs, nuts, fruit and chicken.

Exercise seems hard at first, but as soon as I do it a couple of days in a row it's awesome. It makes me happy, energized, and I can feel the results.
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Eating is my weakness!

I love exercise, everything about it. Sweating and feeling sore the next day makes me feel great!
    My problem is that I want to eat all the time. It's not always "unhealthy" stuff, but I can easily go over my daily caloric intake. :embarassed:
  • abideedum
    abideedum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Exercise hands down, eating is hardly an issue for me (anymore obviously).
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    As someone who grew up with asthma & bronchitis and horrible coordination I've never been good at exercise. I can stick to a meal plan, with the occassional wobble, but in general I'm pretty good. Its the exercise that kills me. Luckily I have a puffer now for exercise induced asthma & I'm doing the Coach 2 5k program and for the first time in my lift I"m actually getting active!!
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    healthy eating is my biggest problem. i do not do well with portion control, i make excuses (and believe them) when i over eat. I give in to cravings.

i can go in spurts and do well (6-8 weeks) then fall back into my old ways. always has been a challenge for me to eat controlled portions.
  • LondonsAngel1990
    LondonsAngel1990 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Eating is definitely the harder one of the two! I love hitting the gym with the ear phones in, fast paced, big bass tunes burning those calories! BUT I'm a complete foodie, I live, eat & breathe food. I always wanted to be a chef when I was younger and I'd still like to own my own food based establishment before I die! But you fall into bad habits and reconditioning yourself that you can't eat all those yummy bad foods that you did before is hard!
  • gettinfitin13
    Options
    Eating healthy is my obstacle.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I hate moving. ;_;
  • pangy1958
    pangy1958 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I have a dislike of sweating that I have to get over again. Lol.
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I love working out and always eat pretty healthy but it's the portions and frequency that are tough to stick to. It's fairly easy for me to overeat so I'm trying to train myself to stay within my caloric limit so I can drop that stubborn fat.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't know yet. I think exercise. Because I just recently started that, but the reason I just started was the chronic pain I have has been less painful and I was itching to get out and get moving. I don't think lack of motivation is the problem I think it's issues with pain. But, let me tell you in spite of the pain one day I wanted extra veganaise on my pasta dish so I went out for a walk anyway. Cuz I really wanted it. Now I do what ever I can to be moving during the day even if it is just sitting in a chair and stomping my feet up and down. I am glad I am alone a lot so that I can do this otherwise I would feel silly.