The weird things you miss about NOT being overweight...

Options
124»

Replies

• lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I really miss having clothes fit my body! and I can't afford to buy many new ones... in the mean time I just look frumpy. When I do try to go shopping I still can't find my size!

As I was changing sizes I shopped at Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Ross along with Target sales racks and Old Navy sales. Now I have all these size 8s, 10s and 12s sitting there. Some jeans, work clothes (slacks and large tops), cargo pants, long shorts.... If you want to pay shipping I'd be happy to send to you whatever is in your size.
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    Not to mention, I kind of liked not being checked out everytime I wore something snug.... I actually kind of enjoyed being anonymous and unattractive some days. Weird, right?

Ok so in the past I never was noticed or if I was I never noticed being noticed...make sense?? Now when I go out I still don't notice being noticed but my friend will tell me that guy or that guy was checking you out. One day I was at the gym on the treadmill and my workout buddy told me that guy over there was checking out your butt. I don't notice it at all. Is that normal??

My problem is similar. I never notice when I AM being checked out and when I think I'm being checked I find out I wasn't. ): Blah. I'm no good at the whole 'flirtation' game.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Back to the boobs situation....Does anyone else's boobs rest comfortably in their armpits like God intended when they lie down at night?
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, I kind of liked not being checked out everytime I wore something snug.... I actually kind of enjoyed being anonymous and unattractive some days. Weird, right?

Ok so in the past I never was noticed or if I was I never noticed being noticed...make sense?? Now when I go out I still don't notice being noticed but my friend will tell me that guy or that guy was checking you out. One day I was at the gym on the treadmill and my workout buddy told me that guy over there was checking out your butt. I don't notice it at all. Is that normal??

My problem is similar. I never notice when I AM being checked out and when I think I'm being checked I find out I wasn't. ): Blah. I'm no good at the whole 'flirtation' game.

You and me both! Is there a class? LOL
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    and I can't stuff quite as much in my bra (for example cell phone, keys, money, credit cards, camera, etc.)

Best answer ever!!!! LOL

I agree. It really impedes your ability to sneak food into the theater. :)
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    You and me both! Is there a class? LOL

I really really REALLY wish there was.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Back to the boobs situation....Does anyone else's boobs rest comfortably in their armpits like God intended when they lie down at night?
    Yep! It works out well - then I can see the tv.
  • NaturalMom
    NaturalMom Posts: 85
    Options
    I miss being full. That warm happy feeling of eating a big juicy cheese burger, fries, and chocolate chip cookies with a diet soda :laugh: . I miss not only the taste of the food. But that peaceful FULL feeling. I'm always hungry and unsatisfied now.

You may not be getting enough fiber and/or protein.... or not drinking enough water. I know it doesn't seem like it, but whole grains, fruits and veggies should fill you up and satisfy you even more than fast foods like you are describing.
    I actually eat way more than I used to but way less calories and I get full. (And I am *not* a skinny chick ... yet;)
    There are a number of good resources on this site to help you. Don't give up!
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    A much different question than the norm around here, but I can actually think of one thing: Being warm in the winter with all the extra padding!

Yes I'm always cold!! haha

Me too!! Brrrrrrrr :huh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I miss some padding on my butt:sad: I mean YAY me for losing weight, but dang it hurts to sit very long in one position in a chair (or the floor or anyplace actually) and shifting around doesn't work for long. lol

But I guess a pillow or something beats having never lost weight at all!:laugh: :drinker:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I really miss having clothes fit my body! and I can't afford to buy many new ones... in the mean time I just look frumpy. When I do try to go shopping I still can't find my size!

Do you have any thrift stores or Goodwill stores nearby? We have a Goodwill and a Pet Rescue Group in town who both sell clothes. You have to shop a bit but I have found some really nice clothes for next to nothing pricewise.
  • sexychick33
    sexychick33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I miss the padding, my hip bones hurt when i lay down, an my hubby tickles my ribs! I feel the cold more but i wouldnt want to have that padding back ever again lol!!!!!!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I miss NOT feeling guilty every time I eat something bad or skip the gym. This is my biggest problem in my weight loss journey!
  • NaturalMom
    NaturalMom Posts: 85
    Options

Do you have any thrift stores or Goodwill stores nearby? We have a Goodwill and a Pet Rescue Group in town who both sell clothes. You have to shop a bit but I have found some really nice clothes for next to nothing pricewise.

Totally! I bought myself new clothes at Salvation Army every 20lbs or so. Where we used to live there were lots of great (designer) clothes for hardly any money at all. When stuff got too big I would donate them and do a shopping trip in the same visit :)
  • rockgoddess
    rockgoddess Posts: 20
    Options
    So far, I don't miss any of the weight I've lost!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I most certainly miss knowing exactly what size I was and being able to walk into any shop and just simply pick up X-Large.

It is really difficult for a man to buy 30" trousers when 99% of the racks contains 34" to 42". All the way down my loss I've been able to go in and just buy the next size down. Now I have to pop back a few times to get the single item that is in my size :grumble:
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    So I've been thinking about this ever since you posted it... I thought that I hadn't lost quite enough weight to really comment, but I realized this morning that I have found something!

I miss being able to pick up a pair of pants and not worry about them being wrinkled!! Before, my pants were tight enough (not too tight, of course, but they fit) that the wrinkles weren't able to be seen when I wore them. I noticed yesterday after washing my hands in the bathroom at work and glancing in the full length mirror that first, my pants were not tight in the thighs AT ALL, and secondly, that they were wrinkled and looked awful! I paid attention to it this morning and saw just how bad it looked... I stuck my pants in the dryer before putting them on!

I've lost enough weight that I'm one size down, and luckily, I have a whole 2 pairs of pants in that size. Unfortunately, I can't wear the same 2 pairs over and over, so I'm alternating them with the bigger ones, and skirts. I'm too nervous to give away my big pants and buy new ones though! I think I'm going to go through my closet in my parent's house when I visit over the summer and see what smaller clothes I can take home with me.