Skinny people and the word fat

Options
13»

Replies

• pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    so does that mean that when i see people on this board (the people who have pics as their avs or on their profiles) and see that they're all "skinnier" than me (and most of y'all are) that it's ok for me to roll my eyes and say "girl, puh-lease"? i think not (and i could care less what your reasons are for losing weight/counting calories/taking care of yourself). i agree with the people who've pointed out that it's a matter of perspective and treating others as you'd want to be treated; giving them the benefit of the doubt.

just because someone is skinny it doesn't mean they don't have their own struggles with weight. or struggle with their body image. it could very well be that when you say something to a more slender person that it makes them feel like they're in an awkward position. who doesn't say something incredibly stupid in awkward situations?

guess what i'm trying to say is....don't let what other people say bother you so much. it's not worth the wasted energy :smile:

oh and for the record. i'm not skinny. i'm 5'3" and weigh 195 pounds. i've been heavy for the past six years and since i have no thyroid, i'll likely be heavy for the rest of my life.

AMEN! Just because I've almost reached my goal this time, it doesn't mean that I don't understand weight struggles. I believe most people, especially women, have body issues concerning weight. You shouldn't be happy with your weight because the media tells you that this/that is beautiful. People who say, oh, you only have 5 pounds to lose, what could you understand? are missing the point that it's still a struggle....for me a daily one. That's why I sought out this site for support. I hope that's what we can be to each other, regardless of what weight goal we're trying to attain.